“Great Place to stay”

Red Umbrella Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Grantville B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a great B&B. Anna and Tim have put together a Great experience. They are wonderful inn keepers. The rooms are great, all well appointed and the big room with the steam shower is Wonderful!
Home made banana syrup is the highlight of a solid breakfast.
This B&B says 'Come Back for another stay'.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Red Umbrella Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife and I returned to the Red Umbrella in June of 2013 because we had such a great experience there a year ago. Anna and Tim were teriffic hosts. Breakfast, accomodations and hospitality were outstanding. We will return anytime we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Red Umbrella for one night over Memorial Day weekend to celebrate his graduation from grad school. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer! We spent the day at Hersheypark (only 10 minutes away) and were delighted to come back to such a cozy, well-kept inn. We stayed in the Medium Suite, which was just perfect (although we would love to try the largest suite next time, simply for the steam shower and jacuzzi tub). The bed linens were so luxurious and the mattress incredibly comfortable. We slept like babies after a long day of walking. The next morning, we joined Anna and Tim for a DELICIOUS homemade breakfast of fresh fruit and french toast. Anna and Tim take pride in the Red Umbrella, and it shows. Every last detail is taken care of (from snacks and a Keurig machine in the kitchen if you get hungry, to shampoo and shower gel in the bathroom if you happen to have forgot them at home). The Red Umbrella is immaculate, comfortable, and in a great location convenient to sightseeing and major attractions. We can't wait to book another stay, and will be recommending the inn to everyone we know!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Anna & Tim have an amazing place just off the beaten path in Grantville. My wife & I stayed here for four nights on our (belated) anniversary trip. Where to begin? The room was very comfy, the bathroom with jacuzzi, shower (that does steam too!) was fantastic, and the hosts were excellent. Breakfast every morning began with delicious fresh fruit, and was always hearty and full of good conversation. Nancy was an excellent cook, and gave us good advice when it came to sights to see in Lancaster county. The location is perfect (ten minutes from Hershey, an hour from both Gettysburg and Lancaster) as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Tim and Ana run this amazing B&B and I couldn't be happier that my first experience with a B&B was at Red Umbrella.

My boyfriend "kidnapped" me on a whim and planned the entire stay on his own and I loved it.

We got the large room with the indoor tub and I highly recommend it.

They are the most attentive people and very thoughtful.
Ana recommended places for my boyfriend and I to go to and she is very sweet; trying to learn my name and my boyfriend's name. We're both from outside the States and our names aren't very common.

Best breakfast EVER!! And I highly recommend it to anyone trying to spend time away from it all and relax.

Great, clean rooms and great service.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at the Red Umbrella. We had a wonderful time. Upon arrival Anna and Tim welcomed us and made us feel right at home. Anna gave us a tour of the home and all I can say is BEAUTIFUL!! Everything about this bed and breakfast is absolutely georgeous!! We stayed in the large suite (I would recommend it if it is available). The bedroom was nicely decorated and the bathroom was FANTASTIC. There is a two person bubble tub and large steam shower. We could not have asked for a more wonderful way to spend our anniversary! We visited the town of Hershey and also enjoyed a night at the Hollywood Casino. When morning arrived we could smell the wonderful breakfast Anna and Tim were preparing for us, The food was DELICOUS. We felt like family, good food and great conversation. We are planning on many more trips to this lovely bed and breakfast!!

Room Tip: Ask for the large suite if it is available.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Red Umbrella B & B in mid-September while on a family history research trip to Dauphin and Lancaster counties. The location in Grantville fit our needs perfectly and the Red Umbrella was not only a wonderful place to stay but Anna made us feel so welcome. She's a great hostess! And her breakfasts were a very special treat each day. While I was out doing my family history research solo at times, my wife found both the Hershey area and the nearby Casino to her liking as well. We would highly recommend the Red Umbrella to anyone visiting that area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Arlo-Iowa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 9 in Grantville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey

Been to Red Umbrella Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!