“Very nice /clean & convenient”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Greencastle
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Very nice /clean & convenient”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was easy to find. Upon arrival we were greeted by Mechelle who was very pleasant and gave great local directions. Hotel is very clean. There is a Brother's Pizza at the hotel and the food is very reasonable and delicious.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PA106, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I let Mechele read your compliments about her guest service. She is very delighted. We appreciate the time taken to write about your stay with us. We welcome guest feedback in order to keeping progressing toward our guest service goals. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accommodating you on any future travels. Thank you again for choosing to book with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were on our final leg of a long trip and chose this hotel because it was less expensive than the ones in Hagerstown, MD, the next largest city.
The staff were so nice! The hotel was clean. And the most surprising was the little Italian restaurant next door. The food was very good. For a place in a small town, between two larger, cities, this was a huge advantage we were not expecting. On our next trip we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide great value and service to all of our guests. We are very glad you will be staying with us on future travels. Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to accommodating you soon. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Best part for me was the Internet access. A nice desk with a fast Ethernet port you can just plug into and go. Also the chair was high enough to type comfortably from, a real rarity in Choice properties. Excellent breakfast. Room itself was fine, no problems there..

Downside is that it's a bit of a hike from the parking lot to the rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PA106, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel. I am sorry you had such a long walk from the parking lot to your room. I am not sure how this would have occurred unless we had no vacancies and the parking lot was filled. Please call me if you would like to discuss your stay. I thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to book your next stay with us very soon.
Cortland, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We visited this hotel on the way to visit our son in Virginia. We have been making this trip for the past 8 years, and usually stay in either Chambersburg or Hagerstown, MD. The access to this hotel from 81 was very simple. Overall we were pleased with our stay. We were greeted at the front desk by a very friendly woman who told us she had worked at the hotel for 15 years. She is a huge asset to this hotel. Our king size bed was very comfortable. The heat ran very quietly and made sleeping a pleasure. There was not any noise from other guests, even though it was a Friday night and I know there was at least one weddding party in-house.
We ate at the adjoining restaurant Brothers Pizza. Although the decor is retro 60's style, the food was excellent and the wait staff was friendly. It was quite busy with the local crowd.
We did have lukewarm water rather than the hot water for showers that had been mentioned in a previous review. I'm not sure if it was because we were on the 3rd floor, or if there was a problem with the water heater. There was a smokey smell in the first floor hallway-but not at all on our third floor hall.
The breakfast was delicious. There were many choices including waffles (2 kinds), eggs, and sausage.
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel, but will probably return to Hagerstown in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PA106, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel. I am very sorry about the water not being hot enough. We rarely hear the water being only lukewarm. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise. I am sorry to hear you probably will not stay with us again. I was hoping you would have liked our hotel enough to become loyal guests. We would love to have you book all your future stays with us. Please contact me anytime at the hotel if you decide you would like to stay here again. We appreciate your review and will strive to continue providing great service and value to each guest. Thank you again for staying with us. I hope you decide to stay in Greencastle, PA in the future.
Bolivia, North Carolina
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I don't often do reviews, but I feel this Comfort Inn in Greencastle Pa deserves it.

This property is located just off of I-81 a few miles north of Hagerstown MD.

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel a few times and felt it was a great choice every time. Great value, clean, comfortable beds, quiet (even though close to highway), and most important very friendly and caring general manager (Donald Klim) and staff. We did not have their hot breakfast, but from what we could tell it's one of the better ones.

The real question is would we stay there again given we often use Choice hotels? Without a doubt the answer is yes. In our opinion this should be a Platinum or Gold level Choice hotel.

Thanks Don and staff for another great stay on 10/1/2012.

Room Tip: All good rooms
PA106, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you so much for being loyal guests at our hotel. Believe me the staff really appreciates your wonderful thoughts about them, They truly deserve all the credit for your overnight experience. I am delighted you took the time to write about your experiences with us. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of every guest we accommodate. Thank you for letting us know we achieved that goal. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. I look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed for one night for a wedding. I would only stay here if i was passing through or for an event. That's it. Hotel and room is typical, average. Decent bed, decent bathroom, average amenities. Overall, its a 3/5.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
PA106, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
We thank you for choosing to stay with us. We do apologize for any inconviences during your stay. Please contact me to discuss any problems you had. I would like to know what factors influenced your review of us. We value every guests stay and feedback. I hope if your passing through you decide to stay with us again. Thanks again for choosing the Comfort Inn for your stay.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Heading down to NC & getting stuck on RT 81 we were looking for a place to sleep and eat and then getting a early start the next day. Very happy with this clean, easy off & on exit and convenience of a restaurant that is attached. Even though it says Pizza Restaurant it turned out to have a variety of other dishes which was GREAT. A very friendly & helpful front desk made this exhausting trip a pleasant one. The restaurant attached you could tell it was pretty good by the amount of cars from the locals going there. So if you need a place to sleep & get something to eat this I would recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PA106, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to offer the best value in the area. Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of our hotel. The entire staff feels great knowing that our efforts do not go unnoticed. We look forward to booking your next stay with us. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greencastle
Super 8 Greencastle
Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg
#6 of 16 in Chambersburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hagerstown

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!