“good food”

Ranked #33 of 175 Restaurants in Greensburg
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
“good food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had lunch one day here. I had a fish sandich with f.f. and slaw. I had to take the fish out of the roll because it was so much fish hanging out of the roll. That was a big piece of fish lightly breaded and very good. Also clam chowder was very good and creamy. Make sure you ckeck it out. Very friendly place and service excellent

Visited February 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Food Very Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We visited on Apr 14th for the first time. Loved the spaghetti sauce. The waitress informed us that it is a little on the sweet side and brought some out for us to taste. IT WAS FANTASTIC, so we both ordered Italian food, just so we could have the sauce. The hot stuffed banana peppers were large, and contained a very long piece of hot Italian sausage and were smothered in provolone cheese. THe Chicken in the Chicken Parm (I ordered Grilled, a nice option) was very tender and oh that sauce...... magnific! One of the few desserts that I can't pass up is a pecan ball. It was covered in hot caramel and whipped cream. The service was excellent and very attentive to our needs. I only wish that this restaurant was closer to where we lived because we would be regulars

• Visited April 2012
Murrysville, Pennsylvania
“Best fish sandwich!”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and I go mainly just for the fish sandwich, but their other food is great and their specials are very reasonable. The servers are the friendliest around and the atmosphere is so homey--love the decorations around the holidays! Our favorite local restaurant!

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank fredsbabe
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We got burgers for dinner and they were so charred we could not taste anything else but char. The burgers came with chips and we literally recived five chips on our plates. The prices were cheap but quality and quanity was very dissapointing. Don't even bother with this restrauant, there are small proportions and terrible tasting food. The service and scene was not remeberable.

greensburg, pa
“Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful...that says it all!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We went to the Old Route 66 grille for dinner...and we loved it. The restaurant has been around since I can remember and the current owners have it decorated very tastefully, with what else almost everything bearing Route 66!!
We were seated and quickly given menu's and asked what we wished to drink. Before we knew it our two Pepsi's and iced tea arrived. We had looked at the restaurant's website earlier in the day at home, so we knew what we wanted to order. I ordered the 66 sizzler to be well done (it came with salad and my side was red potatoes), my father ordered chicken parmesian my mother ordered off the luncheon menu a salad, beef noodle soup and a chicken finger with seasoned fries (which is an appetizer).

Our salads came very quickly along with bread. The raspberry vinigarette dressing is fantastic!! My mother's soup came and she said it was some of the best beef noodle soup she's ever eaten.

Our dinners arrived and I could hear my meal before I saw it...let me explain...the 66 Sizzler literally came from the kitchen sizzling on the plate!! The steak was prepared exactly as I ordered it and the red potatoes were cooked to perfection. I gave a bite of each to my parents and they liked it...my mom is not a big steak fan and for her to give a thumbs up, it has to be good!!
My father said his chicken parm was very good and my mom's chicken finger appetizer basket was also great...she loved the seasoned fries and said that the chicken was better than Texas Roadhouse. There were 5 strips of chicken in her basket and she brought 2 home.

The next time we visit Old Route 66 Grille we want to try their lunch menu.

To grade this dining experience I will give an A+++++++ for everything: wait staff, decor and the meal itself!! You can't go wrong by dining here!!!!