All reviewsmini golfbasketball courtwater slidessausagehershey parkpool tablepancake machinenice kitchenetteitalian restaurant next doorindoor poolcomforts of homeyogurtcontinental breakfastwould stay here againpull out couchfront desk staffbeds were comfortable
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was the second time we stayed here while visiting Hershey. It's just a few minutes away from Hershey. The hotel is family friendly with a indoor pool and waterslide, mini golf, indoor basketball and small arcade. The kids had a ball. We also like how the rooms are bigger than your average rooms. The queen bed suites have a couch that pulls out to a bed and are extra roomy. Although the pull out couch isn't very comfy, but that is probably par for the pull out couch course. The hotel and room were clean. We were not impressed with breakfast however. There was nothing hot on the buffet. Comparable hotels we've stayed at have eggs and a meat, sausage or bacon. It would be nice if they added this. They also did not have white toast or English muffins. My son, who is five and a picky eater, ate absolutely nothing for breakfast. The breakfast was a bit disappointing. Other than that, we were pleased with the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
GMPA547, General Manager at MainStay Suites Grantville - Hershey North, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your latest stay at the MainStay Suites Grantville/Hershey. It means a lot for us to have you as a returning customer and your fine review of our property. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our breakfast and will take your comment into account. We recently had just switched to a continental set up and your suggestions will help ultimately better our breakfast. Again thank you for the comment.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here last year and loved it. We came back this year for 2 nights. I can't say enough good things about our stay. My husband and I went to the Penn National Race Track and Hollywood Casino. The Hotel is 1/2 mile from them. Very convenient. The Hotel is the cleanest hotel we've ever stayed in. The rooms don't smell bad they are spotless and quiet. The area is safe and the staff is great. Breakfast is wonderful and everything in the breakfast room is very clean and well stocked. I wish all hotels were this nice for the money. we stayed March 13 thru the 15th. It was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for your repeat business at the MainStay Suites Grantville/Hershey and for the nice review. We appreciate that you would come back and stay with us and I will sure share your comment with the staff. Again thanks for taking the time to comment.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel February 18th thru the 21st. It was very nice. The man at the desk upon check in was very helpful and responded to our extra towel request right away. The pool and recreation areas were very nice, everyone had a great time using the water slide. The hotel is conviently located near Hershey and it's just a short drive to the parks and shops. During our stay the fire alarm did go off which was no big deal, my only complaint is that it never went off in the pool area. I just happen to see the light blinking over the fire sign so I went to the lobby and sure enough the alarm was going off. I felt very bad for the man running the desk as he was the only one there and it seemed overwhelming for just 1 person to deal with. So all in all we had a great stay, nobody developed any rashes from the pool and the rooms were neat and clean.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Silverwolf_505
GMPA547, General Manager at MainStay Suites Grantville - Hershey North, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment at your stay at the MainStay Suites Grantville/Hershey. We appreciate your patience with the fire alarm that went off and will certainly share your comments with our staff. Again thanks for your comment and we look forward to your future stays at our property.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here Feb 26-27. The hotel is nice. Very clean. Each room has a small kitchen with fridge and stove. The morning breakfast is sparse. coffee, cereal, fruit, bagels and donuts and juice. Enough to fill you up.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
GMPA547, General Manager at MainStay Suites Grantville - Hershey North, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

We are grateful that you took time to comment regarding your experience at the MainStay Suites Grantville/Hersey and appreciate your kind words. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay and we look forward to your future visits if you venture back this way.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Drove 3 and a half hours to stay at this Hotel because it was always the one the kids wanted to stay at for the last 5 years (the kids always loved the hotel because of the pool). We loved it there, until are last stay from February 16th thru the 19th. All Five of the kids developed rashes and pain from the swimming pool. Chemicals were so harsh that it burned your eyes when walking in the pool area. Along with the chemical burns from the swimming pool (which is what I belive it was) there hair was very hard when you touched it... After being home 2 days the kids hair is still a disaster.. Very hard, straw, damaged hair. Will most likely need to be cut. (The girls all had beautiful long hair and will be devistated if they have to get it cut )We tried to explain the situation to the manager on two different occasion ,during our visit, and even showed the rashes that the kids experienced to the man working behind the counter so he could tell the manager the next day.. The man behind the desk told the manager via telephone and the manager said it was not from the pool?! (this is with the manager not even seeing the rashes) Did not do anything to even try to make our stay a better one... The day we left I noticed that the pool area was closed.. Came home and got on the internet for mainstay suites in Grantville, Pa and it said the pool was closed for maintance until February 21, 2013. I ask my self, why would they of closed the pool for 3 days on the day we left. I belive they knew somthing was wrong. That's just my opinion. The manager was the rudest, money hungry person I have ever delt with. I will never again stay at this hotel again..
P.S. Don't let the pictures of the pool deceive you.. In reality, the pool is cold, green and murky looking. Nothing like what there pictures show of the pool.
I almost forgot.. If you go there in the summer you will be bombarded with flies... There is a major fly problem during the summer months.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Christine P
GMPA547, General Manager at MainStay Suites Grantville - Hershey North, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Again by code we test the chlorine & PH levels in our pool twice a day, log the results & send them to an outsider inspector (This is another guest that stayed in the same room as the previous complaint and conveniently you both joined this site after you were not awarded compensation for your stay--that is just for the record) . We have never had any problems concerning our pool. During your stay not only were some 200 + children using the pool but there was also a birthday pool party with over 40 children and there were no problems reported. I had spoken personally with you on several occasions about this and suggested a walk-in clinic for your concerns, not only did you ignore this suggestion but your children continued to use the pool in question several times a day without any problems until the time of checkout. As for why the pool was closed we were painting the pool and conducting maintenance on the water slide.