“Blood Stained”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Denver, North Carolina
“Blood Stained”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in August 2013. I arrived late at night after a 7 hour drive. The night clerk at the front desk was not the most friendly but I didn't mind at that point because I was ready to sleep. I was traveling with an 8 year old child. The elevator was not "fresh and clean" smelling. It was old and worn but I didn't expect the Ritz because of the low price for the area. As soon as I opened the door to the room, I could tell the door hadn't been opened in quite some time. The room was stale and musty. A quick overview of the room confirmed that you definitely get what you pay for. Old television, warn and not-clean carpet, dust bunnies everywhere. It all went downhill when I pulled the covers back on the bed. There was a blood stain about the size of a quarter on the pillow. No, not on the pillowcase...on the ACTUAL pillow! I threw the pillow to the side and then notices the blood stains on the white comforter. I told my son to sleep in the other bed and I would call the front desk. Yes, there was blood on the sheet of the second bed! I was tired and ready to cry because I was disgusted. I called the front desk and the clerk arrived right away with new linen. When he saw the bloodstains on the covers, he cowered up his face and told me not to touch the covers. He balled them up into each other and left. The new comforter (also white) was dingy and thin and needed to be turned in to scarp cloth! I just needed to sleep. We woke in the morning and I went downstairs to speak with the manager. I had already packed up all of our belongings from the room. I asked her if she could switch our room. She asked me why I needed to switch rooms because she knew that we already had our linens changed. I told her that if the cleaning service missed all of that blood, who knows what else they missed in that room. I asked her if my request was unreasonable. She told me it wasn't unreasonable but since I needed a pet-free room (due to allergies) she wasn't sure what she could find. I told her that I had packed my stuff and we would be back later this evening. I said if she couldn't find a room for me, then I would need a refund and to speak with someone in their corporate office. Of course, she "found" a room for me that would be ready later that day. I arrived late that night and the room was cleaner but definitely just as stale and more worn. The television didn't work and at that point I was not in the mood to complain again. Maybe my standards are too high? Just because I pay a lower price for a room does not mean I deserve nasty accommodations. Maybe pet owners give positive reviews because there aren't many hotels that accept pets. I wouldn't stay here again with or without an animal. Avoid!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I were in town to attend the wedding of friends in Irwin. We stayed at the Inn at Mountainview for one night only. The front desk attendant was friendly and welcoming. The room itself was gigantic and the bed was very comfortable. The room showed a little bit of wear with some cracks showing in the caulking around the sink and the shower. The sink itself was a stand-alone unit, which meant that there wasn't a counter to spread out bathroom supplies on. There was one outside the bathroom, but it was kind of out of the way for the purpose. Besides, the vanity mirror behind that shelf was way too low to be of any use (other than, perhaps to button your last two shirt buttons). The biggest reason for the "average" review was the odor of the room itself. It was halfway between musty, old, and urine-in-the-corner. It wasn't overpowering, by any means, but I'm one of those people who likes to go into a hotel room that sparkles with bright fabrics that shouts "clean". Between the mild odor and the very stained carpet (it looked like our room had not been renovated in some time), I did not get the "super clean" feeling that I'm going for. Breakfast in the morning was above average. Hot entrees including eggs, pancakes, and sausage gravy were well-stocked.

If the rate made sense (which it did for our overnight), and I was in town for a similar event, I'd probably stay here again.

Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We knew of this location because my wife and I originally honeymooned at the original Mountain View Inn. Although it is a different type of hotel now, we found this to be a very impressive new hotel that is pet friendly with a pet walking area on the third floor (next time). We were pleased with our room (2 Queen Beds) and the great staff, breakfast, price and view. We would definitely recommend this, especially since it also is close to the Laurel Highlands. We will be back!!!

Room Tip: The third floor is the pet friendly floor.
Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Huge comfortable rooms with good quality furnishing. Breakfast was superior. Plus they allow pets! The only negative thing we found: the small and very outdated TV. Also, the TV went on the fritz when the AC was on. **If you are a Choice Privledges member, take note.** We priced other hotels in the area and they were much more expensive. USE CHOICE HOTELS website or phone for reservation. We made a reservation online (priceline.com) and afterward found out that we missed out on a senior discount and points towards a free stay. That was a bit disappointing but it wasn't the hotel's fault.

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The air conditioner was not working. After two days of reporting I continued mto be told that it was referred to maintenance. No help or change of room was given. When picking up dog toys, I found that behind the dresser was lots of lint and someone's dirty underwear! The TV worked sometimes with lots of static also. Breakfast was not spectacular...the scrambled eggs were tasteless. High price for minimal service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AnneHors915

Travelers are raving about these Greensburg hotels

Anoka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I both loved this place. It was very clean. Super comfy and had a great hot breakfast. It was quiet and roomy. There are beautiful sitting areas on porches with great views. But make sure you ask for directions to use on your GPS because the address will not get you there by GPS. This place is a hidden Gem!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
check
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Nice room, clean. helpful staff.
Very comfy bed, new mattress i believe.
Only thing missing was a indoor pool.
I did not use the restaurant, I rarely eat breakfast in a hotel that has free breakfast when on vacation, I love to find small restaurants that are local and have great food. The staff sent me to a nice place for homemade food.

I am just about old enough to remember when hotels use to be like this all the time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe
Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensburg
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe

Been to Inn at Mountainview? Share your experiences!