“Nice stay”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
WNY
“Nice stay”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. I actually liked how the lobby was designed.
Really my only complaints were the pool was freezing and the hot tub did not seem hot enough.
The buffet breakfast was fine for the price of 9.95 and had a good assortment of items.
The location is pretty much near everything one could need but be aware during rush times traffic on this road can be pretty heavy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
JakeWny,
Thank you for writing a review from your visit to Courtyard Greensburg. We appreciate you sharing both positive feedback on our clean hotel and friendly staff, as well as opportunities for improving our guest experience. Your comments regarding the pool and hot tub temperatures have been addressed with our team in order to heighten our awareness of such issues. We value your business and hope you'll return for another stay in the future. Thank you once again.

Stephen Burton, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Michigan
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel was a nice surprise. Lovely lobby with a bar which opened daily at 5 serving drinks a limited food items. Rooms were clean and well appointed. I love the landscaped back patio area with a waterfall-very peaceful. There were table and benches to sit at and some shaded areas. Walking distance to several restaurants and shopping. Rooms were very quiet. I was never awakened by running kids in the hall or slamming doors. Very helpful and friendly employees. Shortfall: only one mirror in the room with adequate lighting for getting ready and that was in the bathroom. There was a full length mirror as well on the door but no prep area. Missed some toiletries such as q-tips and body lotion.
Breakfast was not included and I would recommend going else where as the quality was only fair.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
JustABeachBum58,
We appreciate your review and feedback from your visit to Courtyard Greensburg. We’re glad you enjoyed a quiet stay and found our lobby bar, friendly staff and convenient location to exceed your expectations. Your feedback is important to us on all areas and we thank you again for your comments. We hope you’ll return for another visit in the future.

Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

was helpful, happy and courteous, even when a large crowd of people arrived at the same time to check in. Rooms, bathroom and beds were very clean. However, I don't think the room should cost $150+ per night, especially in greensburg.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank 511Susan
511Susan,
Thank you for writing a review of Courtyard Greensburg. We’re happy to know you had a pleasant stay and found our friendly staff and clean accommodations played a part. We hope you’ll visit us again in the near future.

Edgewater Park, New Jersey
Reviewed April 23, 2014

While traveling in the area of Greensburg, PA for business I stayed at the Courtyard for a week stay. The location is up on a hill off of a major interstate road and a few miles from the PA turnpike. Nearby chain restaurants make this easy for dinner options. Although its location is near some highways, there was little to no car & truck noise during my stay. Any front desk employee I came in contact with was very nice, professional and went out of their way to make sure my stay was efficient. As a platinum member I did not get a room upgrade, but I won't complain as the hotel did seem sold out. Rooms were very clean and refrigerator & desk space come in handy for a longer stay. Fitness room could use an upgrade with some free weights or a larger body machine, but it was well maintained for what equipment was there (mostly cardio). The breakfast was a disappointment as it was not included in my stay as a Platinum member. Each morning it did not appear the breakfast room was even halfway full. Courtyard Greensburg should reconsider giving some breakfast options for Marriott Elite members. Bistro bar is very small and while the menu is a decent selection, additional sitting room would be beneficial. Overall, a typical Courtyard stay and would choose to stay here again if traveling in the area.

Room Tip: No floor has a 'good view', so it is best to be away from the noisy and frequent elevators a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Matt V
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Matt V,
Thank you for writing a review from your stay at Courtyard Greensburg. Your feedback regarding breakfast is important in our attempts to continue to grow and provide exceptional experiences for our guests and rewards members. We're pleased to know you enjoyed a comfortable stay overall and would return if traveling in the area. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and thank you again for writing.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have stayed at hundreds of hotels over the years, mostly Marriots and Hiltons. I booked this hotel this weekend after staying here before and it was great. This time not so much. First I get to the room I booked a whirlpool room for the girlfriend and I, they put us in a handicapped room. The keys did not work. I went down and they some what fixed this issue telling me I had to pull up on the handle while putting in the card. I wanted to make sure I was not keeping a handicapped person from getting the room, and ask for another which I was told they were overbooked and that is why I was put there. After returning from the store, I witnessed multiple people sitting in the hallway, not something you see at a Marriot. I then heard a load drilling sound and saw that maintenance was drilling out the next rooms lock. This does not surprise me being that mine hardly worked, but again not something you see at a Marriot. We then lay down on the bed which sounded like it was 40 years old the way it squeeked every move you made, again not something I have ever had at a Marriot.Then we heard children screaming and running in the halls. Later I called down to see if they had wine to deliver to the room, which I was told in very bad English that the bar was closed. Every Hilton I have been to and the Marriot in Cranberry and other places have never told me this and have people you can understand at the desk. I had ask for a 1pm checkout and the maid just barges in at 11:30..This is not what I except for $150 a night! If I wanted to see people sitting in the halls, screaming children and a handicapped room with a broken bed, I would have stayed at a one star road side motel. I will not be returning to this hotel anytime soon and will stay at the Windgate from now on.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
jjbbll2013,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. It's unfortunate to hear that we did not provide the exceptional stay you have come to expect from us. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. Your feedback is important to us as we continuously strive to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide a more rewarding stay in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We moved from another hotel to the Marriott, they offered a great rate and an outstanding room for our week long stay in Greensburg. Staff was always pleasant and friendly. We have officially changed our preferred hotel to Marriott after our great experience!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Amanda S,
Thank you for writing a review about your Courtyard Greensburg experience. Our staff strives to enhance every guest experience by providing friendly and hospitable service. We're pleased to be your preferred hotel in Greensburg and look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for writing.

Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 23, 2014

From the time we arrived till the time we got back from shopping this was the relaxing place we were looking for. Checking in was enjoyable as the gentleman had a multitude of one liners that just made us smile and very relaxed. Today is Sunday and breakfast is a $9.95 charge which we thought was unusual however we have not been down yet so we shall see. I just wanted to get this posted to let you know that this place is VERY clean, friendly and quiet. Those are the most important items when we travel. We are Marriott Gold members, however this Marriott treated us better than we have seen in others and I believe that sets them apart and deserving of a 5th star where others would get 4

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Don042053,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your stay with us at Courtyard Greensburg. We appreciate your compliments regarding our clean hotel, friendly service and quiet accommodations. We're glad you enjoyed a relaxing stay and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for writing!

Stephen Burton, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Inn at Mountainview
Inn at Mountainview
#5 of 10 in Greensburg
Hampton Inn & Suites North Huntingdon-Irwin
Hampton Inn & Suites North Hunti...
#1 of 3 in North Huntingdon
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg? Share your experiences!