After being checked in by unprofessional staff in t-shirts and being a shown a list of things the hotel does not do or provide (e.g., full maid service on weekends), our room was not ready when we checked in well after check-in time. We waited in the lobby and purposely put ourselves in front of the manager's office. When someone came out of the manager office (dressed in a t-shirt and shorts) overheard our conversation, he asked the front desk if the room was ready. We still had to wait and this 'manager' never said a word to us. The room was clean but rules were posted everywhere. This hotel seemed to have a philosophy that the guest was the enemy who could only do wrong. No this, no that, be advised, etc... and if you break these rules we'll evict you. Even the toilet in the room had an awful large sign glued to it warning of what not to flush down. Good grief....had the hotel turned the messaging upside down the entire experience would have been better. For example, instead of saying "If you make noise after 11:00 pm, we'll evict you." they could have said, "For the comfort of our guests, please keep noise to a mininum after 11:00 pm." Pool was clean and the kids enjoyed the slide. Breakfast was lame but enough to get us started.
Major room complaint was the towels. Again, assuming the worst of guests, towels were rationed. They took our 'dirty' towels, but didn't replace them until after 4:00 pm in the afternoon. Apparently, they don't have enough towels to stock the hotel rooms properly without morning laundry. This was done across the board in all rooms, not just ours. They gave only a precise number of towels and threatened to charge if one was missing (another rule!).
Stay if you must, but if rooms are available elsewhere go there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are brand new, all rooms are SUITES, we offer a large indoor swimming pool with a 2 story water slide, indoor basketball and 9 hole mini golf, free hot breakfast, All rooms have a pull-out-sofa bed, 2 room suites, free wireless and wired internet and all of our rooms have full kitchens. Hershey is only 5 miles, Harrisburg is also only 10 miles, Penn National Casino & Race Track is 1/4 mile and Fort Indian Town Military Gap is only 5 miles. We have a mixture of 2 queen bed suites, king bed suites and 2 room suites. We have a meeting room which we will not charge. Any questions please feel free to contact us Each room bed type can be arranged individually later. We have 385 sq. feet of meeting space available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your MainStay Suites Grantville - Hershey North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mainstay Hotel Grantville
- Grantville Mainstay Suites