“Excellent Banquet & Catering Staff”

Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I recently held a work conference at this hotel and have nothing but wonderful things to say about the banquet staff and the catering staff. Everyone was extremely attentive and helpful from the time I booked my reservations until the time I left the hotel. We had staff members on hand the entire time our conference was going on to obtain anything we needed. I would definitely consider having a work conference or other event at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear Guest Lesley D:

Thank you very much for your encouraging review, and please believe me when I write that it has been shared with our entire banquet/conference services team. Our goal is to be the Pittsburgh region's #1 midscale full service hotel. This is not an easy goal to achieve but we are all committed to the process of getting there. Whenever a group conference or a social event is entrusted to us; our Chef, Front Desk, Housekeeping and Banquet staff all know that we want to do whatever it takes to make that event a success to justify the confidence that our clients showed in us when they booked it. Thank you again both for having your conference here and for this kind words.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

In early June 2013 we celebrated a family member's 95th birthday with a dinner for about 50 people. Chris, the banquet manager, was extremely helpful, and even with a huge wedding across the hall, we never felt like his attention was elsewhere. Overall everyone felt the hotel did a very good job of hosting the dinner. The food was very good (chicken Marsala was a little dry but the prime rib made up for it) and the staff was always friendly. The fourth start Igave the hotel was for the banquet team.

The hotel itself was typical for this class / price range. Our room was clean, though my mattress was either very soft or very old, because I sunk into it more than I would have cared. I was disappointed to find a $10 breakfast buffet that didn't include pancakes, waffles or French toast, but the eggs and meats on the buffet were decent enough. Again, we found the staff to be well trained and friendly.

The hotel is located on a hilltop, and there are several restaurant choices nearby of you prefer to eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: Even rooms in the very back are easily accessible from the parking lot. Check in before you park, a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Guest Ulmubi:

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the 95th Birthday Banquet you attended at our hotel. We did have a very busy day, and I am so glad that even though it was busy that you felt like you had the attention and concern of our banquet team. Your review has been shared with the entire banquet staff, and with our banquet manager Chris and our Chef as well. All of us are pleased that this special occasion was handled in a way that made the attendees feel special.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The two good things about this hotel is the housekeeping service and they take pets. Otherwise, its a very antiquated hotel. In our room the wallpaper was falling of the wall, the carpets were stained, the bathroom was super small and the plumbing was very poor you prayed the toilet didn't overflow every time you flushed. The bathtub also drained very slow. The front desk doesn't know what they are doing. They gave us keys to the wrong room. We preregistered online for two double beds and we got one king. They sent us to another room and told us someone would be up with the keys and no one ever came. My wife had to go back to the front desk to find again they sent us to the wrong room. Finally we got our room which as I mentioned above. It also is like a maze inside very few exits to the parking lot. If there would be a fire it would be a disaster in my opinion. It was nice for our pet once you got outside because there is a lot of green and its built on a hill. Additional, its no cheaper than the other hotels in the area and they provide no breakfast with the room like many others do. We did have a microwave and a coffee pot in the room, but the coffee was terrible and the pot leaked. Like I said avoid if you can.

Room Tip: If you do stay here get a room by parking lot exit
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank TJMacoPa
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear TJMacoPa:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay here at The Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center. Please accept my apologies for your dissatisfaction with the stay, and believe me when I write that I will be personally investigating the circumstances that caused your dissatisfaction.

I hope that you will not mind however that I address some safety concerns that you expressed in your review, because as hotel operators our greatest duty is to provide travelers with a safe place to stay.

The Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center is very safe. Our hotel is two stories tall with 146 guest rooms. All of our guest rooms and all of our corridors and public areas are fully covered with emergency sprinklers. All guest room hallways have at least two fire exits at each end leading to the parking lot with lit signs as required by law. We have a total of 14 highly visible fire exits that open directly to the parking lot. All guest rooms and public areas have smoke detectors that are wired to our fire panel, so that if smoke was to trigger a smoke detector, a general alarm would sound throughout the building, instructing guests to walk to the nearest fire exit. The alarm system is set up to automatically contact the local fire department any time the alarm is triggered. Like virtually all hotels in the United States; on the back of the guest room door in every one of our rooms is a map of the hotel showing the location of that room and the nearest fire exits.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, we want you to return someday, and I will be reaching out to you personally to see if we cannot make things right for you.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have been staying here since college days back in the late 90's. Name has change to Ramada since then, but all else seems to be the same. The hotel was clean, staff friendly, and rooms fine. But for a hotel that put itself on this level I would have expected a little more.

