All reviews mini golf basketball court water slides sausage hershey park pool table pancake machine nice kitchenette italian restaurant next door indoor pool comforts of home yogurt continental breakfast would stay here again pull out couch front desk staff beds were comfortable
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and two small children. I found that the rooms were a decent size and very clean. We loved having a full kitchen in our room and the kids thought that the activity room and pool were amazing! They had a lot of fun playing mini-putt and sliding down the waterslide. We also loved the free-popcorn offered in the lobby each evening! The staff that we encountered were all friendly.

I did find it a bit odd that I had to sign a waiver upon checking-in that listed a bunch of somewhat strict rules - for example, you are not allowed to bring breakfast food from the continental breakfast area to your room...didn't like this as my children don't normally sit quietly at a table and normally I like to bring breakfast back to our room where they aren't going to disrupt others. Aside from that, our stay was enjoyable. It was close enough to all the area attractions (although you definitely need a car to get around). I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in this area!

Room Tip: Head to the grocery store - these rooms have a fully-functional kitchen so you can save on eating out!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GMPA547, Manager at MainStay Suites Grantville - Hershey North, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

We here at the MainStay Suites Grantville/Hershey would like to thank you for taking the time to complete an online comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Being that there are so many families that stay here during the summer months we do have a noise policy to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay. Again thanks and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived the check in line was long. That was no big deal. The guy who checked us in had a very blah attitude. He could careless about what he was saying. He talked so fast and just rambled information such as the wifi password, check out time and breakfast times. I asked him to repeat things two times to be able to understand him. After we checked in we went outside to get our things and there was the guy, who just checked us in, smoking a cigarette right in front of the hotel. That's not very professional.
Our room was small for five people. It would of been fine if the the pull out couch didn't hit the tv stand or if the desk chairs fit under the table. It was very tight. To much furniture for that size room.
The tv in the room did not work.
The rug looked like it was cleaned in a while.
The bedding was faded.
The bathroom was clean as was the little closet area.
The kitchen area was okay. The floor was dirty. The fridge was nice. We are a family of five and there was only four of every thing; plates, mugs and utensils.
All three of my children have asthma and animal allergies. After making my reservation online I called the front desk to make sure we did not have a room used for a guest with an animal in the past. I was told there are only two rooms for pets and we were not in one of them. My oldest child had a sneezing reaction to the room and her breathing wasn't right. At check out I asked the guy if it was possible someone with a pet stayed in our room? He insisted there was no way that could happen. I tried to explain that people could sneak pets in and he continued to insist that it wasn't possible. The reaction my daughter had was to a pet. I know my child and what sets her allergies off. At one point there has been a pet in room 222.
There was lots of noise above us during the night.
There was a garbage overflowing near the elevator. I have a picture of it.
Breakfast was crowded but it was good. There was a dining room open plus the lobby area. The dishes and cups are all styro foam. It is really sad this material is still in use. It is not biodegradable. We would rather pay more to stay at a hotel that does not use this material. For a few dollars more per room this hotel company could help the environment.
We will not be staying at this hotel again. We will not be recommending this hotel to anyone. We will share our experience with anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Wwhatever
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed here on businesx and will stay again.

The gentlemen at the front desk helped me cancel the reservation that I mistakenly made at another Main Stay location and after making my reservation he thanked me for being a Choice Diamond Elite member.

The indoor baskball court was great though it was broken and only at the 6 feet level. At least I could slam dunk! The indoor putt putt, game room, and pool with a cool slide would be great for those with kids.

My room was very nice with flat screen tv's in the bedroom and living room. Nice kitchenette for a family staying a few days.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
GMPA547, Manager at MainStay Suites Grantville - Hershey North, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for filling out such a nice comment in regards to your stay at the MainStay Suites Grantville/Hershey. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My family of four stayed here for two nights while visiting Hershey Park. The location is a short drive to the park, however it's kind of isolated. There is a pretty decent Italian restaurant (Fabios) right across the street, but other than that there's not much more than farmland within a few miles of the place. We were initially intrigued by the hotel's offering of an indoor minigolf course, basketball court and pool with a waterslide. I was a bit disappointed by these amenities - the mini golf course was in one small room with what can only be described as "portable" greens -more of an activity for the toddler-4 year old kids than a 6 and 11 year old. The "basketball court" was a small fenced off corner of the mini golf course room. Only one net. The indoor pool and slide were fine. The room itself was clean and well equipt and temp control was great. Staff was courteous and helpful. We would stay here again, but we'll probably skip the mini golf this time!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about your recent stay at the MainStay Suites Grantville/Hershey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. We our constantly striving to make improvements to all of our amenities to make our guests experience pleasant.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed here in 2010 and again last week. The Hotel is very nice and clean. I did notice they cut back on the continental breakfast. I guess the economy is effecting everyone. They had coffee/tea bagels, sausage, cereal and fruit. Still overall good, as it was free. I booked 2 rooms. 1 was 2 double beds and the other was a king, 1 bdrm. suite. (This had a separate bdrm with another TV). Great for privacy. Both rooms had a pull out sofa . The mattress on them were pretty bad. Fine for the kids though. The small kitchen was very convenient. Had a good size frig., stove with pots, and a small sink. The TV had a lot of cable channels including 2 HBO's. I was looking forward to renting in room movies, but they do not have them anymore. The restaurant Fabio's next door was good. We did take out and ate on the outside porch of Hotel. The Prk was about 5 miles away. The drive is very easy to get to. Not much in the nearby area. Kinda in the middle of know where. Overall we had a nice 4 day stay. The Hotel front desk staff were very nice and accommodating. The maids were very nice as well.. If you needed anything they were always available. They do not clean the rooms everyday or change sheets. If you request it, its not a problem. Just remember to tip them as they work very hard. I would stay here again. Another satisfied customer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
GMPA547, Manager at MainStay Suites Grantville - Hershey North, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on your recent stay at the MainStay Suites Grantville/Hershey. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.