“A Good Experience”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was there for one night last month with family and we had 3 rooms and everything was fine. The room seemed clean, it was a great location for where we needed to be, and there was a nice breakfast included in a dining area right off the lobby. Some areas are showing a little age, but nothing to complain about.
One small problem was that they charged each room $1.50 for a room safe that we did not need or use. Once we complained about the charge they quickly took it off, but it should not have been there to begin with!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank brooke d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
buffalo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Have to utilize an internet tool for my work travels. Having to travel to the small town of Greensburg, PA I chose to stay at the Comfort Inn on Rte. 30 East. There are many restaurants and shopping in the area.

The hotel is a very nice, fresh looking hotel. Upon entry, the lobby area is appealing and fresh smelling. The room was extremely clean. The lighting in the bathroom could have been brighter but I was only there for one evening. The continental breakfast is typical. My top service award would go to Jennifer the morning reception person. I was in need of a band aid and she was there to help me and even helped me to figure out the rash on my arm.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
phila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Only stayed at the property for one night; check in was efficient and the facility appeared clean and well taken care of. Except for the noisy wobbly wheel on the luggage cart. The room was clean, without odor or concern. Perhaps the most surprising part of the stay was the morning breakfast. The young lady handling the food was prompt and very attentive. The front desk clerk was also paying close attention to the breakfast area, cleaning up and repetitively apologizing if there was a mess. As far as value for the $$... eh - maybe. For what I have paid elsewhere there have been more amenities, but I guess you pay a little extra for the knowledge that you won't be grossed out. I'll stay again for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
shelocta pa.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is at least the 7th or 8th time we have stayed here. Excellent customer service this time from the gentlemen who checked us in to the lovely lady who checked us out today. 02/24/13 Room was clean, quiet and very relaxing. We will be back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VanHorn2
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is not your ordinary hotel. My room was clean and comfortable, the complimentary breakfast consisted of a nice variety of foods, but the staff is what makes this hotel so exceptional. They are friendly and caring -- and their service goes above and beyond.... My car broke down on the PA turnpike and was towed to Greensburg. I was completely stressed out. It had been a long drive already, it was cold and snowy, I had my 93-year-old mother (who is not very mobile and very hard of hearing) with me, and getting her into a tow truck and then settled into a hotel room was difficult, to say the least. Lucky for me that my daughter (back home in Virginia) selected this hotel from an Internet search. Monica was on duty when we arrived, gave us a very convenient room on the ground floor and suggested a restaurant that delivered food quickly and was actually very tasty. Dick came on duty later and was so eager to help in any way possible, giving us muffins, milk and juice in case mom got hungry... which of course she did. Jennifer was at the front desk in the morning, and she was so kind to keep an eye on my mom (who also has dementia), while she sat on the lobby couch while I made my way back to the garage to get items out of my broken car. Jennifer also tended to a bruise my mother had and even contacted a medical transport service, in case that became necessary to get us to our destination. (We had not had luck finding a rental car.) In the end, we met Suzie (the hotel owner) and her husband, who volunteered to drive us 40some miles to meet cousins who picked us up-- and they were genuinely happy to do this!! These were among the kindest people I've ever met, and they did all these thoughtful, nice things for two people they had just met and would probably never see again.... but if I am ever anywhere near Greensburg and need a place to stay, there's nowhere else I'd consider staying. My room at the Comfort Inn was comfy, clean and quiet, and the staff makes sure you are treated as though you are part of their family. Thank you so much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveler5928
Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had booked 2 nights at this motel last weekend (Fri. and Sat.) though Hot Wire. I had an emergency concerning a family Friday night. When I went to check out Saturday morning I told Jennifer that I wouldn't be staying Saturday night due to a family emergency. I thought that I would lose my money due to Hot Wire restrictions. Jennifer was so kind and helpful. She refunded most of my money and told me to contact Hot Wire who would take care of the rest. She was so kind and helpful. The motel was very clean. It had an indoor pool which my granddaughter loved.
Breakfast was very good. Thank you again! Jennifer, your boss needs to give you a raise!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
High Point, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

If you like stink bugs in your room, this is the place for you. There were 7 in our room and then we requested a move (my daughter was screaming as they were flying through the room). We were told they have a big problem with these bugs but that they were not as bad on the other side of the hall. Well, that side was directly beside the highway. I did not sleep. The beds were also horribly squeaky and my husband had to fix the toilet. We were scheduled to stay three nights but checked out after one. My advice -Just DON'T.

Room Tip: We left to go to the Wingate in Latrobe. Stay there- much nicer!