“When in Greensburg avoid this hotel if you can” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center

Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Morgantown, West Virginia
“When in Greensburg avoid this hotel if you can”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The two good things about this hotel is the housekeeping service and they take pets. Otherwise, its a very antiquated hotel. In our room the wallpaper was falling of the wall, the carpets were stained, the bathroom was super small and the plumbing was very poor you prayed the toilet didn't overflow every time you flushed. The bathtub also drained very slow. The front desk doesn't know what they are doing. They gave us keys to the wrong room. We preregistered online for two double beds and we got one king. They sent us to another room and told us someone would be up with the keys and no one ever came. My wife had to go back to the front desk to find again they sent us to the wrong room. Finally we got our room which as I mentioned above. It also is like a maze inside very few exits to the parking lot. If there would be a fire it would be a disaster in my opinion. It was nice for our pet once you got outside because there is a lot of green and its built on a hill. Additional, its no cheaper than the other hotels in the area and they provide no breakfast with the room like many others do. We did have a microwave and a coffee pot in the room, but the coffee was terrible and the pot leaked. Like I said avoid if you can.

Room Tip: If you do stay here get a room by parking lot exit
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank TJMacoPa
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear TJMacoPa:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay here at The Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center. Please accept my apologies for your dissatisfaction with the stay, and believe me when I write that I will be personally investigating the circumstances that caused your dissatisfaction.

I hope that you will not mind however that I address some safety concerns that you expressed in your review, because as hotel operators our greatest duty is to provide travelers with a safe place to stay.

The Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center is very safe. Our hotel is two stories tall with 146 guest rooms. All of our guest rooms and all of our corridors and public areas are fully covered with emergency sprinklers. All guest room hallways have at least two fire exits at each end leading to the parking lot with lit signs as required by law. We have a total of 14 highly visible fire exits that open directly to the parking lot. All guest rooms and public areas have smoke detectors that are wired to our fire panel, so that if smoke was to trigger a smoke detector, a general alarm would sound throughout the building, instructing guests to walk to the nearest fire exit. The alarm system is set up to automatically contact the local fire department any time the alarm is triggered. Like virtually all hotels in the United States; on the back of the guest room door in every one of our rooms is a map of the hotel showing the location of that room and the nearest fire exits.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, we want you to return someday, and I will be reaching out to you personally to see if we cannot make things right for you.

724-552-0601 (direct line)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have been staying here since college days back in the late 90's. Name has change to Ramada since then, but all else seems to be the same. The hotel was clean, staff friendly, and rooms fine. But for a hotel that put itself on this level I would have expected a little more.

Good news is that they have begun a restoration, I look forward to seeing the improvements.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chris L:

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are in the process of making some improvements here to our hotel; but making physical improvements is something that every business must do just to stay in business. We hope that our guest's experiences will continue to improve through our ongoing emphasis on cleanliness throughout the property, friendliness, and a philosophy of striving to satisfy every guest every day, by empowering each staff member to do anything within reason to make the guest happy. We know that we are not perfect and so don't claim to be, but we are a group of people who are committed to doing our best every day. So if you are a guest in the future and there is something that you do not like please bring it to my attention or that of one of our employees and we will do our best to make it right for you. I hope that the next time you stay with us that you will notice a few more physical improvements, but the same friendliness that you have always experienced.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was on my way to Pittsburg last weekend and decided to stay here with my family.
The staff was very very friendly as soon as we got in . Once you are in the lobby, it doesn't feel like a Ramada.
We got a nice room just a few doors from the main door. The sheets were clean , the room smelled fresh and we just crashed as soon as we got in.
The Refrigerator and the Microwave was an added plus to the Room. I love photography and I wish I had more time to take some pictures as the area around the hotel looked very scenic.
May be on my next trip to Pittsburgh !

Room Tip: They have Jacuzzi Suites . They were full when i was there . But I would try that next time.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you so much for your kind words. We have empowered our staff to take action to make our guests happy whenever a problem arises, and let them know that being kind and friendly to our guests is their highest duty. Please contact me directly at the next time you are traveling to the Greensburg, PA area and I will be happy to make reservations for you personally.

