So myslef ,my daughter,and 2 of her Bff's stayed here because they were promised a day at Hershey.We get to the hotel well ahead of check in time ,we could not check in which was fully understandable.But they did allow the girls to use the restroom so they could all change because they were still in PJs after a 5 hour drive from VA.We go to the park,come back to the room around 230 and it was so hot,humid,sticky and smelly.The guy at the desk explained to me how to use the central air (guess I looked like I had no clue?). So the girls shower,I shower we leave to go back to the park thinking the room would be cooled off.We get back at 11pm and OMG it was just the same.Now I go downstairs to ask what do we do.Now the lady we speak to this time says use the other control.I said if thet does not work,then what? She said Im sorry we are all booked up.So I go back , mess with the other control and it starts to work.Now I have two different sets of staff telling the the complete opposite of each other of what to do.Bottom line is........if you stay in room 301,use the AC that is under the window.Since the small unit on the wall is not labeled (DO NOT USE)...you will go half of your stay with a hot,sticky and smelly room.
Now on the better side of things. I did send the hotel a letter stating my aggrivation.And it was addressed.So hopefully on the next stay ,after a 5 hour drive.We will be able to rest in a room that is cool and not smelly.I understand that the hotel is not brand new.But something can be done about the odor.Maybe bring your own febreeze.Again the room could have been smelly from it being so hot in there,who knows.
The lady who checked us in was probably one of the nicer staff members at the hotel but I did not catch her name.
Quick tips.................. there are no places that deliver food to you at this location,so get food while your out before you come back unless you go to the country bar at the hotel next door,and breakfast is pretty cool................you get to make your own waffles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT this beautiful 96 Suite property is conveniently located off of Interstate 81 at Exit 80 just minutes from Hollywood Casino and Hersheypark. Guests of our hotel enjoy a Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet, heated Indoor Chemical Free Salt Water Pool,Business Center, Fitness Center and Game Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Grantville
- Grantville Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Grantville