Good news is that they have begun a restoration, I look forward to seeing the improvements.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Chris L:

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are in the process of making some improvements here to our hotel; but making physical improvements is something that every business must do just to stay in business. We hope that our guest's experiences will continue to improve through our ongoing emphasis on cleanliness throughout the property, friendliness, and a philosophy of striving to satisfy every guest every day, by empowering each staff member to do anything within reason to make the guest happy. We know that we are not perfect and so don't claim to be, but we are a group of people who are committed to doing our best every day. So if you are a guest in the future and there is something that you do not like please bring it to my attention or that of one of our employees and we will do our best to make it right for you. I hope that the next time you stay with us that you will notice a few more physical improvements, but the same friendliness that you have always experienced.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was on my way to Pittsburg last weekend and decided to stay here with my family.
The staff was very very friendly as soon as we got in . Once you are in the lobby, it doesn't feel like a Ramada.
We got a nice room just a few doors from the main door. The sheets were clean , the room smelled fresh and we just crashed as soon as we got in.
The Refrigerator and the Microwave was an added plus to the Room. I love photography and I wish I had more time to take some pictures as the area around the hotel looked very scenic.
May be on my next trip to Pittsburgh !

Room Tip: They have Jacuzzi Suites . They were full when i was there . But I would try that next time.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Guest: Thank you so much for your kind words. We have empowered our staff to take action to make our guests happy whenever a problem arises, and let them know that being kind and friendly to our guests is their highest duty. Please contact me directly at the next time you are traveling to the Greensburg, PA area and I will be happy to make reservations for you personally.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed numerous times at the Sheraton Four Points with no issues. It was an economical alternative to the nearby Hampton Inn. Even after the flag change to Ramada, not too much changed however, this recent trip of May 6 to 9 has changed my opinion of the hotel dramatically. When I checked in, the bathroom looked like construction had taken place and no one cleaned up. By that, I mean the counter and sink was scraped and chipped up all over the top. Next was the funky stuff on the wall paper at the top near the ceiling…I was not going to touch that! Some other wall paper was peeling off in other places. The shower really surprised me. I looked in and there were large stains on the bottom. I ran the water and used a wash cloth to see if it would come off. Apparently it was like a plaster/cement product maybe as it would not come off – which was good I guess…I was glad my wife was not along on this trip. Each morning when I left, I would see staff and they were always friendly and kept the room up good. The last straw for me was morning of the 9th. Turning on the shower, waiting for it to get hot or at least warm…never happened! Finally, I decided to take a fast run through the water so I could get on the road and keep my schedule.
I have found over the years that not all hotels are always the way you want them to be and you make the best of situations however, this train wreck of bathroom issues I thought deserved some recognition. Who knows, maybe it can help fellow travelers? When is Ramada considering a makeover for this hotel? It is badly worn and in need of so many things.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Bolongo
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear Guest Bolongo:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Please accept my apologies for the substandard experience your had. We did have a problem this Thursday and Friday with hot water. One of our three boilers ceased working properly and we had to perform repairs on it to bring our hot water supply back to normal. These repairs were completed Friday afternoon, May 10th. We also have this month replaced 36 bathroom vanities in our guest rooms and are very concerned to hear that the vanity in your room was not in good condition. I will ask our housekeeping department to inspect the vanities in all of our rooms in case we missed a vanity that needed to be replaced or if our contractor failed to perform the work properly.

What was described in this review is not indicative of the level of maintenance and housekeeping we strive to provide each and every guest, and we will use the review as a basis for refocusing our efforts to reduce the likelihood that this could happen again.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review. All of our guests are welcome to contact me at any time either through our front desk or by calling my direct line which is posted in all of our guest rooms.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My family and I stayed here over Easter and it was very nice. The rooms were clean and didn't smell weird. The hotel has a very large pool and a fitness center which were well kept. The only bummer at this hotel is there's no free breakfast but a restaurant which did smell good. The rollaway beds were very comfortable, much more than most hotels. The beds were comfortable and even though the hotel is pet friendly, there were no signs that animals were in the rooms we had. Definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge and microwave, the rooms have the same price.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Hubb6:

Thank you very much for your kind review. We read and discuss every review we receive at our hotel because we are truly committed to satisfying every guest every day. The feedback we get from our guests is the best advice we can use to make improvements. We also are able to pass your compliments or constructive comments on to the actual front line associates who prepared your room, or checked you in and thank them for making a guest happy. Should you ever return to the area we would be honored if you were to stay with us again. If you book your room at Ramada.com you should find that we have rates available which include full American breakfast in the rate for a modestly higher price. Thank you again so much for your kind words.

David Cantando

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Inn at Mountainview
#6 of 10 in Greensburg
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe

Been to Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!