“Not a safe place for a single women”

Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey North
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Grantville
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here about 18 months ago and all was ok BUT I returned this past Thursday 8/30 to a very different and unsettling hotel. It was obvious that many construction workers were sharing rooms on the third floor. I only saw one other women while I was there. The room was not clean, the towels were grey, and the smell of smoke was so strong it made me sick. If you are a single women you will NOT feel safe here unless walking out of the hotel with up to 15-20 men smoking makes you feel safe.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey North

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for a concert at Hershey. Perfect location only 5 minutes away. Price of the room was very fair. Clean room, bathroom and hallways. Only thing I can recommend is an ice machine on each floor.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The motel is VERY clean. The rooms need updating but are spotless. I stayed on the third floor but it looked like the first floor rooms had been updated. My biggest complaint was the noise. I could hear every door open and close. You could people in the hall talking and they weren't being loud just normal voices. The air conditioner worked great. Older televisions are in the rooms, but the rooms are a good size. The water pressure in the shower is nothing more than a trickle. I didn't use the indoor pool but it looked like families were using it everytime I went by. The staff was very efficient and friendly. If they update the motel it will be very nice.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the end of a hallway so you don't hear all the noise. If you have a pet the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had a not so pleasant room, like I said the only good thing about this motel was the manager Wes Moore, our bathroom was deplorable, unfortunately this motel needs an overhaul from top to bottom. The pool area smelled of heavy chlorine in the pool and the sliding doors did not open to get any kind of air in, also the kitchen area (counters, coffee machine) was not in the greatest shape. The manager Wes, helped us out tremendously and thanks to him we enjoyed our trip and our hotel stay. This man was a pleasure to deal with and he should be given a raise. Everything was so outdated, even the tv's need to be changed and beds were hard and nothing to the pillows.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Motel 6 chain sure has changed if my stay was any indication at all of that. When we checked in there were kids running through the lobby unattended (at 10:30pm) and the lobby reeked of chlorine. When we walked into the room the first thing that greeted us was some type of bug maybe a half inch long crawling up the wall with pinchers on its behind! The bathroom sink had mold on the grout, something either blood or BBQ sauce was splashed on the walls on the wall near the bed and in the bathroom and the set up for the room was supposed to be for 4 people but only had 3 bath towels so my son & I had to share a towel after our showers! The room overall needs a REALLY GOOD cleaning but nothing major. Sheets and pillowcases were clean but the pillows were flat and uncomfortable. Good place if you just need some sleep and a shower. Not sure if I would come back again - we were on vacation and would have liked something a bit nicer but during the 150th Anniversary of Gettysburg we couldn't be picky. Moving on to a a Sheraton for the rest of our week!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

it was clean and cheap. with the basics... The staff seemed friendly and helpful. Helped with directions well. i would stay here again. I arrived late and the parking lot was well lighted. Felt reasonable safe.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2013

well my husband decided to drive farther north from our usual stop @ exit 61;Heading back to CT. Wrong idea.
He pulled in, Paid $61.05 total for the night. how did he sleep - just ok. Got up @ 4:30 to take a shower - dribbles. So he did a sink wash up . Went to the front desk to tell the night person - he was sound asleep. left his "key" and off he went.
Next time he drives, he'll stay at our usual @ exit 61, there we pay about the same price, get a good night sleep and a minimal, "get you on the road" continental breakfast.
Don't leave the light on for us anymore.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey North
Econo Lodge Harrisburg
Econo Lodge Harrisburg
#33 of 50 in Harrisburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Days Inn Grantville
Days Inn Grantville
#4 of 9 in Grantville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
MainStay Suites
MainStay Suites
#3 of 9 in Grantville

Been to Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey North? Share your experiences!