“Little slow to get to the table, but it was good!”
Review of Fabios

Fabios
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Grantville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We ate here while staying at the Mainstay Suites across the parking lot, this restaurant was highly recommended by front-desk staff. (They also do delivery to your room at the hotel for a small extra charge.) We arrived at Fabios just after 6:30pm on a Saturday/Memorial Day weekend & were seated immediately. The restaurant itself is a remodelled barn, small part of the area is dedicated to a take-out counter and the remaining area is the dining room. I found it to be cozy & tastefully decorated, not really bright but lit well enough you could see the person across the table. Nice ambience. On the day we visited, the dining area tables were nearly all occupied. Our waitress was friendly but seemed to be covering alot of tables, so our service wasn't as quick as we'd have liked (that and, we were really hungry). We ordered chicken parm dinner to split between 2 adults w/ extra salads and our 2 kids split an adult fettucine alfredo w/broccoli. The salad & garlic bread came quickly but dinners took quite some time to arrive but when it did, wow! The portions were HUGE, the taste was good and there was so much that we had leftovers to take home. I would have liked some sort of discount via the hotel/restaurant referral but still felt the prices were very reasonable for the food quality and portion size. We all agree we'd eat here again if staying in the area.

Reviewed March 1, 2010

I too had a terrible experience with the service at Fabio's. I visited at lunch time on a weekday. Two tables were occupied in the dining room. An employee walked passed me several times and only acknowledged me after about 5 minutes. At least ten additional minutes passed while I was left standing in front of the other patrons. Rather than seating me, the employee cleared several tables, carried two loads of dirty dishes to the kitchen, and proceeded to replenish salt and pepper shakers of two tables. Meanwhile I was still standing and waiting. I walked out as the employee began filling the salt shaker of yet another table.

Reviewed October 12, 2009

I recently purchased a $50 food certificate for this restaurant from half price Harrisburg. So, of course, I only paid half price for the certificate. My family and I decided to try the restaurant on 9/26/09 and the story goes down hill from there. First, the building is in an old barn-like structure. We went inside, we were pleased with the atmosphere in this snall facility. We were standing inside for about 15-20 minutes and NO ONE approcahed us, asked for our name for a waiting list or even acknowledged our presence. This has never happened to me before. Many staff were moving around but no one approached us. There were at least two tables opened at the time. Since NO ONE said a word to us, after 20 minutes we decided to go to the inside counter and ask for take out food. It took another several minutes to get someone to even look our direction. At this point, I was very unhappy. We gave our order and we were told it would take about 20 minutes to get our order. Next, when I went to pay, I was told in a very ignorant manner, from whom I assumed was the owner, that the certificate was NOT GOOD on takeout orders. I attempted to tell him that we wanted to eat it but that NO ONE would wait on us. He obviously didn't care and walked away. To make matter worse, when I got home the order was not correct. Items were left out even though the person taking my money went over the order! In any event, the food was average at best and is the same that you could get from a local pizza joint. Due to the lack of attention, the ignorant manner in which we were treated and the order being wrong, I would not want to go back to this place and would strongly recommend that if you want Italian food in the Harrisburg area, go to the Olive Graden down the road or any of a number of pizza places. In this economic climate, I can't imagine that this place will survive. Customer service is lacking here!

Reviewed September 21, 2009

The outside of this restaurant isn't that appealing. It appears a bit old and weary
and out of the way. However, we were most pleasantly surprised at the quality of
both the food and the service. We had salads, pizza and spaghetti with meat sauce -
all of which was top-notch. The iced tea was also delicious. This inexpensive
restaurant delivers top value! It's well worth a visit.

Reviewed September 4, 2009

Took the kids for dinner after a day at Hershey Park. The restaraunt is comfortable and has a nice menu. The food was okay and the pizza was good.

Unfortunately the waitress was less than hospitable, once she was replaced, it was an enjoyable experience. BYOB.

It was reasonably priced.

Been to Fabios? Share your experiences!