“Fun, reasonably priced and delicious”
Review of Robokyo

Robokyo
Ranked #91 of 179 Restaurants in Greensburg
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I eat lunch here at least once a month...noticed lunch prices increased substantially from $9.99 value. Although, you sre served soup or salad, appetizer and main course with rice and veggies.

Chefs do a great job--I try to tip them although many parties do not, which I think is inconsiderate.

Outside patio lovely in summer although a limited snack menu.

I read some previous reviews about their credit card machines failing. That us a nightmare for an restaurant . It's happened to me and I, understandably, went to an ATM to pay my bill. What else can they do?

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went for my sisters birthday. The teenagers all loved it for the fun of it being cooked in front of you and you get a lot of food. Pretty expensive at about $20 a head but a fun place for occasions.

1  Thank DoBeyondToday
Reviewed August 29, 2012

About 3 months ago we visited this restaurant. We sort of stumbled upon it but were very pleasantly surprised! The food was fresh delicious and our chef very skilled. The atmosphere very nice with darker intimate colors. Prices were very reasonable and despite no reservations we were seated fairly quickly.

1  Thank 151Amy980
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We went here for a girls night out, the food was good and portions big. One lady had food allergies and chef was very accommodating. Not as good as a show as benni Hanna's but entertaining none the less

1  Thank Helen H
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Attended a birthday dinner last night at Robokyo. We were a party of 20 and the reservations had been made WEEKS in advance. When we all arrived within 5 minutes of each other and were standing, overcrowded in the hallway (blocking servers, ther patrons, etc. - not intentionally - there were just that many of us), we were shocked that they did not seat us immediately. Instead, we were ignored for a half an hour and left to stand there milling around and uncomfortable while our "table was being prepared." Now, I have worked in the restrauant industry (albeit briefly), and this was appalling to me. With a party that large (which they are MORE than happy to accommodate conisdering the revenue generated and gratuity included), typically the table is readied well in advance. When we tried to approach the manager (Maria) to ask her what the issue was, she actually avoided us, turning on her heels and going the other direction. This should have been a sign of things to come.

Nearly 40 minutes later, we were seated and ready to order. Thankfully, our waitress was wonderful - she handled the large party like a pro. Dinner was fine - though I am never impressed with the chefs or the sushi (see above). This place ranks the lowest in terms of Japanese Steakhouses I've been to. However, the low quality would not have prompted me to write a review - as that was something I have come to expect from this place. What prompted me to write a review was what happened AFTER we finished eating and were getting ready to pay the check.

Apparently, about halfway into our meal, the internet went down and the restaurant was unable to process credit cards. Instead of giving us a head's up about this issue, we were told only AFTER we were presented with our checks and handed our cards to the waitress. We were told that we would have to use cash or a check. Well, our bill was over $100, and we do not carry cash in that amount. I asked the waitress, "you expect me to leave, go to the ATM, and return with cash, and perhaps pay an extra 2 or 3 dollar service charge? You have no other option here?" The answer from her was "Well this issue affects all restaurants around here, so if you were eating somewhere else you would have to do the same thing." Missing my point entirely, but ok.

Waitress goes upstairs after I ask for another solution, returning ten minutes later asking for my credit card and a licnese for her to photo copy. She said that the manager was going to copy my information and call me before she ran the card when the system was back up. I asked, "How will she know where to call, my phone number is not on either of these cards." Goes back upstairs. Returns ten minutes later, instructing us to write down our phone number on the photo copy. I had asked to speak to the manager directly prior to her running upstairs to ask the question about contacting us, and when the waitress returned, I was surprised not to see the manager in tow. I asked where the Manager was and reiterated that I wanted to speak to her - or at least see her in person before I handed off my personal information to be copied on the assurance that she would "tear it up" later.

I was told that the manager, Maria, was "too busy" to come and talk to us because she was dealing with the internet issue. I asked if there was an assistant manager or anyone else around and was told that no one could come speak to us because they were dealing with the internet. I'm sorry. You want me to provide my license and credit card to be taken to a room where I cannot see what you do with it (note that the credit card machine and place to input the food orders is centrally located in the dining room and easily viewed by all tables), have it photo copied, and expect me to be fine with it?

At this point, we had been there for almost an hour after wrapping up dinner. I finally gave up, dejected, gave the waitress my cards, wrote my number on the photocopy with instructions to please call me before running the card. I have yet to receive a phone call, but I also do not see the charge on my bank card.

I am honestly appalled and insulted at the customer service at Robokyo. In that situation, there is frankly, no excuse not to make a formal, face-to-face apology (because, contrary to the position taken by the waitress that this was not "their fault" - in the service industry, when things out of your control happen, it is ALWAYS your fault) and assurance that my personal information would be secured. Instead, we got the run-around about how our information would be handled, with the process changing every time the waitress came down from upstairs (where the waitress would have me believe that the manager was repairing the fiber optic cables). There is absolutely no excuse for that behavior.

At least at Robokyo, customer service is dead. I will not be returning to that place, neither will the 19 others who were with me. I will stick with Peking Garden down the road - they have far better food and far better customer service. I have been to Robokyo several times and have always been struck by the steep prices relative to the average quality sushi (the shrimp tempura in the rolls is consistently cold and hard, as if it's been sitting around in a fridge for days, yuck). Pass.

3  Thank sarah b