“Even though....”

Final Cut Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Final Cut Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Grantville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pennsylvania
“Even though....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Even though we liked the food, we are unlikely to return. I disagree with prior reviewers at both extremes.

Atmosphere is a strange blend of interesting meets bland. The exhibits of celebrity-worn clothing and jewelry make it somewhat interesting. I like that the tables are not right on top of each other. However, the neutral colors everywhere feels like fine dining meets Holiday Inn Express Lobby - with random window dressing. There is a non-subtle suggestion that diners should order a bottle of bubbly in the form of a 3-tier (animated) picture (tv sort of) that shows an endless loop of a bottle being opened and bubbling over. Even worse is that there is an iPad on the table whose sole function is to inform the diner of the best wines/drinks to pair with dishes on the menu.

We ordered: Clams Casino/Oysters Rockefeller (good, but have had better); Cheese plate (also good); Onion soup (fair); Braised Pork Belly w/Creamy Polenta (best dish of the evening);
Porterhouse (cooked perfectly, seasoned correctly), but stuffed potato somehow became a baked potato and asparagus was not sent out at all. These were corrected, but service was SLOW so by that time, finished with steak and ready to go home. Other entree was Bay Scallops with Ravioli (I think it was sweet potato). Dough for ravioli suffered from being overworked - edges were hard and dish should have been better than it was.

What we did not like: service is supposed to be relaxed - but it was dreadfully slow. While I understand that it takes time to cook food to order, and that this is fine dining, not fast dining - there was too much lag time between courses and at the end of the meal it took nearly a half-hour more to get the check settled and leave. In order to leave, you must cross the casino floor. It would be OK, but somehow, it is situated a little too close to the smoking area of the casino so you are assaulted by this on the way out. Just not what you want to deal with after having a nice meal.

There is not an abundance of fine dining options of steak in our area - however, based on our experience here, we would probably drive elsewhere.

1 Thank DianaBaldwin107

York, PA USA
“Great birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I can't think of a better place to go for a nice birthday dinner. What is better then a juicy steak and a good salad? My wife and I had dinner and really enjoyed our meal. I recommend final cut to anyone. Excellent service and relaxed atmosphere go along way for an enjoyable experience.

pennsylvania
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at the Final Cut several times over the past few years and have always been overwhelmed by how fabulous it is. We were just there on Saturday, 1/26/13 and it was probably the best meal I've had there to date....and I didn't think the previous ones we had could be topped! The food is so unbelievably good, the atmosphere is fabulous, and service is top notch. This is the best fine dining restaurant in south central PA.

Mount Joy
“Birthday Dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Heard so much about Final Cut....we were seated and ordered dinner Sat night for my birthday. After 1 hour and 20 min wait for our food, we finally got our steaks, the ribeye steaks were awful. The server and the manager apologized asked if we wanted to order something else, we ordered petite filets they were great. Didn't eat too much though, had lost our appetites. The Manager was nice and comped our check, except our drinks. Not sure if we'd go back.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Bunch1020
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over seasoned food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The food other than the bread was screwed up. They did not put any egg on my spinach salad and did nothing about it. My wife had the center cut 12 oz. Filet mignon ordered med. Came out med rare. Béarnaise sauce was awful. My pork chop was cooked very good but it had way to much seasoning on it the sauce would have been good enough. Creamed spinach was great. Potato au gratin was way over seasoned. And our server did nothing to resolve my salad complaint. Over all for $105.we will not dine here again.

• Visited October 2012