“Old Comfort Inn in need of refurbishing.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Clerk was superm. Room was somewhat worn. The airconditioner worked but the controls were o worn you couldn't tell which button was which. The bathroom had mold around the tub. I would probably look else where if I were to pass through again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thed3

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed one night in a 1st floor room w/ double queen beds. I liked that the whole hotel was smoke free. For once, I actually walked into my nonsmoking room & didn't detect any hint of smoke. It was much bigger than the Pittsburgh Comfort Inn I stayed in the night before. The beds were big & comfy. I had no issues with the pillows, although I'd rather have a couple big ones than a bunch of small ones. The room & microwave/fridge were clean but mold around the bathtub was a turn off & even grosser was the fact that it was very slow to drain. I can tolerate black feet (at least I can wear socks or shoes) but standing in dirty bath water is a deal breaker. Breakfast had a nice selection of food. The walls are thin- I could hear a baby crying across hall but I didn't hear pool noises at the other end of the hall. The pool was small but since my family was the only one using it at the time, it was fine. We didn't use the fitness room, but they did have 3 or 4 machines. It is close to shopping & restaurants, and at one hundred twenty dollars for a June Saturday night (which I thought was high), it was the best price in the area for all the amenities. I didn't have my laptop and the hotel didn't have a public computer - a major inconvenience. Even the staff admitted they needed a PC for guests.

Room Tip: There is a road behind the hotel that leads to the traffic light so you can turn left on Rt 30, whic...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Reading a few of the other reviews confirmed I was not the only one that experienced the same problem. I had to cancel a reservation and was then charged in full for the room a few days later.

Turns out, the staff member I directly dealt with and the manager both could not determine what the cancellation policy was, but still decided to charge me. I had phone records from At&T proving my date and time of the cancellation call yet they still claimed I was lying and never called in time. I caught each of them in lies multiple times and pointed out these lies, but they just regained themselves with another lie. I dealt directly with corporate and they apologized profusely for the managers ineptness and lying. The staff of this hotel are unprofessional and do not even know their own regulations and rules, yet hold guests to rules they make up as they go. We had another death in our family recently and my family members made a willing choice to not stay at this hotel. This hotel has low standards in their staff and management.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stay for 2 nights during an weekend trip to Idlewild Park. Decent deal for 2 tickets and room for the night. Plenty of parking. Room was a basic 2 queen bed room nothing special. Was surprised to see an actual LCD tv, figured it would have been a old tube tv. Fridge was really big and really kept things cold (maybe a little too cold) and microwave was average but worked. Also had a safe, but charged $1.50 a day for using it. Our baby was playing with it and they did remove the charges for us. Front desk people were all nice, but not over the top. Still they met our every request. Breakfast was GREAT!!! I was surprised at how many options there were and it was actually good food. Pool and fitness room was small but still did what you wanted. Would have been nice if hotel members monitored the kids in the pool. We stayed during some baseball tournament and kids where unattended everywhere and causing ruckus. Had some flaws, carpets need redone and kept up better, very stained throughout the whole property and felt grimy when walked on with bare feet. Walls were thin, we stayed on the second floor and whenever the people above us would walk we heard every step also heard the before amentioned kids running up and down the halls. Had to hold the toilet handle down for a few seconds for it to flush. Shower had some small mildew buildups. Lock on the door was bent up and looked like someone tried to break it down. Location was good plenty of food and shopping all over the place. Well worth a stay for a night or two if traveling, but wouldn't stay just as a vacation.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better due to the thinner walls.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Should have read reviews because they are all true. The entire hotel appeared unclean with exception of the Lobby and dining area. Hit the elevators which sounded like they were due for service, doors open to carpet that is literally black with stains and filth. The halls are were not air conditioned so you get hit with a smell I couldn't recognize. The room I had said non smoking but had an odor of smoke latent with some air freshener. There was a significant amount of mold around the tub and toilet. It's a shame because it appears that this hotel has some higher end amenities and decor but is simply not maintained inside and out. The bed had 6 pillows that were so old that they were now half their size and frankly scary to sleep on. I think Choice Hotels should be embarrassed to have their name associated with this property. One positive is that I only had to stay one night.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Coke1998
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have nothing to say but good. Great staff. Friendly, and courteous. They have gone out of their way to make my stay special. When I first came to this area I reviewed the comments and was apprehensive to say the least. Well all I have to say is that someone must have been having a bad day and I'm sure it is not the staff from here. It is truly a great place. They take care of you and make you feel so welcome. Rooms are clean and I will definately come back.

Room Tip: I have always stayed on facing the back. I needed a desk so they gave me a King, It worked out wond...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Given we have family in this area, this is a Perfect Location for us to stay. The Red Lobster is right next door (can walk), Westmoreland Mall is 2 mins. away ("could" walk), as are many other businesses along Route 30. Have stayed multiple times w/o any problems and w/Friendly Staff! Rooms are comfortable and clean. Having the Breakfast in the morning is a plus (I/we need our
Coffee!!)!! We stay almost exclusively at Choice Hotels and are a Choice Rewards Member. We have always been happy with the chain and this hotel in particular!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family