“Good Accomodations, Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Grantville
Commack, New York
“Good Accomodations, Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

My son was playing in the Hershey Cup soccer tournament and we found this hotel on line. Lisa the front desk clerk was very helpful with assisting us with our needs as we booked, then had to cancel a night, then had to call and add it again. Throughout all that she remained professional and helpful and was excellent to deal with. The room was the right size for our family, and having the refrigerator in the room helped with drinks and snacks for the kids. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean and even though the hotel was booked solid, the room remained quiet. The only complaints I would have with the room would be the bathroom. The fan was a bit loud and for a tall guy like me the shower head is way to low. Other then that the stay excellent. A big bonus is the breakfast which is not your standard fare. Each day was something different and it was hot and cold which was a nice surprise. All in all the hotel was clean, the service great, it was close to all attractions, easy to get on and off the highways and provided great value for what we paid.

Room Tip: stayed on 3rd floor facing the front of the facility and the room was very quiet
Cheryl T, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
Gene:
Thank you for the fantastic review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for bringing the fan noise to our attention, we are working to remedy that issue.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Bay Shore, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights. I experienced the good, the bad, and the funky.

Good: Distance to Hershey. Room size was good. The breakfast was hot and decent for hotel price.

Bad: Felt like we were in no where land and when we tried to have food delivered there was no place that delivered except a pizza place that told us there delivery guy called in sick.
The game room machines ate our money.
The gym, most machines were broken.
The ice machines were broken.
Cleaners made me feel like they just made the beds and gave new towels.

Funky: My husband went to pool room first he said there look like a film over it but was not sure. The next day it rained all day so after leaving chocolate world, we had nothing to do. Kids begged to go in the pool. I was scared to get in it because I smelled a funny odor in the room (I have a strong sense of smell) I first smelled the water and then had to get in with my youngest child. I kept sniffing her as I felt like the water had a foul odor. I was disgusted and left. We hung bathing suites in room and then we could smell the funk off the suites.
My husband wanted to wash them because of the smell but of course the machines didn't work.

We will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
Cheryl T, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
It is unfortunate to read that you had such a bad time at our hotel during your visit in August. I came on board in the beginning of October and my first focus was cleanliness and maintenance of the hotel. I am very pleased that the staff has pulled together and the feedback has been wonderful! I hope you will give us another try.
Cherl Trussell, General Manager
Pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

My family and I stayed for four days here because if the proximity to Hershey. When we arrived, the hallway had an overwhelming stench if bleach. The hot tub was not working. The safe was broken. When we called for help, the man fixing it showed us how he can easily get into anyone's safe. An hour later, we had no towels, and that same man came in with the towels, attempting to watch tv with us. To top it all off, my son contracted a respiratory infection when we arrived home. We then received a letter from the department of health saying there was bacteria in their water tower. I am taking matters further. If you value your life, make a different choice.

3 Thank Nocomfortsuites
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

The only advantage of staying at this hotel is you can walk to the Hollywood Casino. Other than that, we found our room was dirty (looked like vacuum hadn't been run in a while). Bathroom floor was dirty with dried drops of something all over the floor. There was also dried on something on the wet bar area from the previous occupant. You could only use 1 of the closet doors as the other was off the track and the mirror front was dangling. Room was fairly spacious. Unfortunately in that area, there is only 1 other hotel (Holiday Inn). May try that one next time.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that faces away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa H
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed there overnight 15 of us. Had 3 rooms. made mistake of not asking for rooms on the front side of hotel away from Highway. 2 of our rooms faced the highway and you heard the road noise all night long. Bring ear plugs. Also which is more important because this was something the hotel can control. In our room the toilet was stopped up so I tried calling to front desk and house keeping busy signals so went down to the desk and told the women (this was 8:00 am) she said to me well I have a plunger back here I can give you. I said no I would like someone to come and take care of this, she said I am the only one here aside from the breakfast staff, Housekeeping and maintenance don't come in until 9. You would think a busy hotel near Hershey would have someone on site all the time to take care of these things. So there I am plunging our toilet. Was not happy especially after not getting a good nights sleep. Aside from that beds were fine and breakfast was fine. If staying here again would make sure I got a room on the other side of hotel

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Booked a room overnight just to have a short drive to bed after a day at the casino which is right down the road. From our room which is facing the interstate, you can hear all traffic. Went down to check the hot tub and pool out...the hot tub was not filled and out of order and the pool - you cannot see the bottom and there's a film over the water. The beds are very comfortable, but you could tell that whomever cleaned the room didn't clean well...I mean, there was leftovers of a #2 in the toilet. I have no clue how it's been newly renovated, it's plain-Jane and run down. I will stay here again if I need a cheap place to crash, otherwise I would never come and expect to actually make a nice relaxing night out of it. Room is sort of run down (torn wallpaper, etc).

Chalfont, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I hate dirty hotels. I even take my own sheets and blanket just in case. We booked this through priceline and I was really worried after we were confirmed and I read the reviews. However, the room was very clean (i didn't need my sheets), the staff was very kind and helpful (I called to ask about a burnt out light bulb and someone came .. no lie .. within 2 minutes to change it), the breakfast was typical but totally fine (and coffee is available all day), and amazingly the bed was comfy. Maybe all the rooms aren't the same and so some have bad reviews? we did not use the pool so can't comment on that. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
MainStay Suites
MainStay Suites
#4 of 9 in Grantville
Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey
Days Inn Grantville
Days Inn Grantville
#3 of 9 in Grantville
Holiday Inn Harrisburg/Hershey
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!