“No options for Non-Smoking...”

Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My husband and I are non-smokers who enjoy gambling. We highly enjoyed the horse racing but were not impressed with the casino. It seemed that the "non-smoking" section was tiny and surrounded by the smoking sections with nothing to keep the smoke out. I suppose it was nicer to not be sitting next to someone blowing smoke on me, but we didn't have the option to get away from the smoke completely except to leave the casino. Not to mention that there aren't all of the machines in non-smoking so your choices are very limited to what you can play.

1  Thank Kristen1030
in 6 reviews
"harrisburg"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed October 1, 2011

My wife and I stopped in at this casino to play some slot machines. The slots seem pretty good for paying out. Unfortunately, we didn't leave when we should have. Anyway, the casino is very nice inside, but does lack a place to eat breakfast. The machines are mostly new.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

always seem to go when I'm bored( not a good idea ) time flies in that place, I do make out ok at times, when I know how to walk away.believe it or not I get the most from penny slots n playing 21. I do enjoy It very much, if u don't like spending a few hundred, stay far away, if you don't mind it, it's a good place to be

Reviewed September 9, 2011

I'm an Eastern PA casino junkie and I think Hollywood is one of the best looking casinos in this area. Certainly is better than the Sands in Bethlehem. I don't win here, either, but I play slots for the entertainment, not to win big. So I enjoy walking around and looking at the decor and props around the casino. The floor layout is a bit confusing but once you walk all the way around and notice landmarks (like the big tree and the boat hanging out of the wall where you get your player's card), you can figure it out. The parking deck is large and easily accessable to the casino, too. I would go there more often but it is 1 1/2 hrs. from my house.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The cigarrete smoke is terrible. We ignored the previous reviews and went anyway, figuring how bad could it be... well it was worse. We went mainly for the buffet but the smoke was so bad in the restaurant my eyes were burning after 10 minutes. They are not RV friendly either. We had to park at the farthest end of the lot with the 18 wheelers. Then its a LONG walk to the casino. The food was not bad, but not good either. Most selections were tastless. I would not return!

1  Thank larryag