“Grubby”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Grantville
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Before checking in, go to the breakfast / dining area, stand in front of the waffle maker and look up at the large filter covered in grime. Yuck, yuck and more yuck. The dust and dirt has been there for years. Someone must have noticed because it looks like they made a feeble attempt to clean the lower 4 or 5 inches but then decided to give up and let the filth drop all over the countertop where the breakfast food is laid out.
If you can overlook this and proceed to your room, it may look clean at first glance but look around more carefully and you'll see the "old" dirt. The bathroom floor grouting hasn't been cleaned for many years. They obviously gave up on trying to remove the build up on the bath tub faucet.
The walls, as usual, are paper thin, so don't expect a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Rhoda A, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Guest,
I have recently reviewed your comments and I would like to thank you so much for taking your valuable time to offer us your feedback. Without hearing back from our guest we would be unable to make corrections or celebrate our success. We use all guest feedback to condict additional training for our team members. The issues you mentioned are being addresses immediately. We know this caused you concern and ask that you accept our sincere apology. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to change your perception in the future. We sincerely appreciate your business.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here in the latter part of October 2012 on an overnight trip to Hollywood Casino. When we arrived it was obvious that the hotel was at near capacity. The parking area was full and there was a long line for check in. We were suprised at how quickly everyone was being checked inn an things kept moving. We stayed with another couple and had adjoining rooms on the 1st floor to the right of the reception desk. Ours being a King Suite and the other being a 2 bed Suite. Both rooms were very clean, spacious and well appointed with no damage, spiders or musty odors to speak of. The only problem(s) with either room was, 1, the noisy fan in the King room, it seemed like the AC/Heat unit fan was going to come shooting out at any moment and 2, being so close to the breakfast area, sleeping past the start of breakfast was impossible with the noisy herd that descended at first light!! The breakfast was nothing spectacular but you cant expect alot for free either. The staff that we encountered was very friendly and helpful. We inquired at the front desk about a shuttle service to and from the casino and were given a card for a local service that seemed legit and it was..... except for the fact the gentleman providing the shuttle service is NOT prompt or reliable. We waited 1 full hour PAST the time given to be picked up at the hotel. Then our phone calls and messages for service back to the hotel went unanswered or ignored. We recommend securing a taxi if need be. Everything around the hotel grounds appeared to be well kept and clean with the exception of the pool. We had no intention of using the pool but decided to take a quick peek anyway. Wow, the water was very discolored and the room smelled a bit foul.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gary S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your time in writing this feedback. We are happy to know that you had a great time during your stay with us. It’s such a nice feeling to know that one of our guest felt comfortable and satisfied with the service that we are providing. We also apologize for some inconveniences that you’ve experienced. We would like you to know that we acknowledged our flaws and we will make sure to make amendments for us to improve our service. We are looking forward to serving you again in the future . Thank you so much.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed the Night of August 7 2012. The pool was so cloudy you couldn't see the bottom. Nobody went in and we are glad because we received a letter shortly after our stay about the legionaires disease stemming from the hotel.
The breakfast buffet food was frozen-heated up and terrible.
What a waste of money and we're glad we only stayed 1 night.

Room Tip: Stay in Lancater at the Amishview Inn. It's about 45 minutes from Hershey but it is worth the dr...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Gary S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Guest,
We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay. We assure you that the issues that you have mentioned are currently discussed for us to better serve you in the future. This feedback is greatly appreciated and we are hoping that you won’t close your doors for Comfort Suites. Thank you.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed at the Comfort Suites in Grantville on our way to a golf outing in Maryland. Often stay in the Grantville area because of the access to Hershey, golf courses and the Penn National Race Course and Hollywood Casino. We checked into the hotel about 9:00 pm; the lobby was bright and cheery. The desk clerk was less than congenial but not rude. (NOTE: my husband is an elite diamond member of the Choice Hotels group because of all the traveling he does for work. He was not acknowledged as an elite program member as should have happened. But although the front desk clerk was not welcoming, she also was not rude.)

The room was clean, comfortable and very large. We had a refrigerator and microwave in the room, and had a suite with sitting room, couch and work area as well as the bedroom with the king bed. The bathroom was adequate. Had a pleasant stay and would consider staying again. I thought the price was reasonable.

