Knights Inn Greensburg
$43
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn(Greensburg)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2009

Upon checking into our room we noticed that it was filthy and had a ton of pubic hair under the comforter. There were stains on the side of the mattress and burn holes (non-smoking room) on the bed and carpet. The door knob didnt work right and the room smelled like a dirty hamper. I went to the front desk manager and demanded my money back. He told me I couldnt because I was in the room too long (23 minutes from checkin time). However, it was more like only 5 minutes because we spent time unloading the vehicle and then reloading it. Ichecked out and needless to say iot cost me $ 63.71 for less than 1/2 an hour. I immediately called nthe Wyndman HQ (parent company) and was told that each Knights Inn is independently owned and can do whatever they want. WHAT A JOKE. I will NEVER EVER stay at a hotel/motel owned my them ever again!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2008

If your looking for a pet-friendly motel in Greensburg, the Knight's Inn is about your only option. This is a old-style Knight's Inn, with the Tudor architecture and all rooms on one floor. All room access is outside - you drive your car up to the door, which I consider to be a plus. As an older property, it will not appeal to everyone, but is has pluses you won't find at the other hotel/motels.

It's located in South Greensburg on US 119 with easy access in and out of the property. The US 30 interchange is right there, so no matter where you need to go, it's generally not a problem. There is a McDonald's and Burger King within walking distance, plus Hoss's Steak House is a block away.

The motel is right along the Five Star Trail, which is a rail trail that runs from Lynch Field in Greensburg to Youngwood. This is a excellent trail for walking or biking and dogs are welcome (which is one of the reasons I really like the motel).

Despite the older feel to the property, I've never had a problem with the rooms in the 10+ years I've been staying there. My rooms have always had a microwave and refrigerator. And the housekeeping staff is always been very friendly. In 2007, they have added wireless Internet access, so your notebooks are welcome.

Regular from Atlanta GA

• Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank centauricw
Reviewed March 12, 2008

I don't know what the other two people are talking about. Maybe this is the cheapest motel in Greensburg, but it was far from a "must see" motel. I got there at night, and the outside was not well lit. As soon as you walk into your room, you were hit with a smell of "Grandma's attic". The 1970's lodge-type decor matched this as well. Creaky floors, wooden walls, old lights hanging from a chain in the ceiling and the old school recliner with the little wooden table made me feel like I was in a horror movie. Needless to say, I did not feel safe. There were 3 locks total on the door, which I used and that gave me a little piece of mind.
My room had no iron, microwave, or refrigerator like the other people were talking about. It only came with soap, towels, coffeemaker and some cups.
My room was semi-clean; There were hairs around the sink, toilet, and bathtub (4 hairs total). It looked like they rushed to clean it and missed a few spots.........so at least they tried ( I think).
In conclusion.......If you really need to save money, you can stay here. If you are cautious like I am, I recommend that you just bring your shower slippers, sheets, and everything else you need to feel comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank blue_25
Reviewed August 4, 2007

This hotel is definitely above average for an older, reasonably priced 'over-nighter' type of hotel. We stayed one night in a king room. The room was very clean. It had a king bed, recliner chair, small table and chairs, small microwave, and large apartment type refrigerator. The room also included an iron and coffee maker with coffee packets. The room was definitely dated but it was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The TV was small. The folks at the front desk were friendly. There were a couple problems with the room. The smoke detector was taken apart. I thought maybe someone did it so they could smoke but the room didnt' have any odor at all and it was a non-smoking room. Also, the door knob in the bathroom fell off if you pulled on it. But these were fairly minor issues. When I choose this type of hotel, my main concerns are basic comfort, no odor, no bugs, and clean. The hotel easily met all those requirements.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank skeeziks
Reviewed April 26, 2007

This is a great motel if your looking for something that is very reasonable with superb cleanliness. They are the cheapest in town and the best. I managed to get a room for $50 a night with my discounts. I stay here all the time when I am in the area. I won't stay anywhere else. The rooms are so clean that you feel like you are staying in a hotel. There is some fast food restaurants nearby such as Mcdonalds and Burger king and Wendys including Dunkin Donuts and Hoss. I always make sure I walk over for breakfast every morning. The people there are so friendly and the maids are always willing to help you . Theres a sweet older lady who works at the front desk who is always willing to chat. I make sure I stay here at least 2 weeks during the year. I especially love the inground pool they have outside that you sometimes have all to yourself.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo