“Good Overall Experience for the Price”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Greensburg

Super 8 Greensburg
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Pennsylvania
“Good Overall Experience for the Price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

Front desk was very accomodating. I requested as private as a room as possible - one reason is my 4 year old undoubtably would have trouble sleeping due to excitement, etc. I thought the lobby was nice and even got juice and coffee (and dry cerea for my daughter) a couple times other than breakfast time. Continental breakfast items seemed fresh - bagels and danishes and cereal. The coffee was fresh even at night. Extra towels were not a problem. The young man who was at check in was very through in explaining breakdown of charges and how to sign up for rewards. We are fairly inexperienced with various hotels as we only go away once a year or so. I am leerly of trying most smaller motels as twice now I have had to cancel upon viewing the room ( too bright to sleep, horrible beds, etc). I think I am going to stick to the chain places. I would have been happier to have a pool indoor preferred and also a refrigerator. I believe you had to get a suite to get a fridge, but we had coolers and just visited the ice machine frequently. The beds were comy and the the room was a decent size and clean for the most part. We found one cobweb on the wall but that is east enough to miss. I would suggest this for business or pleasure, families or singles. We went to Idlewild amusement park and they had a nice package and it was less than 20 miles from the park with a mall and several restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2008

Just needed to stay here on the way westward... kinda confusing to get to from Route 30. Otherwise, nice place.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — tough to get there
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2007

Outside Greensburg itself, the motel sits on top of a hill affording views of the surrounding area; Westmoreland shopping mall directly opposite across Route 30.

The two-story building has internal corridors; quieter rooms lie on the upper floor facing away from the parking lot and at the Sheraton Drive end. It occupies a surprisingly pleasant position above and away from the Route 30 highway traffic. The breakfast was nothing special and available in a cramped area of the lobby.

Check a road map of the immediate location before you arrive, or use GPS navigation. Looping up and down the hill, Sheraton Drive is not well indicated and thus easy to miss. If you take a wrong turn you can find yourself at the Westmoreland Mall across the highway from the motel.

• Liked — Location on top of a hill and away from traffic
  • Disliked — Cramped breakfast area
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Chelydra
NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2007

Extremely rude staff. I was told they did not offer early check ins but when i showed up early, I was yelled at for not requesting an early check in, then given a room.

The room was disgusting, but I didn't expect much for $60 a night

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Greensburg hotels

Clarksburg, WV
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2007

The desk clerk was very rude upon checking in. When we arrived to our room, I noticed there were large suitcases in the room as soon as I opened the door. I quickly shut the door, and went back down the the lobby. The desk clerk then argued with me, saying it was impossible for stuff to be in the room. The other people had checked out. He then sent the houskeeper up to check the room. The housekeeper confirmed that belongings were left in the room. The clerk told him to remove the stuff. Three trips, two garbage bags, two suitcases, a duffel bag, and a breathing machine later, we were told the room was ready. I asked if the other peoples key would work when the returned to what they thought was their room. The desk clerk said no, they would not be back, they checked out. And left all their stuff? We asked for another room, but their were none avaialable. Low and behold, at 11:00 p.m. that night, our door opened, but was stopped by the latch. The people outside then started beating on the door and screaming there is someone in there. My 4 year old started crying. My boyfriend went to the door, being as how these people weren't going away. He explained what had happened. The people were not happy. They went down stairs, where you could hear them yelling at the desk clerk from the second floor. I guess those people went without a room for the night. I complained to the desk clerk while checking out in the morning. She acutually laughed. I called the corporate number and filed a complaint. I have recieved no response.

• Disliked — rude desk clerk, unprofessional
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank anijolgow
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2005

We took our grandchildren to Idlewild and decided to stay at the Super8.
where we have stayed for the last 2 years when we go there.Big Mistake!
The staff was the rudest people I have ever seen. The glares we got when passing by the lobby were awful. I would not recommend staying here with children. Never Again will we stay here.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
west virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2005

The rooms were very nice and clean however
We paid for 3 rooms for 2 nights when we arrived back to the hotel on the second night our key cards for two of the rooms would not work they said they thought we were only there for one night .We called down to the lobby to request a cot and thebrought it up to us then he calls up and says oh buy the way that will be an extra ten dollars the next morning a female employee in formed us that there is no charge for the cot. The male desk clerk was very rude and impolite I'm not sure if it was because we were traveling with small
children and their not welcome at this place or what

Stayed July 2005