“Pierogies at an Italian restaurant! Yummy!”

Giannilli's II Home Style Italian Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #35 of 180 Restaurants in Greensburg
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was a recommendation by locals. What a surprise when they mentioned one of the selections on the menu was pierogies in a sauce of butter and onions. Delicious! However, if they could go a little lighter on the butter, it would be even more superb. The other Italian dishes were tasty as well, and all food was served in very generous portions. Nice atmosphere. Definitely recommended!

1  Thank funnyfeet2

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I went here for a wedding and the food was salty and definately not homemade. Five of us took a couple bites and that was enough. The service was slow and I was surprised they were clearing the entire tables before the reception was remotely over. The staff is clearly not trained on handling waiting tables and weddings. It is like bar service thrown into dining service. We all went out for dinner after the reception. The bride and groom got a big room for their money and that is about it.

2  Thank Blogtraveler
Reviewed June 4, 2012

It was a challenge but the owners have taken a bowling alley and turned it into a little slice of Italy. The decor is charming, and the layout is comfortable and efficient. We chose to avoid the Monday and Tuesday night spaghetti special and visited on a Wednesday. As always the service was quick and efficient. I enjoyed a plate of gnocchi while my wife had her periennial Eggplant Parmigiana. Both were excellent. Of course you have to order a pizza also so there is something to take home. The best pizza in Greensburg!

We have also visited at lunch for the pizza and pasta buffet. It is usually very good and speeds up the time it takes to have a good Italian meal at lunch time.

A very positive experience.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stopped there for lunch. The atmosphere was very Italian. I loved how they had the ceiling painted!
I had the chicken Parmesan sandwich. Yummy! My daughter had the 4 cut pizza which she loved. The service was very quick and efficient.
Overall, a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Weather you go as a couple or get a room for 100 this place is the best. Great food and service with some of the nicest people in town . They always remember us and make it a point to ask how things are going. Very comfortable place to go with friends or a couples night out.