“Good Sushi in western PA”
Review of China King

China King
Ranked #69 of 180 Restaurants in Greensburg
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I became a sushi addict last year while traveling for work. However, when I'm home in western PA (an hour from Pittsburg), good sushi is hard to come by. In fact, sushi of any kind is hard to come by and I go through severe withdrawal. Well not anymore! I decided to scour Tripadvisor for sushi in the area. A Japanese steakhouse came up but reviews were not glowing and when you're in the market for sushi, glowing is what you want. Enter a Tripadvisor suggestion - China King. It is listed as Asian, not as sushi so I overlooked it in my search. I decided it give it a shot. Boy, am I glad I did! I am no longer sushi-less in western PA.

As others had noted the sushi was fresh and super yummy. I ordered a California roll and a spice tuna - they were both great. I ordered take-out and the service was quick. I was told 10 minutes on the phone. When I got there, I was a bit nervous as the parking lot was empty. Usually not a good sign in the restaurant world. But it was a Tuesday night. Maybe it's a secret. But I know it now and I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Have only ever had the Sushi here....it is fresh and always very interesting sushi rolls!! I would highly recommend this place....my friends say the Chinese food is great! Check it out!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have visited many Asian restaurants in the area and have found that food, service, and prices here cannot be beat. I have never been disappointed with anything I have ordered and they people are more than willing to make special dishes. The restaurant is clean and spacious and may lack a bit of "atmosphere" found at other sites but is well worth frequenting.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Like some of the other reviewers, I almost didn't try this place. We too had a favorite place that we visited. Just doesn't look very inviting from the outside. However, based on reviews on trip advisor we thought we would give it a try and were pleasantly surprised. Been there a few times now and food is very consistent. The thing that stands out the most is the freshness and quality if the food. Could have a little more heat in some of the spicy dishes but delicious nevertheless! Please try the Japanese ice cream for dessert. Never had anything like that and I loved it. Owners work very hard to please you and are very nice.

2  Thank billybob516
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My family contacted by phone and placed an order. It was filled quickly. Food was fresh and hot when we arrived home. While there we were given a free salad and also a calander and was thanked many times for our order. It was so refreshing to have someone so happy to provide us with a service. I will forever frequent this place!

2  Thank Melanie J