“Great Italian Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fabios
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Grantville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

This place has great Italian food. Everything from pizza to full Italian dishes to salads and more. I personally have never had their subs or pizza but I can tell you about their pasta dishes. I had their linguini with ham and mushrooms and alfredo sauce. Their salads as crisp and fresh and their garlic bread in a perfect compliment to any pasta dish. The only problem with this restaurant is they won't seat you until your entire party has arrived. We were dining with a party of 8 one evening and six of us were there but the last 2 people with our party had not arrived yet. We waited approximately 10 to 15 minutes until they arrived. We could have been seated and received our drinks and when they got there they could have just joined us. There is not much space to sit and wait so a few of us had to stand outside under a porch area while it was raining. The food is great but it is a very small restaurant with limited seating and they are very busy. Prices are very comparable with other Italian restaurants. My family love's Fabio's and we'll definitely continue to keep them on the top of our list when dining Italian.

• Visited August 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
“Still giving lots of value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Have reviewed Fabios in the past and want to update - menu is somewhat limited and the owner will not allow for any substitutions (want to swap the pasta for some other side? NO!) That being said, if you are perfectly happy with the menu "as is" or willing to pay an upcharge, the food is cooked very well and the portions are very large. As with most restaurants, you will do best by sticking to the "genre" - this is an Italian restaurant so order Italian food. If you are in the mood for authentic Italian "comfort" food then make sure you eat at Fabios!

1 Thank EJBaum
Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
“Takeout This Time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've been a Fabio's fan since I discovered it 10 years ago. This is my second review, we stayed next door in the Mainstay and utilized takeout this time.

Service was fast (20 minutes order to food-in-hand). Service as usual was beyond friendly. I've never known if I spoke to the owner, because everyone in there seems to be trained to make people feel at home. The restaurant was almost full on a Thursday night.

Looking at it strictly from a food perspective this time: taken back to the hotel and eaten in the room, which means the pizza cooled down a bit, it was above average take-out pizza. Also added onion rings and they were good (even a half hour later out of the bag), but the serving size was a bit skimpy for three bucks. At $15 for a large 1 item and an onion ring, this was pretty much what I'd pay for my local, satisfactory pizzeria.

Based on that assessment, if I was at the Mainstay or other motel and didn't feel like sitting in a restaurant, I'd go to Fabios again and again. Very happy with the takeout. But if you're in the area and want to experience Fabios, GO TO THE RESTAURANT, experience the atmosphere, and order more than just pizza. Different experience entirely.

1 Thank 111buckhorn
Cape Coral, Florida
“Overall Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great food, great prices, outstanding service, reasonably priced. Very friendly staff from Fabio & Joe down to all the waitresses and the cooks. Great experience every time.

State College, Pennsylvania
“Just a quick take out.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Was staying nearby and noticed they had take out so we ordered 2 Mediterranean Chicken Salads to go.
Went to the restaurant to pick it up and the place was hopping. I was met by Joe the pizza maker(and maybe the Owner) and he was very friendly. Salads were ready when promised and reasonably priced.
Got back to hotel and there was not that much of a salad.
On the smaller side and the chicken was cooked on a flattop grill so it was a little tough.
While the salad was just OK, and the joint was a jumping, since I do not eat and bread or pasta type food, Paleo Diet, I probably will not be going back but it may be worth a try if your diet is less strict.

• Visited September 2013