“They did this hotel right.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensburg
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Needing a place to rest before a long drive out of PA, we stopped at this six week old hotel. Amazing. All the finishes, the décor, the staff and service - outstanding. It was nice to sleep on such a tall and firm bed and still smell the newness of the hotel. I would definitely return if I go back to the area.

Room Tip: The hotel is convenient to the PA Turnpike but tucked away enough for minimal road noise
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jazzgal67
Tiffany S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

I'm so delighted we made your accommodation as close to being home as possible! We appreciate your comments, they have actually increased travel to Greensburg PA.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Brand new hotel in Greensburg, PA. Typical HI Express hotel. I frequent Greensburg for business and have stayed at the other well regarded chains in the city. I thought I would give this one a sot as it had just opened a couple of weeks prior to my stay. The location is good as it is very close to retail and restaurant offerings.The hotel is situated up on a hill overlooking US30. You can access the hotel parking lot from the front or rear. Depending on traffic, it may be easier to use the road to the back entrance. There is some construction going on in the shopping center adjacent to the hotel which may make that first entrance a little tricky. There is ample free parking at the hotel. The checkin was standard. I did have to wait a few minutes while the front desk staff was attending to someone who had an issue with his reservation. But otherwise the checkin was smooth. With the hotel being new, it still has that new odor. If you have any sensitivity to odors, you may have a problem. It is a very strong new carpet smell. The rooms are a decent size with good amenities. My room was a standard two bed room. Being new, everything was clean and in excellent working order. Really liked the large HD television in the room. The internet connection worked flawlessly. My only issue was having to enter login credentials each time I logged off the network. Would prefer the typical 24 hours you get with one login from most other hotel chains in the area. The bathroom was clean and the toiletries were very nice. The name of the products escapes me at the moment. But the brand was recognizable and the scents were good. The bed slept very good and the HVAC unit worked well. I did have two gripes with the room. One was layout related and the other was the very thin walls. I was next to someone who snored and I could hear every snort. Very thin walls. Also you don't have a true closet. You have an open area to hang your clothes. Not that it really matters, but I like to have all of my items tucked away in a drawer or closet and not visible. Nothing laying around. I know it makes no sense. But it is a personal preference. I found the breakfast to be very good. The selections were fresh and they had something for everyone. Plenty of hot items as well as cereals, fruit, yogurt, and breads/danishes. And they had chocolate milk! That is rare and a plus in my book! I did not use the gym or indoor pool. But they did look very nice. Unaware if they have a business center.

Overall a very nice place. It's new, not many things you can complain about! I'd stay there again given the opportunity and a little break on the rate. The rate I received fit right between the Hilton and Marriott properties they should be competing with. Maybe at some point they will have some negotiated rates with the major local healthcare provider. No luck this time. I had to use AAA to comply with my corporate travel policy.

Room Tip: A top floor room would be a plus here. The floors and walls are thin. The person above me walked ver...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank rlejr66

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for the response, we will continue the upkeep on our property in order to complete 100% satisfaction for our new, existing, and also returned guest! We sincerely thank you for taking time the time to support us on trip advisor..

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Hotel just opened the end of July. Very nice staff. Breakfast was amazing! Biscuits and gravy, eggs, pancakes... all hot and delicious! Beds and pillows were so comfortable I didn't want to leave. We had a suite - the kitchen sink, microwave, fridge and kitchen cabinets were so helpful when staying with kids. As was the extra dresser!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Brandi K

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for commenting on your stay at our property! We take pride in making sure we offer the best service to all our guest needs!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Wasn't very hard to find, it is right off of US 30 at the west end of the by-pass. Shopping nearby. Restaurants nearby. My Mom and I stayed 2 nights and we had a very nice stay. Breakfast was good and the beds were comfortable. The pool and fitness room looked very nice. When we are in the area again, we will stay there.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave H

Dear Valued Guest:

We really appreciate you allowing our Holiday Inn to accommodate you during your stay in Greensburg. We value your opinion and look forward to you returning to visit in the near future!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed here for a business trip. The hotel is brand new so everything is very clean! The bed was very comfortable. There were a couple problems with my room, but I think it was only due to never being used. The A/C wasn't working properly, but with one call I had two people in my room fixing it. They also brought various snacks and offered to upgrade me instantly, but since the problem was easily fixed I decided to remain where I was. The staff was wonderful and the room was comfortable and as nice if not better than some high end hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank burgher123

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate the time you took out of your busy schedule in order to give our property a wonderful review. Please allow us to accommodate you with more excellence service in the future!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Found this place on Tripadvisor, I wondered why it didn't have any reviews. Soon realized it was a brand new Holiday Inn Express. Of course, everything was practically perfect. Or family happened to be one of the first guests to have the pleasure to stay here. This stay was AWESOME!!!!!
It was very easy to find off of I-70. The Staff, even though it was their first day, was super friendly and very helpful. Our family loved the gorgeous interior design of the entrance, lobby, and breakfast area. We did not have the opportunity to use the indoor pool or fitness area, but both areas were very nicely set up. Speaking of the breakfast area, what didn't they have? There were the cinnamon rolls, but there was so much more. Cereal, milk, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, yogurt, bananas, oranges, apples, orange juice, apple juice, water, coffee, bagels, english muffins, bread, jams & jellies, and mini muffins.
Super comfortable Queen size beds and pillows (2 soft 2 firm). Shower/bathroom was great. I would recommend this place to anyone and would for sure stay here again. One of the best places we have stayed this year!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank sassy46176

Dear valued guest:

We value the fact you took the time to show appreciation on your accomadations with us! We always want our guest to have a sense of being as close to home as possible! Please visit again!!!

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

New property, as in brand new.
Nice location, close to everything, but away from it.

Exceptional desk staff. Really nice property. You wont be sorry.

Food recomendation:
Down the block, small place Black Rok Ale house. Small menu, local place, but excellent food and great staff. Cheap.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Robert C

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to leave positive feedback on our Holiday Inn! We will continue to take pride in making sure we continue to market our property in mint condition along with excellent customer service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg
Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites North Huntingdon-Irwin
Hampton Inn & Suites North Hunti...
#1 of 3 in North Huntingdon
Inn at Mountainview
Inn at Mountainview
#6 of 10 in Greensburg
Knights Inn Greensburg
Knights Inn Greensburg
#8 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensburg? Share your experiences!