“Fine and friendly dining”
Review of Highline Coffeehouse & Cafe - CLOSED

Highline Coffeehouse & Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013

As one of the other reviewers said, if you are looking for a fast off the shelf meal, try any of the chain's that serve pre-made food. If you are looking for a fine dining experience without Washington DC prices then the Highline Restaurant and Railway Lounge could be your place. I am fortunate to live just a few miles down the road and visit there once a week for a date night with my husband. The restaurant staff is friendly and the food is amazing! The new lounge addition is beautiful. If you are into trains then you will have an additional plus to look forward to! For those reviewers that complained of poor service, I personally have not seen it, but all new restaurants or restaurants with new additions have some growing pains, so I can only assume that the slow service you speak of was a brief hiccup. However, keep in mind if you visit here that the goal is not to turn over tables, but provide freshly prepared food, in a clean, friendly atmosphere for a very reasonable price. I occasionally visit for lunch too, and have found their homemade potato salad to die for! Happy eating! ~ Jane

3  Thank janelynn0101

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited this place last December and we were very disappointed with the service. It took them 20 minutes to get my husband his beer, which was bottled. We almost left because it also took forever to get our food. The man who seated us was finishing up his shift and reluctantly seated us. He had a terrible attitude, like we were bothering him with our presence. We have not been back since. The only thing that might induce me to try it again was the quality of food, which was excellent. If the service improves and if they get rid of their snotty waitstaff, I might try it again because the food was very good.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Lunch there last Friday. Probably the fourth time there and probably the last. The expansion / renovation is beautiful. The food was predictably very good and very expensive. The service was incredibly slow. We had reservations for noon and were served food at 1:30 P.M. How could you ever serve a business person who has an hour for lunch? This is not a server problem - it is a kitchen problem. Apparently the owner has never managed a high volume kitchen and is completely clueless as to how to provide for an expanded business. Please stay away unless or until they get their act together.

1  Thank Rich O
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for hot an a lot--go elsewhere. But if you're looking for a delightful meal with fresh ingredients and professional service don't miss this little gem. Choice of patio, courtyard or inside seating

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The restaurant & cafe are located in an old home, 50 feet from an elevated NS active railroad line. Offering patio service in good weather, the food & service are a welcome change from the corporate eateries we are offered. We absolutely love their pork chop & cocoanut shrimp but daily offerings have always been well explained & when purchased, delightful. Being an older home seating is close. Met a wonderful couple from Canada the other day just stopping for the night on a road trip, but you can also enjoy just your own table. You need to look for this gem and it is street parking but we would highly recommend you stop & enjoy lunch or dinner.