“Poker Room is lacking but found buffet to be surprisingly good.”

Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Poker Room is lacking but found buffet to be surprisingly good.”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The poker room is small, crowded and smells! For a tourney they over sold and had a wait list 50 people long. They allowed people to enter with full chip stacks into the 5th level. Dealers weren't very good.
The buffet was excellent! Plenty of fresh, regional dishes. I was surprised as reviews of the buffet were not stellar. We enjoyed the free soda station but cups are no bigger than dixie sized. The horse racing was interesting and fun. I'd go back for the racing and the buffet but not to play poker. The slots were average at best.

1 Thank Toritwo

PA
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 233 helpful votes
“Come Here For Entertainment - Don't Expect to Get Rich”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The Casino is nice, albeit smoky - but I have never had much 'luck' here. It seems your money goes further in Atlantic City, Dover, or Las Vegas. Hollywood Casino might be best enjoyed as entertainment - go for a meal, wager what you're willing to give up for the night at the slots/tables and get out!

That being said, the dining venues are pretty good, there's a small 'museum' of Hollywood memorabilia which just happens to exit into the gift shop, & parking has never been a problem on the half-dozen or so times I visited. It's not glitzy like the casinos on the Las Vegas Strip, but it's a lot closer to home..

Visited August 2014
1 Thank ErnTrekker
Chattanooga, Tennessee
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Break Evan if you Can”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We visited with getting food on our mind. We had been on the road for many hours through the rain and we were staying down the road. The one restaurant still open past 9 pm was the skyline sports bar and grill. The sign said please wait to be seated but after standing there for a few minutes and never being helped I went over to the bar. My nit pick about that whole thing is that the bartenders saw me there and even though its probably not their job to seat people knowing that nobody was around they could have extended the courtesy. They were not busy and only had 1 person at the bar. I advanced in on my own and right over to the bar. The bartenders were friendly once I had shown myself in. The food was good and the drinks were pricey. I didn't like the Crab-Beer dip. Played a slot machine on the way out and lost but that was what I expected to do. It was a fun night while resting on the road.

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“too tight”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

visited the hollywood casino in grantville,pa. about my fifth visit there. unlike the sands in bethlehem they are nice & helpful. however machines are so tight. put 100.00 in one machine & got one bonus, lo & behold bonus paid 2.60 put 100.00 in another machine two bonuses. one paid 1.60 & the other paid 13.00 its a shame how these casinos get away with tightening of there machines. where r the state watchdogs at? nice casino but u cant win here.

5 Thank bt51eagle
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Descent Visit”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Not very much of a gambling man, but love that there was so much to do at the Casino, the hospitality could be improved but overall, it was very enjoyable.

Visited June 2014