“Sadly, Sunset Cafe is in a decline”
Review of Sunset Cafe

Sunset Cafe
Ranked #12 of 175 Restaurants in Greensburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fayette City, Pennsylvania, United States
“Sadly, Sunset Cafe is in a decline”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have dined at Sunset Cafe many times over the past few years. Last night's meal took a definite turn for the worse. Snarky, comments from the waitress aside, the Chicken Marsala was, in a word, terrible. Chicken had a hard, rubbery texture, much like a frozen patty that had been microwaved a few times too many. Brown Heinz gravy with mushrooms impersonating "Marsala" wine sauce. Two hours later I was doubled over the toilet at home, vomiting it up. Only plus of the evening...well, the coffee tasted OK. Note to owners: If your cost cutting efforts now include your the content of the meals you serve, kindly post a "Bio-Hazard" sign on the front door.

2 Thank Curt M

“Great Pizza”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have not lived in Gbg for 12 years, but every time I visit home I make sure I get Sunset pizza at least once. It is so good. Other food that I tried was all awesome. If this place ever closes I willbe very sad.

Champion, Pennsylvania
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I hadn't been to this restaurant for a few years. Not for any reason other than I live about 30 minutes away. Myself and four other family members dined here for a Birthday celebration. We all had different pasta dishes. From start to finish great tasting food and super service.

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic new summer menu”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Try the walleye! This meal was very well presented - the walleye was served with a few mussels and seafood ravioli. It was almost too much food, but a very nice plate. I enjoyed it all very much. My husband was in the mood for pizza so he got one and we took most of it home for lunch the next day.

Our kids were both away for the week and we ate our several times this week. I have to say for what we got vs the price - this was the best in town!

• Visited July 2013
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Local Eatery”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant has been an established business in Greensburg for many years. The owners appear to be updating its image with different menu items and renovations. The food is very good; great eggplant, delicious strip steak, and of course pizza. Highly recommend.

• Visited April 2013