“Great variety and nice atmosphere”

Pure and Simple Cafe
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Greencastle
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Met a couple friends who live in the area for lunch. Interior is decorated nicely with calm music. The staff was friendly and patient. Lots of healthy organic foods. I ordered the daily special, which was white bean hummus in a freshly baked pita and a small side salad. Delicious and so fresh. Lots of desserts available as well, organic items and gluten free. Looking forward to going back.
There is free and metered on street parking, but also a lot directly behind the building.

There are newer reviews for Pure and Simple Cafe

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have to admit that I hesitated to try this place because healthy food doesn't always translate into "delicious" food. However, that was the case at Pure and Simple. The shrimp wrap was absolutely the best! It was served with a tasty salad. The portions are generous too. Try the hot spiced cider for a seasonal treat! Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

It was nice to get off the interstate and find this cafe. They had very good, healthy food which was such a nice break from all the junk you often end up eating when you're traveling. No cookie cutter menu items here. The kind of place that causes you to stop and think about what you want to eat. Nice relaxed atmosphere, although the tables aren't the most comfortable thing, and great baked goods. My husband had ordered a specialty coffee to take with us when we left and they had forgotten to prepare it. We insisted it was no big deal -- it was ready in a few minutes! -- but they insisted on throwing in a free brownie for not having remembered. What more can you ask for?

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a place my husband and I love to visit for breakfast and lunch. It's listed as vegetarian, but its actually better described as healthy. Plenty of gluten free and grain free choices for baked goods and a great selection of organic salads, smoothies, wraps, etc. I love the salmon salad.

It's also got such a relaxed atmosphere, a nice place to visit with friends.

1  Thank Beth J
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I really enjoy this cafe and appreciate the organic, natural, healthy choices. It's the only place around that serves delicious, veggie "meats." I'm still getting used to the baked treats, they are a little more dry than you find at other bakeries, but without extra butter and oil! I've enjoyed everything I've had at Pure and Simple, staff is friendly, it's clean, a nice atmosphere. Thankfully I've never had trouble finding parking; street parking only, no lot.