“Casual and great BBQ”
Review of Shakedown BBQ

Shakedown BBQ
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Grantville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Real. Applewood Smoked. BBQ. Follow the Smoke...
Description: Real. Applewood Smoked. BBQ. Follow the Smoke...
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Awesome casual place for lunch or dinner. We had great ribs, brisket and pulled pork and very good baked beans. I loved the spicy sauce but one person at our table thought it was too hot. The hot sausage was very hot. We dined outside on picnic table where the people were very friendly. Be sure to BYO if you must.

1  Thank 3,332
There are newer reviews for Shakedown BBQ

Reviewed July 13, 2013

You always hear, "They have the best barbecue!" but in this case I think they do. The menu is small but they absolutely hit on what they do best. Barbecue!!! I was in a small group so I saw a nice assortment of what they had to offer. Great smoked wings, ribs, and enormous sized sandwiches. Not to forget the over sized natural seasoned french fries. We finished it up with a great piece of peanut butter pie. The atmosphere was also neat as we sat outside on a picnic table listening to the band playing in the back. Just a real neat place. Will be going back hopefully sooner than later. They offer a 10% military discount.

2  Thank hedge252003
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Split a sampler with husband as first time at Shakedown. Hubby gave big thumbs up to baby back ribs; I liked the chicken. Service is excellent; music terrific. A joint, nuthin' but a joint. But whadda joint!

2  Thank LVinWA
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I stopped by this past Sunday, was not dissapointed, it was OUTSTANDING. I got the sampler platter............3 meats and 2 sides. Pork was moist and tasty, sausage had good flavor, beef brisket was tender and prime. They were sold out of the chicken and ribs, will try them next time. The zesty sauce was phenominal!! For sides I got cole slaw (excellent) and baked beans (packed with flavor...........VERY GOOD!).
The draft soda is a good deal for $2.00, with free refills (they have birch beer, among others).
Will be back again shortly............it was REALLY good. The only downside was you did not get an itemized receipt for your order. They seemed to be doing a brisk TO-GO business as well.

1  Thank sbcb824
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This "restaurant" is on a back road, and you wouldn't expect it to be there. GPS helped us find it. Once there, we almost left because there were only 4 tables inside the air-conditioned bulding; the rest were outside and it was pretty warm that day. Glad we stayed.

Three in our group of 4 ordered the 3 meat/2 sides meal - disappointed that they were out of ribs; they just sold the last rack to the couple in line before us. Based on other reviews I read, it seems like that happens frequently. (We were there around 6PM on a Wednesday.) The other in our group ordered a pulled pork sandwich. Portion sizes were huge, and we took a lot of meat home to heat up later. I think their favorite spice is chili powder, as it seemed to be on the fries and in the BBQ sauce. No problem for me, I loved it!

1  Thank wayneco52