“Great Hotel,Good Price,Clean”
Review of Super 8 Greensburg

Super 8 Greensburg
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We have been coming to this Super 8 to stay for Steeler Training Camp for 6 years, Its not the Ritz but for a low cost room you can beat it. Very Clean . Nice and courteous staff. The maid actually clean the room in some hotels when have been in lately they just make the bed and give you towels. The offer a nice breakfast of bagels,danish,cereal,oatmeal,juice and coffee.They only complaint i had was the bed was too hard and not placed on the frame well i almost cut open my leg on the metal frame but that's it. We will continued to stay at this hotel when we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lindsey3175

Reviewed October 18, 2010

Save your money! If all hotels are booked in the area and this is the only place to stay, I strongly recommend sleeping in your car. My family and I were booked at Four Points Sheraton next door. Plumbing problems occurred and we were bumped from the hotel. The Four Points offered to give us a free room at the Super 8 for the night because of the inconvenience. During our Check in process at this Super 8 the staff was rude and unhelpful. Upon entering the room we wanted to gage from the smoke smell in our non-smoking room. Plus, the window didn’t lock and it was a first floor room. The Wyndham Hotel Group should pull all franchising rights from the owners of the hotel. After 5 min in the room, we decided to leave and find other hotel accommodations down the street.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2010

No room service after 11:00 am if do not disturb sign left on till then.
Internet not working.
Uncomfortable bed.
Thin walls can hear everything.
Breakfast is lame.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank billzman
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We stayed here for one night on our way from California to NYC (which we reached the next day).
This town doesn't offer much....it was just a sleepover-stay for us. There's a bunch of Hotels around. And we checked most of them. The ones with good feedback were just insanely overpriced (150$ up .... before adding the taxes). I mean, it's Greensburg PA...should be cheaper...really.
So we didn't wanna spent that much money and we checked in here...but it took me a while to make up my mind, because honestly, this Super 8 has seen better days. But for one night...well, okay.
Check-In took long. Maybe 15-20 minutes. The older man behind the desk just couldn't do it faster, but I don't blame him. He could have been friendlier though (the other desk guy the next morning was a lot nicer).
The "Lobby" quite reeked of smoked an had other funny odors. For safety reasons (I did NOT feel safe here) we chose an upstairs room. Coming with loads of luggage I didn't realize until we booked the room, that there is no elevator. Well, that was a free work-out for me, carrying the luggage up and down.
The rooms were just clean enough and very very basic. It's just an old place on the way down. Maybe it's run by a family...I don't know. I understand it's hard to survive with an older Motel like this, but still, there HAVE to be improvements made!! The only plus this place gets compared to others is the price. It's just half what others charge in this town.

But still, next time I will spend the 150$ and up and I will stay somwhere else. I didn't have a really good sleep... it just didn't do it for me. And the location could be right from any cheap Horror-Flick.

I will NOT stay here again.

Wanna know more about my trips? Click on my profile or visit:
route66traveler.jimdo.com

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bandit-One
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Didn't have a great first impression because I waited about 15 minutes to check in while the front desk person ready the newspaper at one of the tables in the breakfast area. Thought he was another hotel guest until he finally got up to help me. But the room ended up being better than expected so we were happy. The carpet looked brand new and the room was fresh and clean. The bed comfort was ok but the pillows were very flat. This hotel is confusing to get to because of the setup of route 30 and the traffic patterns around the area - not really the hotel's fault though. The breakfast was very lacking, I wasn't even tempted to touch any of it. If I was back in the area there is a good chance I would stay at this hotel again though.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Front desk was very accomodating. I requested as private as a room as possible - one reason is my 4 year old undoubtably would have trouble sleeping due to excitement, etc. I thought the lobby was nice and even got juice and coffee (and dry cerea for my daughter) a couple times other than breakfast time. Continental breakfast items seemed fresh - bagels and danishes and cereal. The coffee was fresh even at night. Extra towels were not a problem. The young man who was at check in was very through in explaining breakdown of charges and how to sign up for rewards. We are fairly inexperienced with various hotels as we only go away once a year or so. I am leerly of trying most smaller motels as twice now I have had to cancel upon viewing the room ( too bright to sleep, horrible beds, etc). I think I am going to stick to the chain places. I would have been happier to have a pool indoor preferred and also a refrigerator. I believe you had to get a suite to get a fridge, but we had coolers and just visited the ice machine frequently. The beds were comy and the the room was a decent size and clean for the most part. We found one cobweb on the wall but that is east enough to miss. I would suggest this for business or pleasure, families or singles. We went to Idlewild amusement park and they had a nice package and it was less than 20 miles from the park with a mall and several restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2008

Just needed to stay here on the way westward... kinda confusing to get to from Route 30. Otherwise, nice place.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo