“Great Location, Nice Room for the Money”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Grantville
Harrisburg, PA
“Great Location, Nice Room for the Money”
Reviewed January 21, 2010

We were just staying overnight after a visit to the Hollywood Casino. The check-in process was quick and easy and our room was very large. I only had one complaint and that was a red stain on the carpet, which I brought to their attention after our stay and was notified via email that they were attempting to remove the stain. I was very pleased with everything else though. We had a jacuzzi tub in our room and a very comfortable King size bed along with a sleeper sofa. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
SCHERERVILLE IN
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Checking in after a 12 hour drive, we were greeted by an extremely pleasant and smiling desk clerk who checked us in quickly. She also gave us a listing with restaurants and directions to wherever we wanted to visit. The continental breakfast was delicious, our rooms were clean and spacious. We would socialize in breakfast room in the evening and the desk clerk turned on lights, got us ice, whatever we needed, all we had to do was ask.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
delaware
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I was abosolutely floored at the great experience I had while staying at the Comfort Suites. I can't believe the level of service I received while there. First, the continental breakfast was more than I expected. I was pleased at the variety of foods offered and that it was such a warm, welcoming environment. Then, the comfort of the room was exceptional! The bed was super comfortable, the room was very clean, the staff were so helpful-the man working the front desk even called the restaurant next door and asked them to stay open for 5 more minutes because we were on our way!! Overall my experience was great!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Newark, DE
Reviewed November 30, 2009

The staff was helpful when asked about nearby restaurants and nightlife. The hotel and room was clean. Will visit again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Delaware
Reviewed November 30, 2009

My stay at this hotel was great. The staff was very helpful by giving us maps to get around, The kids had a great time swimming in the pool, while the adults had a great time in the hot tub. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends, family and others. This is a great place to stay any time of the year. Everyone was very friendly. The Continental breakfast was fantastic, it wasn't just cold cereal and fruit like most hotels, they had actual breakfast foods, sausage, eggs, waffles, toast,fruit, yogurt, all kinds of juices and teas, coffee. Delicious.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Connecticut
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I don't even know where to begin!!

Lobby was very small. Went to the room opened the door and what an odor. It was awful. I took out my clorox disinfectant wipes immediately!!! My room sprays and sprayed all over. Considered changing rooms or hotels but decided to stay. I actually looked up another hotel in the area but nothing was available.

Room was very small,. although it said king bed suite. Stains on the sofa. Opened pull out sofa,stains on mattress, No linens and the mattress was so bad we had to find a department store and buy a blow up mattress(another $55.00) and it wasn't easy to find. Not much in the area in way of stores.

Light on the table flickered when you touched it. Only enought towels for 2 people we had 4, had to call for more. The best one yet! the toilet clogged we called the front desk for a plunger they brought it up and handed it to us. We were flabergasted, I said you don't do it (response was "NO") have you ever heard of such a thing? Next day we had to ask for more toilet paper. No "Do not disturb" signs. Had to ask housekeper.

Did not feel safe there. Back door is always open. You do not need a key. Anyone can walk in.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
gmpa295, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2009
I am very concerned with the experience you had while at our hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for the time you had while here. We take great pride in our hotel and strive to make it comfortable for all of our guests and regretfully we did not fulfill our obligation to you . We have recently had a change in managerment here at the Comfort Suites Hershey/Grantville hotel and would like to invite you back to see our progress. I am sure you will be more than pleased.

Pearland, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2009

After reading past reviews of the hotel, I almost changed my reservation. I am glad I did NOT. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was courteous and helpful. I would stay there again when I visit Hershey next year.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
MainStay Suites
MainStay Suites
#4 of 9 in Grantville
Days Inn Grantville
Days Inn Grantville
#3 of 9 in Grantville
Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey
Holiday Inn Harrisburg/Hershey
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!