“Takeout This Time”

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
“Takeout This Time”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've been a Fabio's fan since I discovered it 10 years ago. This is my second review, we stayed next door in the Mainstay and utilized takeout this time.

Service was fast (20 minutes order to food-in-hand). Service as usual was beyond friendly. I've never known if I spoke to the owner, because everyone in there seems to be trained to make people feel at home. The restaurant was almost full on a Thursday night.

Looking at it strictly from a food perspective this time: taken back to the hotel and eaten in the room, which means the pizza cooled down a bit, it was above average take-out pizza. Also added onion rings and they were good (even a half hour later out of the bag), but the serving size was a bit skimpy for three bucks. At $15 for a large 1 item and an onion ring, this was pretty much what I'd pay for my local, satisfactory pizzeria.

Based on that assessment, if I was at the Mainstay or other motel and didn't feel like sitting in a restaurant, I'd go to Fabios again and again. Very happy with the takeout. But if you're in the area and want to experience Fabios, GO TO THE RESTAURANT, experience the atmosphere, and order more than just pizza. Different experience entirely.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank 111buckhorn

Cape Coral, Florida
“Overall Great Experience”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great food, great prices, outstanding service, reasonably priced. Very friendly staff from Fabio & Joe down to all the waitresses and the cooks. Great experience every time.

• Visited October 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“Just a quick take out.”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Was staying nearby and noticed they had take out so we ordered 2 Mediterranean Chicken Salads to go.
Went to the restaurant to pick it up and the place was hopping. I was met by Joe the pizza maker(and maybe the Owner) and he was very friendly. Salads were ready when promised and reasonably priced.
Got back to hotel and there was not that much of a salad.
On the smaller side and the chicken was cooked on a flattop grill so it was a little tough.
While the salad was just OK, and the joint was a jumping, since I do not eat and bread or pasta type food, Paleo Diet, I probably will not be going back but it may be worth a try if your diet is less strict.

• Visited September 2013
“An Italian Gem in Hershey”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

If you want great food, super service, comfortable atmosphere and good value - Fabrio's is where you should go. My wife loved her chicken parm. The spaghetti and sausage were super. Both entrees were enough for two. No liquor license but you can bring your own bottle. All the locals were enjoying their wine.

• Visited September 2013
Newark, Delaware
“A yes in my book”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Travelling baseball team went here for dinner. Inside is like an old barn converted to a restaurant. Exposed stone and wood beams - very nice. Authentic Italian food with everything you can image. Kids loved the food too. Smaller space so I can see where the wait time may get long. We got lucky though. From what I understand they deliver as well. I had the chicken marsala and it was great. We would go there again.

• Visited August 2013