Chicago, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed numerous times at the Sheraton Four Points with no issues. It was an economical alternative to the nearby Hampton Inn. Even after the flag change to Ramada, not too much changed however, this recent trip of May 6 to 9 has changed my opinion of the hotel dramatically. When I checked in, the bathroom looked like construction had taken place and no one cleaned up. By that, I mean the counter and sink was scraped and chipped up all over the top. Next was the funky stuff on the wall paper at the top near the ceiling…I was not going to touch that! Some other wall paper was peeling off in other places. The shower really surprised me. I looked in and there were large stains on the bottom. I ran the water and used a wash cloth to see if it would come off. Apparently it was like a plaster/cement product maybe as it would not come off – which was good I guess…I was glad my wife was not along on this trip. Each morning when I left, I would see staff and they were always friendly and kept the room up good. The last straw for me was morning of the 9th. Turning on the shower, waiting for it to get hot or at least warm…never happened! Finally, I decided to take a fast run through the water so I could get on the road and keep my schedule.
I have found over the years that not all hotels are always the way you want them to be and you make the best of situations however, this train wreck of bathroom issues I thought deserved some recognition. Who knows, maybe it can help fellow travelers? When is Ramada considering a makeover for this hotel? It is badly worn and in need of so many things.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Bolongo
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Guest Bolongo:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Please accept my apologies for the substandard experience your had. We did have a problem this Thursday and Friday with hot water. One of our three boilers ceased working properly and we had to perform repairs on it to bring our hot water supply back to normal. These repairs were completed Friday afternoon, May 10th. We also have this month replaced 36 bathroom vanities in our guest rooms and are very concerned to hear that the vanity in your room was not in good condition. I will ask our housekeeping department to inspect the vanities in all of our rooms in case we missed a vanity that needed to be replaced or if our contractor failed to perform the work properly.

What was described in this review is not indicative of the level of maintenance and housekeeping we strive to provide each and every guest, and we will use the review as a basis for refocusing our efforts to reduce the likelihood that this could happen again.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review. All of our guests are welcome to contact me at any time either through our front desk or by calling my direct line which is posted in all of our guest rooms.

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My family and I stayed here over Easter and it was very nice. The rooms were clean and didn't smell weird. The hotel has a very large pool and a fitness center which were well kept. The only bummer at this hotel is there's no free breakfast but a restaurant which did smell good. The rollaway beds were very comfortable, much more than most hotels. The beds were comfortable and even though the hotel is pet friendly, there were no signs that animals were in the rooms we had. Definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge and microwave, the rooms have the same price.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Hubb6:

Thank you very much for your kind review. We read and discuss every review we receive at our hotel because we are truly committed to satisfying every guest every day. The feedback we get from our guests is the best advice we can use to make improvements. We also are able to pass your compliments or constructive comments on to the actual front line associates who prepared your room, or checked you in and thank them for making a guest happy. Should you ever return to the area we would be honored if you were to stay with us again. If you book your room at Ramada.com you should find that we have rates available which include full American breakfast in the rate for a modestly higher price. Thank you again so much for your kind words.

Wheeling, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Ramada Inn Greensburg was very nice. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The pool was warm. They had granola bars and coffee in the lobby in the morning which was very nice. We were staying for a conference and the luncheon that they served was excellent! Staff was all helpful and polite. I do wish that the rooms had safes and that the building had an elevator. They did offer to help us carry our bags up to our room, which was nice. It is a bit challenging to take all of our stuff and two small children up the stairs at once. Other than that, our stay was wonderful!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear TMW91784:

Thank you very much for your thoughtful review. We are glad to know that you and your family enjoyed the stay. Believe it or not, we are in the process of determining whether or not to install two guest elevators here at our hotel. Because it is only two stories tall, when it was built in 1978 the original owners decided not to install elevators. Much has changed since then, and the expectations of travelers have increased as the hotel industry has grown and gotten more sophisticated. In the meantime I will pass your kind words on to both the room attendant who cleaned and prepared your room and to our chef regarding the food you enjoyed at the luncheon.

Thank you again for your review.

Berlin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stay here because it is very close to where I work when in Greensburg. Some rooms are good some are bad and I would recommend paying for a better one. But the 2 times it happened I asked to be moved and got a good one. Place is a little run down and 10 years ago probably would have looked good. Worst thing is the heating/cooling system which is loud and so I have to turn it off at night. Best thing is the bar. Bar is not amazing but the staff are friendly and there is always a small collection of other business travelers sat around it. Weekends the Bar is also a local hotspot

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Philip R
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Phillip R:

Thank you so much for being our guest and for taking the time to review us. We agree that some of our rooms have gotten a bit tired, but are happy to report that some refurbishment of these rooms is being performed this month. I believe that by the time of your next visit, those below average rooms will be fixed so that you will not have to ask to be moved to a better room. In the meantime all of us here at the hotel are committed to becoming the best hotel in our area. We look forward to your next visit and the chance to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly if you ever need something during your stay or if you have a special request.

Thank you again.

David Cantando
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Inn at Mountainview
#5 of 10 in Greensburg
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe

Been to Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!