“Don't waste your money!”

Old Route 66 Grille
Ranked #32 of 175 Restaurants in Greensburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We got burgers for dinner and they were so charred we could not taste anything else but char. The burgers came with chips and we literally recived five chips on our plates. The prices were cheap but quality and quanity was very dissapointing. Don't even bother with this restrauant, there are small proportions and terrible tasting food. The service and scene was not remeberable.

greensburg, pa
“Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful...that says it all!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We went to the Old Route 66 grille for dinner...and we loved it. The restaurant has been around since I can remember and the current owners have it decorated very tastefully, with what else almost everything bearing Route 66!!
We were seated and quickly given menu's and asked what we wished to drink. Before we knew it our two Pepsi's and iced tea arrived. We had looked at the restaurant's website earlier in the day at home, so we knew what we wanted to order. I ordered the 66 sizzler to be well done (it came with salad and my side was red potatoes), my father ordered chicken parmesian my mother ordered off the luncheon menu a salad, beef noodle soup and a chicken finger with seasoned fries (which is an appetizer).

Our salads came very quickly along with bread. The raspberry vinigarette dressing is fantastic!! My mother's soup came and she said it was some of the best beef noodle soup she's ever eaten.

Our dinners arrived and I could hear my meal before I saw it...let me explain...the 66 Sizzler literally came from the kitchen sizzling on the plate!! The steak was prepared exactly as I ordered it and the red potatoes were cooked to perfection. I gave a bite of each to my parents and they liked it...my mom is not a big steak fan and for her to give a thumbs up, it has to be good!!
My father said his chicken parm was very good and my mom's chicken finger appetizer basket was also great...she loved the seasoned fries and said that the chicken was better than Texas Roadhouse. There were 5 strips of chicken in her basket and she brought 2 home.

The next time we visit Old Route 66 Grille we want to try their lunch menu.

To grade this dining experience I will give an A+++++++ for everything: wait staff, decor and the meal itself!! You can't go wrong by dining here!!!!