“Excellent first time B&B”

Red Umbrella Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Grantville B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed there over the weekend and were truly impressed with out stay. We never stayed at a B&B before but we will definately stay here again.The owners were very friendly and served us a great breakfast. We stayed in the larger room and loved the deluxe "Smart Shower" and corner jet tub. The home has 3 different room styles to pick from and were all comfy looking for just about anyone. The livign room was wonderfully decorated with couches for snuggling up by the fire. They also have a few outdoor areas for groups to sit outside and drink some wine...We ended up touring a local winery, stopping at Hershey Park, Troeg's brewey and finished the night at the nearby casino. Lots of thinsg to do for any couple wanting to get away. We even booked a future trip for family members as a Christmas present.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lager108
There are newer reviews for Red Umbrella Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night. We were very impressed by the room (largest one) and bathroom. The room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and the hosts are so sweet and thoughtful...they even had wine and chocolate waiting in our room for us! We will be back and definitely recommend The Red Umbrella!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was meeting up with 2 of my cousins and was looking for a place to stay. I thought about a hotel but was looking for something more cozy. I came upon the Red Umbrella and thought it looked like it would fit the bill. Boy, was I correct. Its so cozy, clean & cheerful. We enjoyed everything about this little gem. Anna was so friendly and laid back. In the morning we had the pleasure of Anna's company and a wonderful breakfast. Looking forward to a return stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cyndeeann
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A great find on a quick weekend trip to Grantville to visit the Hollywood Casino. This B&B is about 1 1/2 miles from the casino so it was perfectly located. Anna and Tim were very accomodating and so much fun to talk with. The Common areas are very inviting and comfortable. The medium bedroom was a nice size and the bed very comfy. The breakfast was so delish. We plan on returning next year for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013

As an admitted accommodation snob, I base local overnight 'date night' destinations on the availability of a B & B. Choosing the vicinity of Hershey in an internet search, we found the Red Umbrella.

The three reasons we will return for a third visit, fourth visit and so on is that this B & B immediately fulfilled 3 of my main sticking points; The rooms are precisely what any seasoned B & B visitor hopes to find, the owners and food are top-notch in terms of enjoyability and quality and there are no random pets jumping around, barking or otherwise interfering with your stay or breakfast.

Beyond that, the house and grounds offer a mini-getaway inside you getaway; the far gazebo/fountain/fireplace area is private for any romantic or business setting while two other sitting areas fit this description as well. Have I mentioned the owners? Ann and Tim are engaging and friendly without having that 'hovering' tendency.

As my husband and I have only one night a month to 'get away' and technically 24 hours or less to drive out from our home, find a place that we can enjoy that will feel as if we've had an entire weekend to spend together- we are pretty selective when choosing a B & B. And while I would rather re-visit a known hit rather than try new places each time (my husband's preference)- my husband readily booked our second stay at Red Umbrella without the common: "Haven't we already been?".

I highly recommend this B & B. We will certainly return!

Room Tip: We booked the large room on both our stays; it is cozy and features a whirlpool bath! The shower is...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a great B&B. Anna and Tim have put together a Great experience. They are wonderful inn keepers. The rooms are great, all well appointed and the big room with the steam shower is Wonderful!
Home made banana syrup is the highlight of a solid breakfast.
This B&B says 'Come Back for another stay'.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife and I returned to the Red Umbrella in June of 2013 because we had such a great experience there a year ago. Anna and Tim were teriffic hosts. Breakfast, accomodations and hospitality were outstanding. We will return anytime we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 9 in Grantville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey

Been to Red Umbrella Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!