All reviews mini golf basketball court water slides sausage hershey park pool table pancake machine nice kitchenette italian restaurant next door indoor pool comforts of home yogurt continental breakfast would stay here again pull out couch front desk staff beds were comfortable
Reviewed November 25, 2009

We just returned from a 2 night stay in Grantville. The hotel was spotless, there are activites for all ages on premises, and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. I have never written a review before, but these folks deserve the praise.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2009

After I checked in we got to our room and our keys didn't work. My wife and I stayed with our 2 kids who were tired after a day at Hershey Park. I went back down and got news keys and opened the door and the whole non smoking room smelled like cigarette smoke. So again went back down to tell the front desk and they promptly moved us to another non smoking room. The other room was better but you could still smell cigarette smoke on and off in the bathroom. I have asthma so I can't be breathing cigarette smoke all night. I shut the bathroom door and that seamed to help. I wasn't about to change rooms again. Plus I had ordered a crib for our youngest one that morning which they said no problem they would have it in the room, which it wasn't. There also is alot of road noice since it is near an intersection. On the positive side the staff was helpful and breakfast was very good. They have an awesome pool with a big water slide. Didn't try the minature golf course inside. I think they need to look into their ventilation in the hotel. You shouldn't be smelling cigarette smoke in non smoking rooms. Not sure if I will stay there again or not. It would a been a great bargain if everything went ok for only $59.00 a night.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
stevempvc, GM at MainStay Suites Grantville - Hershey North, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2009

I would like to sincerely appologize for the problems that arose during your stay. The venting system to our two smoking rooms(located on the upper floor) have since been refurbished to avoid furture complications. Again, we appologize and hope to have you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed November 16, 2009

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. We loved the kitchen with all of its supplies, the comfortable beds, the two TV's, the efficient staff, and my husband loved the breakfast (I'm on a diet).
You can't go wrong staying here from our experience. We have stayed in other hotels in Grantville and other places along Routes 81, 78, 84 and found this to be the best deal.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Took the grandkids to Hershey area for weekend adventures. Great stay at this hotel. Well-maintained pool with slide. Minigolf was a real surprise for them. Spacious suite had everything we needed. Decent breakfast. Very friendly welcome at check-in. Excellent value.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2009

This is our 2nd visit. This is very nice for kids. Pool w/ slide, basketball court, mini-golf, game room, etc. Easy drive to Hershey, casino, etc. Rooms have large fridge, cooktop stove, large microwave, granite countertops, cooking utencils, even a dishwasher.
The price is best of all. Check out pizza place next door. One of the best pizza's we've ever tasted, + very nice romantic old barn restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family