“Supposedly Remodeled”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Columbia, South Carolina
“Supposedly Remodeled”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week in September 2013. The room was quiet and the staff seemed to be efficient. That is where the good points end. The room was dark and dismal. When I booked the room, I was told the hotel had been remodeled from ceiling to floor -- I have a hard time believing that. For instance, the water spout in the tub was rusted through on the bottom, the bathroom door stuck and was very hard to close. Whoever painted the walls, did an extremely poor job. The TV appeared to be standard definition. The comforter on my bed had several burn holes in it and so did the other one. The mirrors over the sink area were "tiles" and were terrible. I won't stay here again... It's not even the least expensive place in the area, but it is the cheapest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Elizabethtown, Ky
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed here this summer and the place was crawling with fleas! We couldn't believe there were so many and the management didn't seem to care. You would think that they would have a routine spraying program with the $10/pet/night that they charge for pets, but obviously they don't. Sure, we were offered another room after the fact, but did the other room have fleas or worse problems? Not to say anything about carrying all of the fleas to a new room that had gotten into our luggage and personal effects....or the junk food that they call a continental breakfast! The owner/management needs to have a reality check. Maybe they do this to guests in the country where they are from, but this is not how to treat people in the US! I can't believe that they get $60-80/night in this literally 'flea bitten' motel! This motel needs to be closed down! All of the paint and exterior fix ups can't overcome poor management. Save yourself the aggravation and find another motel. We won't be stopping at this motel again! We are senior citizens and have stayed at dozens if not hundreds of motels in our 45 years. This is the worst experience we have ever encountered! How would I rate this motel....it's not even a Terrible 1....it's a negative!

Room Tip: Look at another motel....don't even think about stopping at this one.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Greensburg hotels

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I never in my life have stayed at a more dirty, smelly, just down right nasty motel!!!!! Worst experience ever. I mean I know it was supposed to be the cheapest and that's why I stayed there but I at least expected it to be somewhat clean. If I'm paying $90 a night it better be clean right.
We arrived at 6pm . When we pulled up I thought from the looks of the place that it was nice. How very wrong was I.
After checking in ..... we open our door to the room and the smell of straight cat piss overwhelmed us.I thought maybe it just needed aired out. What a big assumption I made. We was in a hurry to get somewhere else so we didn't have time to go back and complain about the room. I should of.
After getting in late and trying to go to sleep we woke up to a smell that's was unbearable like cat piss and mold. O my god it was horrible then going into the bathroom and it was sooo dirty it looked like it had never been clean from the Last person that stayed in that room. There was cat and dog hair all over the floor to the point I was afraid to take my shoes off.
We laid blankets down on the dirty bed that we brang so we could go to sleep.
Anyways to some it up don't ever stay here!!!!! For the same price u can stay at the remada inn or super 8 or even a lil bit more Hampton inn which then u would at least feel clean and not smell and overbearing smell of animal feces!!!!!!!! Overall score 00000000.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank hatedirtyhotel
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I basically lived here for about 3 months...I was in town on business, and picked this motel bases solely on price. Once I was settled in, unpacked and rested, I found it to be rather comfortorable.... I really like that you can park directly outside of your room, since I kept a lot of expensive tools in my truck. The staff was friendly and very helpful, they even set me up with a new tv when mine started acting a bit moody, without any hassle. I was there long enough that I even bought plants and knick-knacks for the room....:-)
No issues with bugs or critters, clean spacious room, a/c and heat worked fine, decent surroundings with the occasional bunnies in the grassy areas, simple but free continental breakfast....I only wished their pool was in working order. There are a ton of places to eat nearby, with a large mall just down the highway (which is right nearby - easy access) and a great local watering hole, Tom's Bar, a couple blocks away. Great dive bar - go see Vonnie, she's a character - tell her Jimmy the hail guy sent you. She'll either toss you a free drink or toss you out, depending on her mood...lol
All in all, a good experience, felt at home, and I miss Greensburg.

• Stayed August 2012
Sayre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Four families traveled long distances, We all decided to stay at the Knights Inn in Greensburg, PA as it was close to our destination. All booked for two nights. We all made reservations in different ways. One booked online with AAA including indicating they were traveling with their children and small dog. Price quoted them included the extra fee for the dog. The second family contacted the office by phone, made their reservation by phone as requested a cot in their room. They knew there was an additional fee for the cot. Third and fourth made reservations on Knights Inn site. All of us arrived late in the evening after the main lobby closed. We also all arrived at different times. None of us paid the same basic fee.

