“Delightful Find”

Ranked #1 of 2 Grantville B&B and Inns
Northumberland, Pennsylvania
“Delightful Find”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Red Umbrella in January 2012 for an overnight getaway close to home. Anna was friendly, personable, and hospitable and her made-to-order breakfast was fresh and delicious. Our room was immaculately clean, tastefully decorated, and very comfortable. The fireplace in the living room was a beautiful and warm welcome on a cold winter night. I had been an assistant innkeeper at a 12-room Select Registry Inn in Central PA for several years and am oftentimes a bit skeptical about staying at another Inn/B&B. The Red Umbrella is definitely a recommendation of mine and I look forward to visiting again in the near future!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank davenjilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend to visit Hershey, PA. We stayed in the largest room. I highly recommend it. The bathroom was incredible. The shower had a radio, 6 different heads and a steam option and the tub with jets was very soothing. Anna made us feel welcome immediately upon entering and was very flexible with our late check in. The breakfasts were incredible. This was my first time at a bed and breakfast and I was very pleased. Kelci and Vinnie.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Benton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Red Umbrella 5/12/12. It was a joy.
Anna the Innkeeper is an excellent host and should be proud of the fine job her family has done in restoring this historic building. Attention has been made to those little details in the Inn that really round out a job well done.
We stayed in the larger bedroom with the very large shower and bubble bath which proved to be very enjoyable. The Inn is very clean and decorated very well. We had a tasty breakfast that was very ample in portions and in selections. Anna is a good cook and tries to use local homemade products. Our banana bread and blueberry lime jam were great.
We were sorry our stay time was a bit rushed due to our personal schedule and wished we could of stayed longer. Great Inn, Great food, Great Inn keeper.
We truly enjoyed meeting Anna and her great Inn.
We will return.
Allen and Marie

Room Tip: All rooms looked great. They just varied as to sizes
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lewisburg, PA
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My first time at this beautiful B&B...feels just like home. Every detail is covered, the rooms are lovely, clean and well-appointed. The Innkeeper, Anna, made me feel completely welcome and special. I'm a bit of a lodging "snob" and this facility gets my highest recommendation. Don't look any further, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Mineral Point , PA
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed at the Red Umbrella last year for our 25th anniversary and had such a wonderful time that I felt that I had to surprise my wife with another trip for her birthday. Anna is such a wonderful person and has the best personality to own this bed and breakfast that it is an absolute treat to stay here. She makes you feel so welcome and makes you feel like you are not just a guest but like you are a good friend . We have stayed in the large room both times and have loved it . Definitely worth the extra for the tub and shower. The whole place is so relaxing , from the gas fireplace in the living room which was awesome on a cold snowy February night, to the tub and shower to the fabulous comfy bed. Breakfast and the wonderful conversation was the icing on the (birthday) cake. I would highly recommend this B and B to anyone who needs a very nice place to stay for a getaway or to rent out the whole place for a group or family trip to Hershey Park or Harrisburg or a gambling trip to Hollywood casino ..I wouldn't consider a big chain motel even close to the atmosphere of a b and b for the same if not higher price. This is a great place and will definitely be back . Thanks Anna for another great stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Middletown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed here the week after Valentines day. We ended up with the place to ourselves Friday night, in the large suite. It was wonderful! The bathroom does not disappoint. We hooked our phone up to internet and listened to our Pandora radio stations throught he shower radio all evening. Everything was thought of, and we didn't wish for anything else. We were so relaxed, it was so peaceful and quiet. Anna was a great breakfast cook, the welcome board with our name on it was a special touch, as well as our parting card to thank us for coming. Make sure you play pool down stairs too, I didn't even see that in the ammenities when we booked.

We'll definetely be back, by far the best value of any stay away from home we've ever had.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Curt B
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is our second time staying at this majestic B&B nestled just 10 minutes north of Hershey. Inside the inn it remained first-rate and magnificent, while the outside was landscaped beautifully in the back since the first time we were there. We miss seeing Ray from when we here before, but enjoyed a great evening with Tim and Anna along with their son and daughter who happened to stop by. We had enjoyed getting some good laughs in after hearing some stories both recent and in the past. The large bedroom was quite charming, contrasted to the attached high-tech bathroom. The breakfast was delicious and filling. Keep the Red Umbrella B&B in mind when traveling to or through the Hershey/Harrisburg area as a wonderful alternative to your standard hotel/motel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
MainStay Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 9 in Grantville
Holiday Inn Harrisburg/Hershey
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey

Been to Red Umbrella Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!