“Excellent Turkish food”
Review of Anatolia

Anatolia
Ranked #6 of 178 Restaurants in Greensburg
Reviewed December 5, 2017

I would rate the taste 5 star here. All the dishes were excellent (mixed grill, chicken sautee, lamb sautee, humus, babaganoush, and haydari).

Date of visit: December 2017
Write a reviewReviews (67)

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I found this quaint restaurant in August, the server was very friendly and knowledgeable. The food is delicious. We’ve been back several times and tried so many different items. Everything is wonderful!
We surprised my mother-in -law for her 70th birthday and had a birthday celebration there. They were very helpful and accommodating. Once a month they have a band and entertaining belly dancers...we love it here!
This place is a must try!
Favorites: Mixed Grill dinner & Appetizer is Haydari

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed October 24, 2017

Finally. FINALLY. A Middle Eastern place! And they're pretty wonderful. If memory serves the same family who owns Pizza Siena next door also owns Anatolia. I am so very happy to have a Middle Eastern restaurant close to this area, so that I don't have to resort to either making my own or trekking into Pittsburgh every once in a great while to indulge.

The decor is comfortable, with benches and throw pillows throughout, made to invite you to sit, be comfortable, and linger awhile. And we usually do. But you still absolutely get the "mom and pop" vibe to the restaurant, which I love.

The menu is extensive and comprehensive. I honestly would recommend just about anything on there. Now keep in mind, my husband and I are the adventurous sort and will pick things that we've never had before precisely because we've never had it and we want to try new things. But having said that, there is little that would be threatening to the more picky or timid than us. And, we have experience with Middle Eastern/Mediterranean food. There are many appetizers that otherwise would just be finger food to sit and chat and eat with, which is by the way a lovely way to spend an evening. I've gone so far as to order a bunch to take home, especially when the cravings for baba, grape leaves and hummus strikes.

The staff are friendly, chatty, and are more than happy to explain dishes and try to find parallels with foods you may be more familiar with. They are also wonderful for suggesting new dishes that sometimes get overlooked, but are spectacular. I seriously can't pick out a particular favorite.

But please do try new things, or if you're familiar, you'll be having trouble narrowing down what you want to eat for that trip. Bring your friends and have a lovely evening. And did I mention the Turkish coffee? Yes. It's the real deal. And fantastic.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

The surprise is to find this gem in Greensburg. We live in a large city about 5 hours from here. Anatolia compares very well with Turkish restaurants ( majority of restaurants) even in NYC. For the first visit, went for standards: lamb kebab, azme, babaghanouj and hummus. Everything was excellent. Service was very goo as well.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank js778811
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I along with two friends were visiting Greensburg to attend a concert at the Palace Theater, when we read about Anatolia. Having dined at many restaurants serving international cuisine, we had not partaken of Turkish cuisine. This was a great opportunity for the four of us to do do

When we entered the restaurant, located in a non descript shopping center about 1/2 mile from the theater, the owner asked if we had ever eaten Turkish food. When we said no, she took us on a culinary tour and explained each of the dishes which were prominently displayed. We had downloaded a menu prior to our visit, so we knew what we wanted to order, but seeing the food clinched our selections.

Each of us had different dishes and each was prepared and served in Turkish dishes. The food was plentiful and tasty. Although we live about 90 minutes from Greensburg, should our travels take us back, we will be certain to visit this wonderful and unique restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2017