“Put Grantville on the map for us!!”
Review of Fabios

Fabios
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Grantville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bangor, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Put Grantville on the map for us!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Traveling back home to Maine after spending a week in Myrtle Beach, SC this was a very joyous find. We stayed the night at Main Stay and asked the front desk for dinner recommendations. Their suggestion was Fabio's. We questioned the outside appearance, it being dark upon our arrival, but once we walked in we were pleasantly surprised! We were quickly seated, and immediately greeted by our server. We ordered a delicious appetizer sampler which arrived quickly. We then had the excellent Maryland Crab Stew and salads served with their garlic bread. For entrees we had the Delmonico steak which was supposed to be 12 ounces but was at least 20 ounces, and Veal Saltimbocca. We were overly pleased with both dishes. We ordered two cannoli to-go for dessert back at the hotel. Our entire bill came to $60 and change plus we had leftovers for our trip back home the next day. There are a few things we base our satisfaction on when dining, one being if we order steak are they willing to serve a steak "rare". (If not that means their meat is not fresh.) This Delmonico was served exactly the way I like it...flashed over the grill and still bright red inside. As for service, our water glasses MUST be kept filled, and that they were. The service was exceptional and the food was outstanding. We are eager to visit this restaurant again in the near future and have already recommended it to friends that live somewhat in the area. Definitely worth the trip...even from Maine!!!!

Bethlehem, PA
“Little slow to get to the table, but it was good!”
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We ate here while staying at the Mainstay Suites across the parking lot, this restaurant was highly recommended by front-desk staff. (They also do delivery to your room at the hotel for a small extra charge.) We arrived at Fabios just after 6:30pm on a Saturday/Memorial Day weekend & were seated immediately. The restaurant itself is a remodelled barn, small part of the area is dedicated to a take-out counter and the remaining area is the dining room. I found it to be cozy & tastefully decorated, not really bright but lit well enough you could see the person across the table. Nice ambience. On the day we visited, the dining area tables were nearly all occupied. Our waitress was friendly but seemed to be covering alot of tables, so our service wasn't as quick as we'd have liked (that and, we were really hungry). We ordered chicken parm dinner to split between 2 adults w/ extra salads and our 2 kids split an adult fettucine alfredo w/broccoli. The salad & garlic bread came quickly but dinners took quite some time to arrive but when it did, wow! The portions were HUGE, the taste was good and there was so much that we had leftovers to take home. I would have liked some sort of discount via the hotel/restaurant referral but still felt the prices were very reasonable for the food quality and portion size. We all agree we'd eat here again if staying in the area.

Pennsylvania
“Never!”
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I too had a terrible experience with the service at Fabio's. I visited at lunch time on a weekday. Two tables were occupied in the dining room. An employee walked passed me several times and only acknowledged me after about 5 minutes. At least ten additional minutes passed while I was left standing in front of the other patrons. Rather than seating me, the employee cleared several tables, carried two loads of dirty dishes to the kitchen, and proceeded to replenish salt and pepper shakers of two tables. Meanwhile I was still standing and waiting. I walked out as the employee began filling the salt shaker of yet another table.

Harrisburg
“Worst Service I Have EVER had!”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I recently purchased a $50 food certificate for this restaurant from half price Harrisburg. So, of course, I only paid half price for the certificate. My family and I decided to try the restaurant on 9/26/09 and the story goes down hill from there. First, the building is in an old barn-like structure. We went inside, we were pleased with the atmosphere in this snall facility. We were standing inside for about 15-20 minutes and NO ONE approcahed us, asked for our name for a waiting list or even acknowledged our presence. This has never happened to me before. Many staff were moving around but no one approached us. There were at least two tables opened at the time. Since NO ONE said a word to us, after 20 minutes we decided to go to the inside counter and ask for take out food. It took another several minutes to get someone to even look our direction. At this point, I was very unhappy. We gave our order and we were told it would take about 20 minutes to get our order. Next, when I went to pay, I was told in a very ignorant manner, from whom I assumed was the owner, that the certificate was NOT GOOD on takeout orders. I attempted to tell him that we wanted to eat it but that NO ONE would wait on us. He obviously didn't care and walked away. To make matter worse, when I got home the order was not correct. Items were left out even though the person taking my money went over the order! In any event, the food was average at best and is the same that you could get from a local pizza joint. Due to the lack of attention, the ignorant manner in which we were treated and the order being wrong, I would not want to go back to this place and would strongly recommend that if you want Italian food in the Harrisburg area, go to the Olive Graden down the road or any of a number of pizza places. In this economic climate, I can't imagine that this place will survive. Customer service is lacking here!

BD3856
“Surprisingly excellent food and service.”
Reviewed September 21, 2009

The outside of this restaurant isn't that appealing. It appears a bit old and weary
and out of the way. However, we were most pleasantly surprised at the quality of
both the food and the service. We had salads, pizza and spaghetti with meat sauce -
all of which was top-notch. The iced tea was also delicious. This inexpensive
restaurant delivers top value! It's well worth a visit.