Blue Window Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Greencastle
See available hotels
Rodeway Inn(Greencastle)
Comfort Inn(Greencastle)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My sister and I have just returned from Jan and Ron Berg's fabulous Blue Window B and B. This is my third visit. I know Tom Wolfe said "You can't go home again", but he must have never stayed here. Our hosts could not have been more welcoming. They make us feel like family. I don't know what I enjoyed the most--the cool music on the ipod docks, breakfasts that dazzled, charming bedroom suite-crisp, fresh and oh, so comfortable or all the fun that Jan and Ron provide chatting with us on the patio or in the "coffee bar" study.We hated to leave and look forward to our return.
June 22, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank susan b
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We were so lucky when we found a review on the Blue Window here on Trip Advisor. You see Ron and Jan don't have a website so you can't google for them. They're number is 717-597-2282 though. They're in a wonderful little Pennsylvania town loaded with history and just down the road from Gettysburg and an area of the Pennsylvania Dutch. Absolutely charming!!! One of the best experiences my husband and I have ever had and we've stayed in many b and b's. Coming in at night after a day of adventures and being greeted with a hug and sitting down with these two lovely people to talk about your day, it just felt like home. Breakfast was sublime. Ron makes the best french scrambled eggs with tarragon and Jan's waffles with blueberries and a mixture of ricotta and cream cheese... oh my! The suite we stayed in ran the whole length of the house upstairs! There was a cozy coffee/tea nook that you could lounge in, a front room, a bedroom - sleep comfort bed and the most beautiful light filled bathroom. Those two thought of everything. I want to be adopted, and I'm pushing fifty!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Darla M
Reviewed April 13, 2008

The Blue Window Bed and Breakfast in Greencastle PA is a wonderful find. You will not be disappointed. I had a fabulous stay! While visiting family, I had the opportunity to spend four nights at this wonderful B&B. The location is excellent. The town square, local shopping and a lovely park are within easy walking distance. Some major destinations are within a fairly easy driving distance: BWI and Reagan airports; Gettysburg; Whitetail Ski Resort; Mercersburg Academy; and Hagerstown, Md.
The Blue Window B&B is meticulously run by innkeepers, Ron and Jan Borg--an exceptionally warm and gracious couple who are also very knowledgeable and accommodating. Every room in their circa 1885 built home is filled with interesting art and collectibles from their world travels. The home has a lot of beautiful Victorian furniture as well. I also have to say that because the home is large, it is very private. There are back stairs that Ron and Jan used, so i never saw either of them on the main stairway during my visit. I felt that my privacy was very will respected during my entire stay.
I had a beautiful suite during my stay. The cost for my suite was only $110 (plus tax) per night--this included breakfast! **Pricing may be seasonal, so please confirm. My sitting room was lovely and bright and included a comfortable chaise, writing desk, television and DVD player. My bedroom included a sleep number bed, and a cozy duvet--an exceptionally comfortable and just plain darling room. My private bathroom was large, bright, and very clean. I had the use of a hairdryer, and the plush towels were replaced everyday. Every morning brewing coffee in another little nook that was adjacent to my bedroom was waiting for me. Along with my coffee, there was the local newspaper and a delicious slice of pound cake. It gets even better! After getting ready for my day, I was treated to a wonderful gourmet breakfast in the B&B dining room. I have to say that all of my breakfasts were really exceptional--no cereal!
There are just a few things to consider. All sleeping rooms are upstairs, and even though the stairs are padded with thick carpeting, and there is a sturdy railing to hold on to, there are at least 16 stairs to contend with. Also, I can't see this as a place for toddlers--too many things to see and touch. The Blue Window does not have a web sit, so you will have to call/email for availability. That being said, if you want a "home away from home" experience you will love the Blue Window Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo