“Discouraged.”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This time I was very discouraged.
I was there one time before with my husband and we did enjoy ourselves.
This time, we took our 4 year old son. Upon knowing and reading the anemities.... the whirpool was not working. We did not know this until we did go to the pool area. (The heating was not working?) That was one of my main reasons for going with relaxation.
We did not get one in the room because they only offered a king bed in the room and we needed more than one bed.
I also could hear the elevator bell all night long. It was not extremely loud, but i could hear it ... ALL night long. I had such a hard time sleeping. (I didn't hear a lot of noise through the night with people, just doors also.)
It was a long night.
The place was clean and neat, as expected. I was just VERY discouraged that one of my main ways of relaxing was not available (and we had no idea until we arrived in the pool area that evening).
pam

Room Tip: away from elevator... if you plan to use amenities and specific ones, make sure ALL are working. w...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

pamela f,

Thank you for taking a moment and writing about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We’re pleased to have had you and your family stay with us at Courtyard, and glad to hear you found our staff to be friendly and our rooms to be clean. I’d like to personally apologize for the whirlpool being temporarily out of commission during your stay and leaving you with discouraging feelings about our hotel. We hope you and your family will return and you’ll find our whirlpool to be the relaxing retreat you were looking forward to. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Thanks again,

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Great service, comfortable bed, clean room, great service and now they add a lounge in the lobby. It is great that now you can relax and enjoy a refreshment after a hard day. Courtyards are one of my favorite hotels and this one disappoint.

• Stayed: July 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

packmule92,

Thank you for taking a moment and writing about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We’re pleased to receive such great compliments about our facility and staff. I’m glad you enjoyed our new lounge area and found it to be a nice resting area. We appreciate your business and hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at this particular Marriott for three nights recently; had been there once before and personally, highly recommend this hotel. The personnel at the front desk were always friendly, the housekeeping staff did a great job and I found the computers in the Lobby area most useful. Unlike another reviewer, I had no problem of noise. My room was very quiet and I had no difficulty in resting or sleeping. I did make use of the adjacent shopping center which included a Starbuck's, a Radio Shack outlet and a Chili's Restaurant. I will be staying at this Marriott Inn in the future. F.L. , Hayward, CA

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Fred L,
It’s nice to hear from you on TripAdvisor. Thank you for letting us know you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We appreciate you highly recommending our hotel and getting the message out to other travelers that we have a ‘great place to stay’. The nearby shopping center is very nice and offers a variety of shopping venues so I’m glad you were able to find it beneficial during your visit. Please come and stay with us again the next time you’re in Greensburg.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Previous reviewers noted the noise level. We had loud neighbors one night, but we did not notice the noise any more than other hotels. Rooms have a small patio, which is nice, and refrigerators. Also free wi-fi and computers for guest use. No one should hesitate to stay here. Service somewhat spotty, but not enough to keep me from returning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank turneraw
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Exactly what you would expect from a Courtyard. The rooms a spacious and well kept, as is the entire property. They still have the old style Courtyard buffet breakfast, which is fine with me.

Lots of restaurants and shopping are a short drive away.

This was my second stay at this property, and if I find myself back in the area in the future, i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Mw147,
Thank you so much for writing a review. We greatly appreciate your business and are glad you found the hotel to be enjoyable. We hope to see you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Beautiful property. Front desk was very freindly, professional and helpful. Very clean rooms and common areas. Highly recommended. Extremely reasonable pricing to top it off.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

ChgoJohn,
Thank you for your review and recommendatio!  We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Yours truly,

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Pros....this hotel is great. The service is awesome. I loved our stay. My husband, and I did not reserve in advance but felt so accomodated. The 2 girls at the front desk was very nice I must have spent over 30min talking to a lady doloris, she made us feel very welcome. She paid us attention and took care of us while dealing with other guest. The girls in the cafe was great. Because of such a great experience if we are ever intown we will stay at this location again.

Cons.... The lobby was not as cool as it should have been for it being over 80D out side. It was not hot but room temp. For the rate you would think it could have been a powerful AC. There was a bad smell coming from the bathroom and we called down stairs. Doloris changed our room and we was once again happy.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear mcck146,

We’re so excited that your stay at our hotel inspired you to write your first TripAdvisor review! Thanks very much for all the compliments, Doris was touched that you went out of your way to mention her. We’re looking forward to your next visit and hope to see you soon.

All our best,

Michael Simons, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensburg
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites North Huntingdon-Irwin
Hampton Inn & Suites North Hunti...
#1 of 3 in North Huntingdon
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe
Inn at Mountainview
Inn at Mountainview
#6 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg? Share your experiences!