“The Best B&B I've ever stayed in!”

White Hall Manor B&B
Ranked #1 of 4 Greencastle B&B and Inns
DuBois, Pennsylvania
“The Best B&B I've ever stayed in!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

If you are traveling in and around the area of Gettysburg, Hagerstown, Chambersburg or Greencastle, a stay at the White Hall Manor B&B is a MUST!
This beautiful Antebellum style B&B is absolutely beautiful. What makes it incredibly special are the proprietors, Pam and Gerry.
The evening I arrived, Pam and Jerry welcomed me into their beaufiul home immediately.
They showed me to my room so that I could put my things away and freshen up.
When I walked back down stairs, Pam was standing in the sitting room with a piece of homemade apple pie and ice cream!
What a wonderful welcome!
I have been here for 4.5 days while working with Robinwood Dental in Hagerstown, and I am actually sad to be leaving them.
Pam and Gerry have made me feel so comfortable and so welcomed.

About the Inn itself....Every room is absolutely spotless, the private bathrooms are beautifully appointed as are the bedrooms. I stayed in the Sara Room which has it's own private balcony that overlooks the lovely, quiet back yard.

Every morning you will be served a breakfast to DIE for. How about Pecan Waffles or Raisin French Toast or my all time favorite, Lemon Stuffed Pancakes? Along with the specialty of the day comes bacon and fresh fruit, flavored teas or coffee.

You may have a bit of a drive to get to Gettysburg...maybe 40 minutes away, but trust me...it is well worth a bit of a drive. Hagerstown and their beautiful Premium Outlets are only about 12 miles away.

If you are looking for restaurants local to Greencastle, try the John Allison Public House or Cafe Del Sol (wow..great food!) or the Highline Restaurant. All within 3 blocks to 2 miles.

You will be very happy if you choose to stay with Pam and Gerry at the White Hall Manor!

Room Tip: I loved the Sara Room...very quiet and it has a private balcony with chairs, table and a little lant...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pam15801

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during our trip to Gettysburg for its 150th anniversary. Although the White Hall Manor is 45 minutes outside of Gettysburg, it was absolutely worth the extra drive. Pam and Gerry are wonderful hosts and very warm. The entire Bed & Breakfast is spotless. My favorite part, however; was the amazing breakfast Pam made for us. I can honestly said that Pam's lemon stuffed pancakes were the best breakfast I have ever had. What a lovely stay!

• Stayed July 2013
Katy, Texas
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the White Hall Manor Bed and Breakfast in Greencastle, PA for one night in April, 2013.
This home is beautifully restored and meticulously maintained by owners Gerry and Pam Lute. Our stay was no less than perfect. We chose The Davidson Room and we were not disappointed. The room has a very comfortable king size bed with high quality comfortable sheets and a very large private bathroom with separate shower and whirlpool tub.
Often times in these old homes you’ll find dust bunnies here and there but this home was spotless right down to the baseboards.
Gerry and Pam were a joy to visit with and we shared some fun stories. Be sure to ask Gerry about the books he has written.
Pam fixed an exquisite breakfast of pecan waffles with bacon and fresh fruit that was delicious and filling.
Be sure to check out the Inn’s website because what you see is what you get.
We have stayed at many Inns around the country and this place is top notch!
A wonderful experience we highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Frederick, MD
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I am normally very quick to give reveiws, often while we are pulling out of the drive way, but alas... I was cleaning up and came across Four Roses for Sarah and realized I hadn't reveiw our stay at White Hall. The home is beautiful, very clean, and simplistic in decor. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom addition seemed a little cold decor wise, and is large enough for maybe a soft sitting ottoman to warm up the space. The best amentity of this location is the hosts themselves. I mentioned to Pam at checkin that we had read reveiws about her lemon stuffed pancakes... I don't like pancakes normally, but just had to try them. I never imagined the amount of work that went into them... and low and behold the next morning... outside of the plan, Pam had made them. Absolutely delicious! We have stayed at several B&B's and this was by far the best breakfast. They were great company, and we had breakfast with another couple who often stays there while visitng their son at private school.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My wife and I stopped in overnight 4/23 while on a trip back from down south. White Hall was such an enjoyable experience - we recommend it to any couple or traveling adults. Pam and Gerry were so gracious and the rooms are beatifully decorated and comfortable. We stayed in the Sara Room and enjoyed the story of its naming and decor. It is a classic B&B. We felt like part of the family. The highlight was Pam's breakfast choices. 2 minutes from I-81. Consider it for a travel stop or a destination for battleground touring.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My husband and I consider this an excellent "find" on our way south for the last couple of years. Beautiful mansion style home, exquisitely decorated, yet comfortable and not at all stuffy - light and bright. Highly recommend. Pam is a wonderful chef and serves some very delectable breakfasts.

Room Tip: You will be pleased with any room there.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My husband and I took an unplanned trip to Harpers Ferry WV. All the b&b's in Harpers ferry were booked. As it happened I searched a 50 mile radius and was fortunate to find White Hall Manor. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed,our bathroom was huge!
The owners maintain the place beautifully and serve a wonderful breakfast. If we had more time I would have used it as a launching off place for Gettysburg. FYI the owners put out a dessert everynight so save room after dinner for a treat.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greencastle
Comfort Inn
Burgundy Lane Bed & Breakfast
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown
Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg

Been to White Hall Manor B&B? Share your experiences!