My husband and I were the first to arrive. We checked in, paid for our two nights, went to our room and unpacked. AC was not on. After turning it on we found that it was pumping heat. After checking at the front desk clerk came and checked. Told us he would have to give us a different room. After relocating, room was OK, but had that "needed to have a good cleaning" feeling.

Second couple arrived and were given THE SAME ROOM we had moved from. AC of course was pumping heat. They too had to move. Again, had the feeling room needed to be cleaned.

Third family arrived with their children and dog. Paid their bill (one established with AAA and had included extra fee for dog).

Fourth family arrived after midnight paid for their two night stay in the room and the extra fee for the cot. Did not realize that clerk only charged for one night for cot.Got to their room, Relaxed for a while and fell asleep early in the a.m. Posted DO NOT DISTURB sign on door. 8 a.m. the next morning there was loud persistant banging on door. Upon answering door housekeeping informed them that the clerk had ony charged for one night and they were supposed to go immediately to lobby and pay for second night. When asked "Don't we have this room until 11 a.m; if we were only staying one night, but we paid for two so we have it later, why are you banging on our door at 8 a.m.?" they were told rudely that it was company policy.

Family with dog had similar experience. They received a phone call at 8 a.m. from the office saying they had to come pay for their dog. They had already done this, but they had to go to the lobby, show them their reservations with price including dog for two nights and their receipt before they could settle back in.

Mostly rude employees with the exception of the man who checked us in on Friday night.

Matresses were discusting. First night I pulled back the covers. Our sheets had marks that looked like black marker. Second night I pulled back top sheet to realize housekeeping had made bed but did not change sheets. Black marks still there. Not given choice of fresh sheets or keep the ones you used.

None of us plan to return.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank B S
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I drove my parents up to Greensburg for the funeral of an old friend. My brother told them he had made arrangements for a hotel room. He made them for the wrong day. Arrived to find that there were no rooms available for that night. The front desk tried several other locations and finally found us a room at Knights Inn. I was not happy, but figured it was for a single night as I was able to make arrangements elsewhere for the rest of our stay at a hotel in a nearby town.

I will say that the staff at the front desk were very pleasant. Other than that. Oh my.

I was expecting very very basic low end but nothing prepared me to feel downright afraid. It the old style motor lodge, and there were several large groups of workers hanging about everywhere with lawn chairs and cases of beer and they had grills set up for cooking in the parking area right by the door to our room. There were four locks on the door which told a tale in and of itself. The room reeked of smoke and mildew. The beds were made but everything was so dirty that you would not even want to set anything down. Then there were the bugs. I did not bother even looking at the bathroom.

Even though it was after 9:00 pm, I immediately returned to the car and drove back to the front office and told them it simply was not acceptable. I was issued a refund with no questions so they had to know what was what.

I left and took my parent to a local eatery and started making calls. I had to drive into Pittsburgh (Oakland/University - Hampton Inn) but it was worth it just for the piece of mind.

Room Tip: When traveling under emergency circumstances, gather info on alternatives just i case original plans...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Anne P
Greensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed March 1, 2012

i just read a few of the reviews for this inn and was honestly very surprised by the one saying it is terrible.
my husband and i have been staying here on and off for approximately a month and a half waiting to get into our new home. it's being inspected and repaired before we do.
we have had very few problems and if any come up the staff is very fast at fixing them. one night following the elctricity going off in the area our hot water was n't working and they quickly gave us another room and even gave us the choice of which we wanted. the houskeeeping is there everyday unless you have the do not disturb sign out and they will give you additional coffee etc if you request it. this is also located in an area where there are at least 3 fast food places and a hoss' restaurant with an excellent buffet and is resonably priced and greensburg has alot of other great spots all very close by and it is right off a main highway. this inn has been around for quite a few years and i have no regrets using it for our stay. i hope others enjoy it. thanks for reading and God bless you.

Room Tip: i personnally think the rooms in the 300 - 319 area are the best. 307 has a very comfortable bed.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cynthia W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
#1 of 10 in Greensburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensburg
Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe

Been to Knights Inn Greensburg? Share your experiences!