“High priced and NOT child friendly”

Vallozzi's Greensburg
Reserve with OpenTable
Vallozzi's Greensburg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 181 Restaurants in Greensburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

OK, so we went here because we had a gift card. Well, the couple we went with had a 7 month old. First, they seated us away from anyone else, next the high chair was dirty and from 1800 then the server was offended that the couple did NOT order food for the 7 month old!!! Really? The food was over priced and not very good. I was then there again for a work dinner (not my choice) the food was no better and just to dang expensive.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a lovely restaurant; my friends and I have dined here before and have usually enjoyed our visit. We meet once a month to play duplicate bridge and have lunch at some local restaurant. Vallozzi's has always been cooperative with setting up tables as we have requested.

Most of our meals seemed to be overpriced as were the beverages--$3 for tea, $2.50 for a soda, $9+ for a glass of wine. I had mac/cheese w/lobster. It was delicious. $14.95 and no side. If I had wanted a salad, it was extra. I believe that most of the other food was generally satisfactory, merely expensive. Kudos to our server Ryan who was excellent.

There was construction in an adjoining room. We were told that the person who had made our reservations had been advised this was happening, but she had an emergency, so the rest of us did not know this. OK, we should have asked to be moved. But by then, we were pretty well settled in.

The restaurant was freezing and we had to repeatedly ask for heat and to have the loud music turned down.

When one of our group went to the ladies' room, she bumped her head on the purse hook. The hook is at waist level and blends in with the door paint making it almost invisible. So when she sat down, she hit her head just missing her eye. She wound up with a large bruise and bump. We asked for ice. When asked if she could file an accident report in case there were any problems later, they claimed to have no such form. Instead they asked for our friend's name and phone number. And GET THIS: She was asked to call THEM tomorrow morning to let them know how she is doing! Not much concern here.

I can't believe that in all of the years that Ernie Vallozzi has been in business, that no one has slipped in the parking lot or fallen down some stairs, or had some other incident that would warrant filling out an accident report. I would be more amazed if his liability insurance didn't require such a form.

The parking is poor; I have yet to find a handicapped space. Come to think of it, I'm not certain the restaurant itself is ADA compliant. It certainly isn't obvious. Maybe I missed the handicapped restroom or the wheelchair ramp. None of the parking is close to the main entrance. Vallozzi's wants you to use valet parking, but it doesn't seem to be available at lunch had you wanted to use it. The bar and a large part of the seating is down some stairs. Maybe there is a ramp entrance and handicapped bathroom down in the bar area, but I didn't see it. But I didn't think to look either.

We have eaten here several times over the years. Once there was a value priced lunch menu which was very good as well as being economical. That menu no longer exists.

Incidentally, I saw one table having lunch, one couple for an early dinner, and a person at a table in the bar area. We were there four hours. I guess we aren't the only folks who think Ernie Vallozzi's is no longer worth the price.

Upon request, Mr. Vallozzi's son came out to speak with us, but somehow an "I'm sorry just doesn't cut it."

We won't be back.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

After driving an hour to get there, my fiance and I were pretty hungry and ready to eat a good meal for our Valentine's Day dinner. We both ordered meals that were over $23 and were still HUNGRY after eating them! The food portions were very small, and tasted OK. I had to add salt to my dinner because there was hardly any taste. The server wasn't very friendly, and her description of the "urban wheat beer" was that it tasted like blue moon. It tasted nothing like blue moon. The menu is way over-priced for what you get. The next time we want a nice meal, we will gladly pay more to stay closer to home and actually be full after eating dinner.

1  Thank Mandi72014
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Ate here in the spring and had horrible service. Decided to try again with friends after Christmas...the food was good, but again the service was horrible!!! We were ordering drinks when I asked if there were any seasonal drinks. The waiter said "ya, our Christmas drinks". I then had to ask what the Christmas drinks were. The waiter rolled his eyes and said they were on a drink menu....which we did not have. Our friend then asked if he could get us the menu. The waiter seemed so put out. When we ordered entrees, they were out of my husband's first two choices. We had a7pm reservation, so it wasn't that we were there really late. The waiter didn't come back to clear plates. Our other friend couldn't stand it anymore. She stacked all the plates and put the aside. When the waiter came back he asked if we were ready for our check. It would have been nice to have been offered dessert. It's not like they needed our table... There were only two other table occupied in our section. Our friend asked for a dessert menu...again the eye roll and acting put out. When we ordered dessert, the waiter was in such a hurry that he didn't even stick around long enough to let my husband order something. By this time, we wanted to leave. The food was decent, but you cannot imagine just how bad the service was. Just to note, we had this same waiter in the spring. We won't be back.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Went for a special night out for an anniversary dinner. Good selection of food but portions were rally small. Service was fine but felt the dinners were overpriced.