“Definitely "Home Away From Home"”

Hampton Inn Greensburg
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
“Definitely "Home Away From Home"”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

This is a review long overdue. I have stayed quite frequently at the Hampton in Greensburg for over 5 years. I first stayed when my mother was suddenly hospitalized in a nearby facility. My first interaction was with Amy Felgar, who is now the Assistant General Manager, a promotion well-deserved. Amy took excellent care of me, making sure that I had a quiet room because of the long hours I was keeping. I soon met the General Manager, Eric Kubas. I was very impressed with Eric, as I have a background in Customer Service Training. Eric always made sure that his staff was well-trained, friendly, efficient, and professional. When you visit the Hampton in Greensburg, it is obvious that everyone enjoys working there. My compliments to an extraordinary Management Team.

The rooms are always clean, the beds are very comfortable, and it is reassuring to walk in the room and see the white beds that are always spotless. The room has a refrigerator and a microwave which is very convenient. They have also upgraded to great flat-screen tvs. I also like the workout room.

Breakfasts are excellent and have been upgraded to a full breakfast. On Sunday, I had a spanish omelette and roasted potatoes. My niece had a make-your own waffle that she raved about. They also have all the regular fare including fresh fruit and yogurt.

There are hotels that are more convenient for me to stay at when I visit my family in PA from my home in California, but I always come back to the Hampton, where Eric Kubas and staff have made me feel like family and I always know I will have a clean and comfortable room.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I was pleased with our stay at this hotel because all of the employees were friendly and helpful. My thanks to a couple of helpful and delightful young ladies named Mikaela and Valerie. Check out was at 11:00 am but due to a problem with our scheduling, they allowed us to check out at 13:00 and did not charge us extra. Big TV, nice pool but a little chilly, free business center, complimentary breakfast, and decent gym. Spunkmeyer cookies after 18:00. Lobby coffee available all day.
A short walk from hotel, you can find a Subway restaurant, Dino's Sports Bar and a Gander Mountain.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Mays Landing, New Jersey
Reviewed February 22, 2010

we had a great time at our hotel,the staff went above and beyond the call of duty we will use this hotel again when we go out in the area again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Lock Haven, PA
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I stayed at the Hampton Inn so I could attend a concert at the Palace Theatre in Greensburg that evening. I arrived at the hotel around 1 PM, knowing my room would probably not be ready until 3 but the desk clerk said that even thought the King rooms were not ready (which is what I requested), she could get me into a room with Double Queen beds. That was fine with me. I had just traveled 3 hours through crummy snowy weather and wanted to rest up. The front desk staff proved quite helpful with directions for someplace to eat (there is nowhere nearby) and how to get to the theatre.

The room was gorgeous with a very comfortable bed. My only disappointment was the breakfast fare, mainly because I was hungry for a make-your-own-waffle, which they didn't have. But there was a steam table with potatoes and scrambled eggs, cereal, all kinds of breads and bagels, OJ, fresh fruit, etc. And the coffee was delicious.

I would recommend this hotel for any traveler and would stay here again. The only thing they could have done to make my stay better would have been to scrape the ice from my car windows the next morning when it was 1 degree above zero.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank redhen17745
North Port, Fl
Reviewed December 18, 2009

During one of my work trip on Aug 31, 2009, I had the misfortune of booking and staying at the Hampton Inn, 1000 Towne Square Dr, Greensburg PA, 15601.

I checked in at about 10 p.m and after settling in from a verying tiring and long day I went to bed at about 11:30 p.m. I had two beds in my room. I layed on one of the beds for about 15 minutes and then my skin started itching. The itching continued for about 15 more minutes. I then got up and went over to the other bed and the itch subsided somewhat but the itch was still there. I tried calling the front desk and apparantly the night workers were asleep as the phone kept ringing without an answer.

Unfortunately, I sat up in the bed the entire night without sleeping and was still trying to get the front desk. Still no response.

When I happily checked out the morning I informed the front desk rep of my ordeal and that they possibly had mites in the bed all she said was "Sorry, I'll check into it".

Cheryl Nicholas

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank nikkicher
columbus, ohio
Reviewed July 21, 2009

e stayed at the Hampton Inn Greensburg instead of any of the hotels in New Stanton. Last year, we stayed at one of the hotels in New Stanton and it was a nightmare. So, we drove a little farther north to try the Hampton Inn. Well, here is my review:

Hotel exterior: perfect
Hotel Interior: gorgeous
Front Desk Check-in Proceedure and personnel: flawless and friendly
Cleaniness of Hotel Hallways and Common Areas: spotless
Cleaniness of our Room and Bathroom: You could have eaten off the floor
Comfort of Bed: One of the best i've experienced
Continental Breakfast: Hot food and cold food perfect, very comfortable
In_Room Amentities: flat screen HD TV, microwave, big fridge, WIFI, ect....amazing
Outdoor Pool and Putting Green: fun and clean

Look at the photos I took.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank jbrk
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Had an overnight stay at the Hampton Inn in Greensburg, PA. The hotel is very nice and clean and the staff could not have been more courteous. Would definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for a hotel in the Greensburg. area

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensburg
Hampton Inn & Suites North Huntingdon-Irwin
Hampton Inn & Suites North Hunti...
#1 of 3 in North Huntingdon
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe

Been to Hampton Inn Greensburg? Share your experiences!