“Smelly. Musty third floor.”

Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey North
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Grantville
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Good price and location.

The minute we walked in there was a musty smell that was even worse on the third floor.

Room appeared clean, but dusty behind / under /around furniture. Hair dryer falling off wall.

Old smoke smell in room.

Thin walls, could hear everyone around us.

Wall paper peeling in several area of hallway. Hallway carpets very worn.

Definately needs a makeover and cleaning.

Will not stay again. Stayed one night and left.

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey North

Reviewed August 22, 2012

If you can get past the smell that greets you at the front desk, then congratulations! It is all uphill from there! Personally, the smell got to me so much that the rest of the trip was a blur. I recall sleeping in a sweatshirt (with the hood up), sweatpants and socks in order to avoid touching the sheets. If you pack a baiting suit, then you're just carrying dead weight because I couldn't imagine anyone swimming in a pool that is greenish-brown. On the bright side, the staff was always pleasant and it made the experience better to see smiling, optimistic faces. If you need somewhere to stay in a pinch, you can't go wrong & the price really modest.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The man working the desk late at night was rude and tried to overcharge me (He tried to charge me $114 for a room I found on the internet for $54, claiming the rates went up for the holiday). He tried to say we didn't have the reservations we had made on the Motel 6 website. The room smelled like pee, and was not clean. When I said something to him he told me to leave then. After we waited almost 45 minutes to get checked in we found out we had just missed the last pizza delivery of the night by 10 minutes! I was so tired I forgot to check the beds and went straight to sleep. About 2 am our room was really hot and we called down to the front desk to get the a/c checked. He screamed into the phone, "So what do you want ME to do about it?". When he finally arrived we got it running again (It would only run for about 10 minutes then shut off), and he told us to leave but we weren't getting a refund. We had requested a late check out and the next morning when he found out we were calling customer service he threw us out before I could even get a shower! As we were packing up my daughter asked what the little bugs were crawling on the bed! We threw away our pajamas and were thankful we didn't bring much into the room! We talked to others at Hershey Park, and at the restaurant that morning and they all told us that the Motel 6 and the Scottish Inn (owned by the same people) always had problems with bedbugs!

Room Tip: Go to a different Hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Got to my room around midnight. When I got up in the morning I noticed coffee stains high on the wall by the bed & blood stains on the bathroom door & frame. Came back to my room tonight & it smelt like a smoking lounge & the house cleaners NEVER cleaned my room !!!! Showed the blood stains to the third shift guy (who can BARELY speak English) & he chuckled & told me it was rust !!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME ???? They don't use little shampoo bottles. They are over sized ketchup packets. Toilet paper is thin like dollar store 1/2 ply. INDOOR Pool is SEASONAL ???? Never heard of that in my life....

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2012

husband and i stayed 2 nites .holly at the front desk went out of her way to make us comfortable. the rest of the staff were also freindly.. the rooms were clean and beds were comfortable.location was convenient close to stores and attractions.the only bad experience we had was we had to go home..would go back for sure

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robert b
Reviewed October 19, 2011

44$ bought me a clean room, clean sheets, clean towels, polite service, and a pretty decent mattress.

The surrounding area lacks many staying options and what you do find is marked up above it's usual cost.

It's not the Marriot, but then again, I didn't expect it to be! Got my money's worth!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We booked this hotel because it has a pool for the kids. This morning I had four kids in bathing suits ready to swim only to find the pool is not open until 1pm! No exceptions.

I've stayed at a lot of hotels with pools over the years and I've never seen one that's closed in the mornings. Definitely one of those policies that's more about the needs of the management than the guests. The Internet signal doesn't work in our room either.

I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank tkamber
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey North
Econo Lodge Harrisburg
Econo Lodge Harrisburg
#33 of 50 in Harrisburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Days Inn Grantville
Days Inn Grantville
#4 of 9 in Grantville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
MainStay Suites
MainStay Suites
#3 of 9 in Grantville

Been to Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey North? Share your experiences!