“Okay as other rooms were over $200”

Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey North
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Grantville
Staten Island, NY
“Okay as other rooms were over $200”
Reviewed September 3, 2004

The hotel was basic, room was kept clean as this is a newer motel so we expected things to be in pretty good shape, which they were. The continental breakfast was decent, enough to keep you satified till lunch time. Pool was horrible, my 2 year old son did go in with hubby, but I was so afraid he would catch some type of viral infection - all was ok. The pool area was suffocating and the pool temp was very high. Hotel staff was very helpful on restaurant suggestion, kept grounds clean, and were very friendly overall.

2 Thank MurphyMindi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 25, 2004

My daughter dropped her pacifier in the morning and came up with a hypodermic needle she found on the floor. We were beside ourselves. We took it to management and asked what they would do about it. The management was very unhelpful and would not refund our money. After talking to the state police, the owner was finally contacted. He chewed me out on the officer's own cell phone and told me that I was "all about money and that it was no big deal." What would you do? I was told that my refund was, "in the mail." I'm not holding my breath. The place wasn't great beyond the needle experience either. The pool was like swimming in warm bleach and the rooms looked only quickly cleaned. The hotel, as a whole, seems under-staffed and poorly run. Two words: "stay away."

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Allendale, New Jersey
Reviewed August 4, 2004

Our group was large (4 families) and we stayed at Ramada . The rooms are clean and new.The service was great and the staff were wonderful. Very close to hershey at a reasonable price. The hotel is new and does not need any updating. The free breakfast was great, it included juices, muffins,bagels, breads,cereals,a toaster, coffee and wide variety of teas, cream cheese, butter,peanut butter. I thought it was great, they have tables and chairs next to the buffet and next to the pool. I have stayed at closer by hotels and paid much more and I was more happy at ramada. It is located 7 minutes from the park.

4 Thank karpatsar
Queens, New York
Reviewed June 29, 2004

I stood at the Ramada Limited, Hershey for 2 nights in June, 2004 and was very pleased. The hotel rooms were large, had a table with chairs and a nice size bathroom. The indoor pool looked very nice although we were so tired from Hershey and the attractions, we never made it there. The hotel is very conveniently located about 5 miles straight down the road from Hershey Park and the price was right at $107 per night.

There was a complimentary continental breakfast in the lobby each morning with bagels, muffins, danish, cereals, coffee, etc. The staff was very nice and the breakfast stood open even past the hours advertised to accommodate late risers.

There are restaurants and other places to eat within a couple of blocks. I would recommend this hotel for families looking for a comfortable, convenient and clean place to stay.

2 Thank Tammy G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey North
#18 of 25 in Hershey
MainStay Suites
MainStay Suites
#4 of 9 in Grantville

Been to Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey North? Share your experiences!