“Worth the price”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Greencastle
Kingston, Canada
“Worth the price”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was only a one stay on the road, but we were very impressed with this Comfort Inn. The room and bathroom were immaculate and well dressed. Microwave, fridge, coffee make, and new TV. Very impressive.
We had to take two double beds, the Queens were taken, but no big deal.
One thing I wish all hotels would do is to have plugs for laptops, camera, etc. The only available plug was next to the bed, not near the desk. Many, many places we have stayed have the same problem, unless they are newly built or renovated.
Breakfast was excellent with a friendly staff person keeping all items filled and hot.
Very nice lobby, and the young lady at check in - forget her name - was excellent. There were not many rooms left when we got there at 7:00 PM,. so it must be a popular spot.
Nice Italian restaurant right next door - very handy.

Room Tip: Highway construction on the exit ramp to the hotel. A bit messy to get into. No big deal.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
greencastle, pa
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Last year, my husband, 5th month old baby, and I were relocating to Greencastle for my new job. We bought a house and had to wait a month to settle. The Comfort Inn was our home for the month of September 2012. Don (the GM) and the staff were always so nice. The manager was especially kind in accommodating our need to stay for a month. We were able to pay a discounted rate and keep the same room for our entire stay. Plus, it was nice to have Brother's Pizza next door for my husband and daughter to go for breakfast :)

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and it was very comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as I was visiting two civil war sites and it was central. The property is older but well kept. The location is in the middle of nowhere. The staff were less than friendly. The wifi was strong, hot breakfast was adequate and the coffee was always on along with a fruit bowl. I selected this property as I got a great deal on a booking site. The property is connected to a 24 Hour Fitness facility. What they do not tell you is that hotel guests have very limited hours to use the gym, 12 -4 pm on the weekend. I try to select a hotel with a gym but the limited hours meant no morning work out. I wish I was aware of this before booking.

Room Tip: Try to get a king bed.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank John J
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We selected this hotel at the last minute because of the price, just needed a place to stay for the night. Check in was quick and help was very friendly. Our room had 2 double beds a refrigerator and microwave. Room had a musty smell to it and the air conditioner was loud when it would turn on and off throughout the night. Hotel is attached to a pizza restaurant and a gym with two beach volleyball courts. The free hot breakfast was a surprise, very good. It had pre mixed eggs but there was also eggs to cook, a waffle maker to make waffles along with cereal, yogurt, fruit and danishes that were very tasty.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bill44_13
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Loved the view of the corn field from the room window. Great customer service and has adjacent pizza place next store. Ask for coupon at front desk. Room kind of worn and outdated. Our room did not even have room number on door. I guess it had fallen off and not been replaced.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
PA106, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Comfort Inn. We apologize for the number not being on the outside of the door. We are making improvements everyday to better accommodate our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cassie Rank
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very nice & the room is clean. We were within 5 hours or so of our house. Found this in AAA book. Stopped & was pleased. There is even a nice patio for my husband to smoke that is away from people that might be offended by smoke.

• Stayed July 2013
PA106, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. I will be glad to share your experience with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cassie
HOLLYWOOD,FL
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This Greencastle Comfort Inn is my home away from home. I'm from Florida and my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter live near this CI. Consequently, I have had several opportunities to stay here and other hotel/motels. I have decided this is the only place for me to stay when visiting my family. The beds are comfortable with great linens and pillows (very important to me). The rooms are spacious with plenty of storage for your clothes, etc. The free breakfast is a nice amenity as are the complimentary chocolate chip cookies! :) What's best about this hotel, and what sets it apart from other CIs is the staff! Without exception every person working at this Comfort Inn is friendly and helpful. At times, staff have gone above and beyond to assist me. For example, on one of my trips, I accidentally locked the keys in my rental car just before I was planning to drive to DC airport to catch my plane home. Dawn and Stephanie, employees of CI sprung into action, helping me contact the rental company several times during the process (I was concerned I would have to pay high fees if I couldn't get the car back in time). When the car rental company said it would be an hour or two before they could unlock my car, Dawn and Stephanie suggested a local lock specialist and called one to open the car. They stuck with me and helped me every step of the way until I was finally back into my car. Dawn, in particular, has willingly helped me many times during my stays. I look forward to my visits to PA and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. A big thanks to all of those hard-working CI employees who cheerfully put their visitor's needs and comforts first!!

Room Tip: Just tell the front desk staff what kind of room you need and they will do their best to accomodate...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DAKOTA39
PA106, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for you great review! I will be glad to share this review with our staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Cassie Rank
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greencastle
Super 8 Greencastle
Super 8 Greencastle
#2 of 4 in Greencastle
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown
Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hagerstown
Quality Inn & Suites Hagerstown
Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!