NOTE: there is no restaurant in the hotel, the nearest restaurant is in the Holiday Inn next door. Other than that expect a 15 - 30 minute drive to find a decent place to eat.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for writing this wonderful review. We always aim to provide our valued customers the best services like no other hotels can offer. We assure you that we will continue to provide you a comfortable stay, perfect location and impeccable services. We are looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

After an early start on August 31 we arrived around 6:00 PM. When we pulled into the hotel I immediately noticed there were no cars in the parking lot. I went to the door and it was locked! I knocked on the door and a clerk came to the door and told me they did not have any rooms, I told her I had a reservation and she told me they were closed. I asked why I was not notified, and when she looked on the computer, she finally found my reservation but I did not make it on the check in list for the day so I was not notified. I said to my self well no biggie I am sure they made alternate reservations for all of us, I was told no this did not happen because they wanted their guests to have a choice! Now it is Labor day weekend around Hershey, there are not alot of options especially for a family of 5! The clerk did attempt to find us another location,with no success. when she called her manager, (in my opinion the manager should have been at the hotel given the circumstances) and got voice mail. I expressed my concern for our budget and asked the clerk to advocate with the manager,and or corporation to help us with an increase in cost which may be a reality given the circumstances. Had we been notified we could have made the choice to stay home or know what we were faced with in regards to a cost increase before leaving home. Given we were NOT given an option or notification I felt the hotel should have helped us. They did not. Our only choice was in Mechanicsburg, I am so disappointed with this location and chain. There was no follow up from the location or corporate for the situation. Luckily the location in Mechanicsburg had availability, took us in and treated us very well. I was also disappointed in the manager for leaving the desk clerk at the location to deal with any situation such as this that may have occurred. While I was trying to figure out my situation, another couple came in with the same situation, they were not notified! I normally always read reviews here before booking, I read other reviews that led me to believe it would be a positive stay, I will always remember to turn to trip advisor before booking a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank penguin362
Gary S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear Guest,
We sincerely apologize that you felt mislead with regards to the reservation that you made. We also feel sorry that you were inconvenienced and rest assured that this incident will be taken seriously. We will further discuss this issue during our management meeting to make further amendments to meet you expectations on your next stay. Despite of what happen, we are hoping that you will still leave your doors open to Comfort Suites on your future trips. Thank you.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

WARNING - My family and I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Grantville, pa on July 26 and 27, 2012...We were not pleased with the hotel when we arrived but according to Expedia all other local hotels were booked full...Well, the pool area and hot tub were disgusting, we made the kids get out ASAP...green and smelled horrible...Our two rooms smelled musty and shortly after we arrived home we got sick...One of my Daughters tested positive for Legionnaires Disease and wa hospitlizedfor three days...My other daughter was very ill and had to go to the emergency room for treatment and antibiotics and did myself...No results from Expedia and the hotel manager will not return calls...We were contacted by the Department of Health with the understanding that the hotel was being investigated for Legionnaires..that was after we were sick and the realized WHERE we got it from...No one will do anything to resolve this and reimburse us..we are contacting a lawyer and feel this place should be shut down and really inspected...wish I knew anyone else who was staying there in July 2012...contact me at kemiller@nep.net...PLEASE don't stay at the comfort suites in Grantville...Bad place Kathy M

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank memphis1207
Rhoda A, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

All of us here at the Comfort Suites, Grantville are committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all of our guests. We wholeheartedly regret any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

We have worked hand in hadn with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, the Pennsylvania Department of Health as well as we have hired and expert consulting firm specializing in water treatment to ensure complete resolution.

As a preventative measure we have additionally installed a a water treatment system.

We look forward to continuing to provide the exceptional service and accommodations that our guests have come to enjoy at our Comfort Suites , Grantville

Reviewed September 5, 2012

The room smelled musty. There were stains on the sheets. Bathtub drain did not function properly. There was not enough sheets or towels for all of us. Hot tub was broken. Following our stay we got a letter from the health department about exposure to legionnaires disease.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TheG_family896
Rhoda A, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

All of us here at the Comfort Suites , Grantville are committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all of our guests. We wholeheartedly regret any inconveniences this issue may have caused.
We have worked hand in hand with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, the Pennsylvania Department of Health as well as we have hired an expert consulting firm specializing in water treatment to ensure complte resolution.
As a preventative measure we have additionally installed a water treatment system.
We look forward to continuing to provide the exceptional service and accommodations that our guests have come to enjoy at our Comfort Suites, Grantville.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
MainStay Suites
#4 of 9 in Grantville
Holiday Inn Harrisburg/Hershey
Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!