“One of the better Italian places in the area”

Giannilli's II Home Style Italian Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #35 of 180 Restaurants in Greensburg
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

This area is full of a ton of great Italian places to eat. I think this one may be one of my favorites. They have very good sauces. I always get the seafood pizza. It is the greatest. I have never been disappointed here.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The owner said the sauce recipe is from his great grandmother. It is one of the best I have had. Have gone back 5 times in the last 2 months while I am visiting in Greensburg, and have enjoyed each meal. Even the atmosphere in the lounge with the sports on tvs all around you is great while munching on a calzone and sipping a cold beer. I also recommend the bruschetta!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had not been here for a while so we stopped on Sunday afternoon for lunch. The "hostess" was a young girl and I hope she was a relative as I would hate to think they would hire someone who clearly could not care less about her job. She never said a word to us - just nodded her head to follow her and she put the menus on the table and left. The place smelled a little musty, a set of the silverware was dirty, and while in the dining room you could see out a glass door to a sidewalk that was full of litter. My husband had the meat ravioli that he liked very much, good salad and the bread is good too. However, upon the recommendation of our waitress, I had the stuffed chicken breast and mashed potatoes. They were real potatoes and they were hot but no taste. The chicken was barely warm, the chicken itself was moist but the stuffing was terrible, too much poultry seasoning, making it taste very artificial. The gravy was very instant, very yellow (like thin lemon pudding) and not good at all. The saving grace of the meal was the chocolate pudding cake - it was delicious.

1  Thank btp-01
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was a recommendation by locals. What a surprise when they mentioned one of the selections on the menu was pierogies in a sauce of butter and onions. Delicious! However, if they could go a little lighter on the butter, it would be even more superb. The other Italian dishes were tasty as well, and all food was served in very generous portions. Nice atmosphere. Definitely recommended!

1  Thank funnyfeet2
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I went here for a wedding and the food was salty and definately not homemade. Five of us took a couple bites and that was enough. The service was slow and I was surprised they were clearing the entire tables before the reception was remotely over. The staff is clearly not trained on handling waiting tables and weddings. It is like bar service thrown into dining service. We all went out for dinner after the reception. The bride and groom got a big room for their money and that is about it.

2  Thank Blogtraveler